BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Opinions On: "Overprotected"
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Sempachorra
post Feb 15 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #1
Let's Go Brandon
Group: Members
Member No.: 421

Discuss Britney's second single (3rd in the US) from her album "Britney", released near the end of 2001/early 2002 around the world. The song was a european success, reaching the top 10 in most countries and #4 in the UK.

Of course you can also discuss the Darkchild remix of Overprotected, this was the chosen version for the release in the US. The song flopped over there, reaching only #93 on the Hot 100 in Spring 2002. The song also flopped at pop radio, reaching only #37. This was during the time Britney was being boycotted on radio, so its not that surprising. Shame really.

Her body was at its prime during this era, for sure. Wow.

This post has been edited by Euphorique: Feb 15 2015, 06:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jakee
post Feb 15 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #2
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Member No.: 47

the original is my favourite britney song of all time bar none <3

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Feb 15 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #3
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Member No.: 67

GOODNESS GRACIOUS. You are right about her body. She was SPOT on 2001-2003, seriously the perfect example of a fit woman.

The original song is better than the remix and is one of her best... and really the last glimpse we saw of old school Britney. The Remix video however is f***ing amazing. Definitely in my top 5 Britney videos, perfection. The dance scene in the hotel lobby wub.gif

PS- All hail Max Martin.

+Quote Post
Sempachorra
post Feb 15 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #4
Let's Go Brandon

Yeah I also prefer the original song, but the remix video >>>> definitely one of her best.

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Feb 15 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #5
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

The US version reached #86 over there. But much prefer the original such a catchy tune, although a pretty safe choice though, I find the remix pretty forgettable.

+Quote Post
Tyler
post Feb 16 2015, 12:26 AM
Post #6
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
Member No.: 67

"Slave 4 U", "Not A Girl" and "Overprotected" are very well known in the USA... Her chart positions up to 2004 are pretty much inaccurate when it comes to the relevance of the tracks.

Slave and Not A Girl get more AirPlay to this day then all her other singles pre- ITZ. Not A Girl is pretty much a staple on adult contemporary stations, and Slave is played frequently as a recurrent on Pop along with BOMT, Toxic, Womanizer, TTWE and I Wanna Go. The fact 'I Wanna Go' is her biggest hit on radio says it all tbh.

If you walked up to anyone from the age of 18-40 and they will be able to spout out the lyrics word by word. 'Britney' is her only album besides 'Britney Jean' to not have a top ten hit. Yet, it's moved over 5 million units. She was absolutely massive during the era. And we have dozens of FLAWLESS performances to thank for that, along with the Pepsi campaign, the massive DWAD tour, Crossroads (which massively fueled album sales) and not to mention one of her VERY few completely live performances.

This was the era where she finally starting to get respect from her peers and older audiences for her artistry, work ethic and extremely well executed performances.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 16 2015, 12:47 AM
Post #7
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

In my top 5 Britney songs of all time. Look at the definition of flawless and I'm pretty sure this song is it's definition. It's pop perfection. The remix was a bit bare in comparison and really shouldn't have been released, although it did give us that video, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise!

Always been one of my very favourite Britney tracks and one of (quite a few) that I think would still be some kind of hit today!

+Quote Post
Sempachorra
post Feb 16 2015, 12:58 AM
Post #8
Let's Go Brandon

QUOTE(Acidburn @ Feb 15 2015, 11:57 PM) *
The US version reached #86 over there. But much prefer the original such a catchy tune, although a pretty safe choice though, I find the remix pretty forgettable.

Are you sure? I checked the Billboard site and it says #93.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Feb 16 2015, 08:08 PM
Post #9
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

It's an enjoyable track and I do like it, but it's quite typical run-of-the-mill early Britney.

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post Feb 16 2015, 08:34 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 5,392

I love more that original video version, that intro is so good wub.gif

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Feb 17 2015, 07:43 AM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 2,666

QUOTE(Nick F1 @ Feb 16 2015, 10:34 PM) *
I love more that original video version, that intro is so good wub.gif

Bombastic Love wub.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:37 AM