BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Séyetana National Thread, kein Reich kein Staat keine Grenze die dich hält
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Izzy
post Apr 1 2019, 02:10 AM
Post #441
resident woke weeb
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

UVERworld - Touch Off

One of the most interesting bands in Japan right now, and actually quite a veteran for that, I want to say Japan's MCR had they stayed together and hopped on modern trends - because there's always interesting elements in their songs, although they weren't electronic rock and this is. Maybe it's just because of that incredibly catchy NA NA NA refrain running through Touch Off. Also the 'Fire' bit makes me think of Fuego. Which is completely random really. But it's similarly upbeat at least!

Anyway I've been humming this ever since I started watching The Promised Neverland (and subsequently stanning it to anyone who'd listen) and it was well worth me breaking my informal pact to not send anime songs carelessly. Though I must admit 2018 was a bit of a weaker year on that front and 2019, in contrast, has gotten off to an incredibly strong start with this leading the pack. Hope y'all enjoy this BANGER opening the semi.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Izzy
post May 3 2019, 11:15 AM
Post #442
resident woke weeb
   No Gallery Pics

Marnik - Up & Down

Did you want a huge dance track with cool piano lines sung by little chicks? Well, you got one.

with many thanks to the numerous Terra Avium citizens who were eggnapped and forced to play the antagonists landed huge FLOCKS of starling roles in this video. Make sure you're up and flying high enough to vote for this, or we may have to arrange your downfowl.

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jun 9 2019, 11:51 AM
Post #443
resident woke weeb
   No Gallery Pics

Eiko Shimamiya - Naraku No Hana (Flower Of Hell)

So autoqualifier time? I got lucky again!

Actually, I wish to disavow any suspicion that I sent an anime OP just because I had an autoqualifier, because I did not send an anime OP just because I had an autoqualifier. I get really bogged down by the curse of choice sometimes, even moreso when the song might not face a semi. I was thinking metal, hard dance, goth rock, J-pop, everything I normally do and I couldn't focus, so I discarded everything and went with the song that had been the most in my head during confirmation week, which was Naraku No Hana. Rather randomly actually, I heard it for the first time in months about two weeks ago and remembered how good it was.

Naraku No Hana, or Flower Of Hell for its English translation and beautiful chorus lyric 'anata wa naraku no hana ja nai' (you are not a flower of hell), is the opening song to the second season of mid-00s horror cult classic anime Higurashi, that I got a little obsessed with last year. It's a slow but powerful midtempo with some great little sound effects and a lovely melody, I look forward to any support you give it in the final. Let's smash it!

+Quote Post
Bré
post Jun 9 2019, 04:11 PM
Post #444
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

I can't believe you've got away with the anime AQ swindle a second time!

(hey it's been a while since I posted in here, Séyetana have been having a very consistently good year for me so far, I really wish Marnik had managed to pull out the win, also justice for Japanese Breakfast etc.)

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jun 9 2019, 04:30 PM
Post #445
resident woke weeb
   No Gallery Pics

Excellent, I think I'm really recovering from the opening! I don't think I quite appreciated myself at the time what a crime Japanese Breakfast was being left out actually.

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Jul 22 2019, 11:32 AM
Post #446
resident woke weeb
   No Gallery Pics

Miyavi - No Sleep Till Tokyo

The best current guitarist in Japan dropped this banger of an alt party tune the month I'm going to end up in Tokyo itself. Enjoy! happy.gif

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Aug 22 2019, 07:43 AM
Post #447
resident woke weeb
   No Gallery Pics

8kids - Dein Zuhause

so this is a genre-defying bit, if you enjoy message German and I hope you do, then you'll hopefully find this very compelling.

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 04:35 PM