BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
31 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Music’s Too Sad Without You ● 5th Single
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jessie Where
post Oct 1 2018, 12:27 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
That's the perfect choice if they want to keep the album sales ticking over in Q4. Really happy with that!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 1 2018, 12:36 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
It's a single that again shows another side to kylie and also the album so fingers crossed it helps sell the album. This is easily my second fave single off the album after Dancing.

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post Oct 1 2018, 12:41 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551
I'm over the moon at this news. I'd never have expected five singles to come from the album, given how the previous few have be dealt with.

Suddenly the low-key releases of 'Golden' and 'A Lifetime to Repair' don't seem quite so mis-judged. Maybe it was a calculated slow burn to keep momentum going til Christmas.

Can't wait to see it performed!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Oct 1 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #44
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
It seems odd to me that she chose not to perform it at the concert though. She's missed the opportunity to present it to thousands of the general public. I'm sure it could have worked solo, given that she sings Where the Wild Roses Grow & Especially for You, and gets the backing singers in on the action for Kids. Or if not performed, surely it could have been effectively used in a screen interlude?

I feel like a decision was made not to include it because it wouldn't go down well in an arena setting, but then that doesn't really strike me as having much confidence in a song that they're giving single treatment. Will it go down any better with TV audiences, if not directly at her fans in concert?

I wish I shared the enthusiasm you guys have in this being such an obvious single choice. Admittedly I can see it sounding at home on Radio 2, but then again, will it really stand out in a play list that will undoubtedly be full of MOR already? We shall see...

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 1 2018, 01:37 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
I am delighted with the choice of fifth single, its a beautiful song and was the standout track from day 1 when i heard the album.
I do think Kylie should have performed it on tour and had a special guest singing it with her to draw attention to it as it would also draw more attention online and in reviews.
This aside, i do feel it is a song that is an album seller and with promotion lined up at this early stage they seem committed to trying to make this a hit.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post Oct 1 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155
The reason I’m so behind MTSWY is that for me it sounds like a song that could really sell the album especially if as reported they have some big TV promo - the dynamics of Kylie performing a duet should hopefully go down well with the general public and have them seeking out the album, also Jack seems to have quite a solid fan base too which will help.

Totally agree on the missed opportunity from a tour point of view though - she’s missed out on promoting it directly to around 200,000 people!

+Quote this post
aeroco
post Oct 1 2018, 02:25 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 2,392
Guessing she'll pre record some of the big performances this month as she is touring Europe much of November.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Oct 1 2018, 02:54 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515
She is doing the European Golden Tour in November so it will either be released at the start or the finish..... probably the start to coincide with an album re-release.

November/December promo

Jonathan Ross?
Strictly?
X-factor?
Royal Variety?
Golden Tour on TV?

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 1 2018, 03:39 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
If, she manages to get all those promotion slots it would be simply wonderful.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 2 2018, 02:28 AM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I'd love all them promo slots to happen as mixed with a release and the album would sell.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post Oct 2 2018, 07:33 AM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155
Jonathan Ross and XF please - I think an XF performance would be better than Strictly.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 2 2018, 09:43 AM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
It's hard to know which would be more sales beneficial,there was a time when I would easily say x factor, ideally she will perform on both.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Oct 4 2018, 01:12 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Oct 1 2018, 01:50 PM) *
It seems odd to me that she chose not to perform it at the concert though. She's missed the opportunity to present it to thousands of the general public. I'm sure it could have worked solo, given that she sings Where the Wild Roses Grow & Especially for You, and gets the backing singers in on the action for Kids. Or if not performed, surely it could have been effectively used in a screen interlude?

I feel like a decision was made not to include it because it wouldn't go down well in an arena setting, but then that doesn't really strike me as having much confidence in a song that they're giving single treatment. Will it go down any better with TV audiences, if not directly at her fans in concert?

I wish I shared the enthusiasm you guys have in this being such an obvious single choice. Admittedly I can see it sounding at home on Radio 2, but then again, will it really stand out in a play list that will undoubtedly be full of MOR already? We shall see...

You do make valid points Jay. It is strange that you'd release a song as a single but not include it on your tour. If Shelby 68 and Radio On went down fine I see no reason why a solo Music's Too Sad wouldn't if placed right on the set list.

I can see it working great on TV though. Royal Variety wold be perfect and I can imagine a couple of Strictly professionals dancing to it as she performs on the show too. Ever since album release, I've had it in mind as a good album selling song and many fans share those thoughts, so I think there's something in that.

Out of interest, what would be your favourite / do you think would work best as a single?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Oct 4 2018, 11:25 AM
Post #54
Group icon
Royal Variety would definitely be the perfect setting for this song, but she's performing in Berlin on the night the Royal Variety is filmed! sad.gif Not sure how they would get around that.

Admittedly out of the standard tracks remaining, I can see why they've opted to go with this one, and it probably is the most effective choice in terms of potentially gaining Golden some decent Q4 sales (at least, I hope so). I'm coming around to the choice more after initial disappointment! It's offering a different tempo to demonstrate what the album has to offer, while it being a duet may attract some more intrigue than it simply being a fifth Kylie solo single off it.

Overall my heart is with Lost Without You, and I would have truly loved it to have its moment with a music video/remixes (without any hyperbole intended, for me it's one of her finest moments in general, not just off this album). Sadly I can understand that it's not the most practical choice from a business point of view, with it not actually being on the standard track list (and by now I assume it'll mostly be the standard CD that people are coming across in the likes of HMV). I had been keeping my fingers crossed for a special edition re-release that upgraded the deluxe tracks to being on what would be the new main version, then it could have had greater exposure and more viability as a single. I'll probably not get my wish! kink.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Oct 4 2018, 11:40 AM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
If it does take off for many it won't be seen as the fifth single as it's likely golden and a lifetime to repair went totally unnoticed. Tge duet element will attract some people for curiosity reasons.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Oct 4 2018, 01:29 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Golden is Kylie’s fifth UK No.1 studio album. Recently certified Gold and following an extensive UK tour, Kylie releases the stunning Music’s Too Sad Without You - a duet with fellow BMG artist Jack Savoretti (and the fifth and final single to be taken from the album) to be promoted across radio and TV shows including The X Factor, The Jonathan Ross Show and Michael McIntyre’s Big Show in November. Kylie is also set to release a Collector’s Edition Gold Cassette on November 9 to celebrate Golden being the bestselling cassette of 2018!

I hope Music Week isn't winding us up!

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Oct 4 2018, 12:25 PM) *
Royal Variety would definitely be the perfect setting for this song, but she's performing in Berlin on the night the Royal Variety is filmed! sad.gif Not sure how they would get around that.

Admittedly out of the standard tracks remaining, I can see why they've opted to go with this one, and it probably is the most effective choice in terms of potentially gaining Golden some decent Q4 sales (at least, I hope so). I'm coming around to the choice more after initial disappointment! It's offering a different tempo to demonstrate what the album has to offer, while it being a duet may attract some more intrigue than it simply being a fifth Kylie solo single off it.

Overall my heart is with Lost Without You, and I would have truly loved it to have its moment with a music video/remixes (without any hyperbole intended, for me it's one of her finest moments in general, not just off this album). Sadly I can understand that it's not the most practical choice from a business point of view, with it not actually being on the standard track list (and by now I assume it'll mostly be the standard CD that people are coming across in the likes of HMV). I had been keeping my fingers crossed for a special edition re-release that upgraded the deluxe tracks to being on what would be the new main version, then it could have had greater exposure and more viability as a single. I'll probably not get my wish! kink.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Seems like she'll be fine for promo slots if Music Week is anything to go by though! ohmy.gif

I do agree, 'Lost Without You' deserves its chance to shine. I'd be happy with a live performance music video being released, at least that would make it feel like a "moment" if not a single and we'd get to see that beautiful lazer scene in all its glory! *.*

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 4 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
That to me indicates a proper re-release isn't happening.

Pleased if all those performance slots do transpire though! I think the album can do 150k at least by the end of the year.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Oct 4 2018, 01:45 PM
Post #58
Group icon
Oh wow at that proposed promo! ohmy.gif Make Golden a Q4 smash, Kylie. *_* Agree with Aly, I can definitely see 150k+ when all is said and done and that would be a pleasing outcome (now if only it could be double that and go platinum, but that's definitely pie in the sky).

Kind of surprised with an X Factor slot actually, which maybe indicates her not doing Strictly? I'd say the song would lend itself better to the Strictly audience (plus that show gets higher ratings), but still, X Factor should do good things for her anyway.

I wish "Collector's Edition" could extend to a new CD/Vinyl, as well as the cassette (I assume this cassette might not even add 1000 to her UK total considering there'll have been international orders for the limited run of 1500 copies).

QUOTE(liamk97 @ Oct 4 2018, 02:29 PM) *
I do agree, 'Lost Without You' deserves its chance to shine. I'd be happy with a live performance music video being released, at least that would make it feel like a "moment" if not a single and we'd get to see that beautiful lazer scene in all its glory! *.*

wub.gif What a moment that was, such an incredible visual and mood for that spoken middle 8!

+Quote this post
pippa
post Oct 4 2018, 02:28 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Lost Without You is a good song.
That said, i don't believe it would make for a great single.
I have the same sentiment to it as i do with 2 Hearts, good song as an album track but not for a single.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Oct 4 2018, 03:11 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I think X Factor still gives songs better boosts than Strictly does, even though Strictly does double the ratings. Things could have changed in the past year or so though, I can't say I've really been following. Either way, it's still a big booking for her.

+Quote this post

31 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:28 PM