BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Three vs Progress, Which do you prefer and why?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Progress vs Three
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
pippa
post 6th June 2016, 07:55 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Beautiful World and The Circus are clearly the favourite albums of Take That since they reformed. Progress and Three while are miles apart in the world of sales, from a music point of view they have split opinion.

Which of these album do you think is the best album and please give an explanation relating to why you believe one album is better than the other.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dylan62
post 6th June 2016, 10:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 23,185

I've made somewhat of a u turn. I've previously championed lll and heavily criticised Progress. Over the past week I've been listening to Progress /Progressed a lot and on balance I think I actually prefer it to lll !!!!!

To qualify my position - I positively dislike/hate most of the songs off the Progress album but there are certain songs: TF, Wait, Flowerbed, Eight Letters and WWWY and WTWWD that I really love. I also like Happy Now and Love, Love.

In terms of lll I now realise that I only love WYBTFM although I like TD, Higher Than Higher, CMH, Freeze and a couple of others.

For these reasons I've gone with Progress/Progressed.

However, neither album hold a candle to BW or The Circus. I don't quite know what's happened to TT song writing direction but overall their earlier work was of a much higher quality.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 6th June 2016, 11:00 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I'm the same and am on a you turn. Progress has 3 songs I love which are the flood,right letters and love love and I still really like happy now. I am finding the songs on three already are aging badly except for these days which I still love. Neither album is a patch on beautiful world or my fave album by them the circus. I hope they move back to the sound of bw or TC or I also agree they are in danger of alienating even more fans.

This post has been edited by Aphrodite: 6th June 2016, 11:01 PM

+Quote this post
milly
post 7th June 2016, 03:19 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,540

I'm the awkward one here biggrin.gif For me, III remains TT's best album to date. WYBTFM, HTH, Flaws, These Days, Freeze, Fall Down at Your Feet, they're all mature, beautiful songs that, for me, exceed everything on Progress. Though, I have to admit, Don't Say Goodbye remains my second favorite TT song of all times. But, I've been having an u-turn as well biggrin.gif I've realized that I like Progress(ed) way better than Circus - for me, that's the worst TT album.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 7th June 2016, 01:27 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

The Circus their worst album, really! It is wonderful to see how we all view the material, i would rate the Circus as their best album with Beautiful World a close second. That said, i do know a few people who do not rate the Circus very well.

I prefer three to progress, i believe it has a good consistent sound throughout most the album, Progress had too many different styles, its an album i believe they did not really know what sound they were going for. Three as a collective piece is a much more cohesive album.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 10th June 2016, 10:25 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273

These days, Let in the sun, freeze, higher than higher, believe and amazing are my favs on III

The flood, 8 letters, kidz, don't say goodbye, beautiful, happy now, pretty things, love love and when we were young are my favs on Progress

Progress edges this for me

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 19th June 2016, 03:03 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Three seems like the Nobody else album from the first era of Take That. They both are lowest selling of each era and both have mixed opinions. For me nobody else still remains by least fave album by them despite absolutely adoring Never Forget, but the album version of that isnt a patch on the single version.

+Quote this post
milly
post 19th June 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Personally, for me, it's bewildering that Nobody Else is fans' least favorite album from the 90's. The album has some of their best songs: BFG, Nobody Else, Holding Back the Tears, Never Forget, even Sunday to Saturday. Just like I don't get the attraction of the Circus - the only song that's memorable for me from that album is Circus and maybe Hello and Hold Up a Light, to a certain extent - but when I put those songs next to the mature ones from III, I find myself surprised that III is some fans' least favorite album. In my opinion, Will You Be There for Me, Freeze, HTH, Flaws, Carry Me Home and a few others are by far superior material to anything that's on The Circus.
But I guess we all have different tastes. Which means the boys will struggle to find a middle ground for their next album:)

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 20th June 2016, 12:34 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Nobody else just never gelled for me, it has some great songs as you mentioned but it just lacked the excitement i usually have for a take that album especially as im a fan of era 1 and 2 i just was left disappointed a bit when i purchased it. I will say i still think they have yet to release a bad album that i dont like its just i prefer some albums to others.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 20th June 2016, 12:42 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Progress! Fabulous album. I go back to: 'The Flood', 'Happy Now', 'Kidz' and 'SOS' quite a lot. heart.gif

The accompanying tour was also sensational.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 20th June 2016, 08:49 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I still find nobody else very enjoyable! But I wouldn't place it ahead of any records post 2006

+Quote this post
pippa
post 20th June 2016, 02:55 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Nobody Else is a mature album and was by far their most mature of their first three albums. Nobody Else had a different sound and a sound they had aimed for the American market and that stood out. It was very different to Everything Changes. It remains a wonderful album but not as delightful as some of their other studio albums which are much superior.

+Quote this post
milly
post 20th June 2016, 03:17 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I didn't mean to imply that NE is better than their albums post 2005, I was just saying that, for me, it's their best album from the 90s. But I do like it more than the Circus, don't throw stones at me tongue.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post 20th June 2016, 04:25 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I wasn’t throwing stones if you are referring to my post. I firmly believe everyone has an opinion and is entitled to an opinion. A forum of this nature is in large about opinions. In my opinion Nobody Else is a good album in parts but at this current time is the album I enjoy the least as a whole from them.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 20th June 2016, 05:23 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

As I've said before though, I'd love to hear a remastered NE with their voices today

+Quote this post
milly
post 20th June 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(pippa @ Jun 20 2016, 07:25 PM) *
I wasn’t throwing stones if you are referring to my post. I firmly believe everyone has an opinion and is entitled to an opinion. A forum of this nature is in large about opinions. In my opinion Nobody Else is a good album in parts but at this current time is the album I enjoy the least as a whole from them.

No, no, I wasn't referring to you. I meant it in general, because I know that NE isn't very highly rated by most fans and that The Circus is. And it was meant as a joke smile.gif

+Quote this post
milly
post 20th June 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(jay727 @ Jun 20 2016, 08:23 PM) *
As I've said before though, I'd love to hear a remastered NE with their voices today

I'd give anything to hear Gary sing HBTT one more time wub.gif At least we got to hear him sing Nobody Else several times since the comeback.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 20th June 2016, 07:14 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

A re-recording of an album 20 years later could work with new arrangements. Its unlikely to happen but a nice thought.

+Quote this post
jay727
post 20th June 2016, 07:50 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

You never know! We can hope!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 21st June 2016, 01:27 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I'm not sure if I'd like that as in general re-recordings end up boring from my experience.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 08:30 AM