BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Girls Aloud • Life Got Cold, 3rd Single | 18th August 2003 | 2023: EP / 4K Video
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
-Jay-
post Aug 11 2023, 06:39 AM
Post #1
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Another lazy scan for the new EP unfortunately:

Upgraded video, I’ve only watched on my phone but it seems to look decent!

Seems like there’s no particular release date pattern for these releases… No Good Advice EP only came out 2 weeks ago, i.e. a couple of months after its 20th anniversary, and now Life Got Cold is out a week in advance of its 20th anniversary!

I know the artwork thing isn’t the end of the world but I can’t help but be bothered by the low effort to find HQ artwork. What they’ve come up with this time… not a square so they’ve added black bars… is particularly confusing considering that the digital single released a very long time ago has better quality artwork used 👀 -

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Aug 14 2023, 11:00 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
Just as the song has a new thread it got me thinking if this was their debut single would it have captured you enough to follow them as a group, for me i think i would just overlooked them, sound of the underground had that big standout feel to it and at the time it was punchy and not the typical single you would expect from a girlband, it really added excitement and left people eager to see what was next. I think if a song like life got cold was their debut they have have fallen into oh just another typical girlband type of category.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Aug 14 2023, 11:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I can’t say I agree with that. Life Got Cold doesn’t strike me as typical song for a girl group at all. As ballads go it’s very melancholic and the theme of it is about feeling directionless in life. Which is not really a typical subject matter for a pop group. Many pop ballads are about romance & love and can be schmaltzy. Life Got Cold certainly isn’t that.

It’s not really first single material in the sense of starting a career off with a bang, but in the hypothetical scenario that it was, I think it would have made people curious about them, because it’s pretty out of step with the early 2000s pop scene.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Aug 14 2023, 11:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I agree it was out of step with the early 2000s pop scene but it always strikes me as a song that would have possibly went unnoticed had it been their debut. I know thats only looking at it from the point of view as a lead single song, as a 3rd single it did do what it needed to do and it was possibly not a single people were expecting from them at that time after the style they went for on the first 2 singles.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Aug 14 2023, 11:27 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I can see why they would've thought a change of pace for the 3rd single might have been the best option for selling the album better, so I can see the logic in it.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Aug 16 2023, 09:03 AM
Post #6
Group icon

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:06 AM