BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Wonder Woman 2 • 16th (Intl) & 25th (US) Dec 2020, Kristen Wiig cast as the villain.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Mar 9 2018, 06:26 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I thought there was already a thread, but checked Movie Index and couldn't see one. So I apologise if this is a duplicated topic.

---
Patty Jenkins has confirmed that Kristen Wiig will be portraying Cheetah as Wonder Woman's big villain in the 2nd movie.

Exciting!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Regina
post Mar 9 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
Interesting casting choice, not sure I can picture it but willing to see how it plays out.

This post has been edited by Regina: Mar 9 2018, 06:58 PM

+Quote this post
Nightcrawler
post Mar 9 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #3
Group icon
All I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head.
User: 1,109
I love Kristen Wiig, but agree with Regina: this is a weird choice. Hopefully, it'll give her more chance to play a more dramatic role but I'd be surprised if they weren't creating a more light-hearted spin on the character.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Mar 9 2018, 07:26 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
I mean, Paul Rudd turned out to be a great Ant-Man so she could pull it off, but I don't want them to change the character to fit the actresses limitations.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 30 2019, 01:44 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Bumping this so I can remember to merge the topics.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Sep 19 2020, 04:21 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
Pushed back even further, release date 25th December 2020.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Nov 13 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
Getting another pushback for the summer 2021 laugh.gif

Can this topic be merged with the other thread topic. unsure.gif

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 19 2020, 01:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
They've just announced that it's being released on HBO Max in the US at no additional cost to subscribers on December 25 cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-visi...theaters-dec-25

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: Nov 19 2020, 01:05 PM

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Nov 19 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
That's awesomeeee.

Looking fwd to something this Xmas!!!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Nov 19 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
Yeah it’s a good timing as well, a lot of people will be wanting to have somethig fun go watch on Xmas eve!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post Nov 19 2020, 05:24 PM
Post #11
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88
QUOTE(diva thin muffin @ Nov 19 2020, 03:28 PM) *
Yeah it’s a good timing as well, a lot of people will be wanting to have somethig fun go watch on Xmas eve!

Not only that, it is going to keep cinemas surviving. Studios are going to have to be willing to take short term profit hits to protect the longer term viability. Although the fact that China is fully opened will probably have swayed Warner Bros on this decision.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 19 2020, 05:39 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Apparently there's talks that this is only gonna be on streaming for a month, before it's taken off and staying in cinemas.

EDIT: Oh and Internationally it's getting it's cinema release on 16th December.

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Nov 20 2020, 01:07 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I think this could potentially earn 500+ million WW and be the first movie to do that since covid!!!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Dec 27 2020, 01:37 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
ok I watched it last night and thought it was entertaining, however it's not as amazing as the first one.

I don't know if the whole 80's setup was done so cheesy and cliché or just the story line wasn't on par but I wasn't wowed as when I watched the first film!!!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 28 2020, 11:27 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I thought this was dreadful. The worst Superhero movie I've seen since, probably 'Amazing Spider-Man 2'. I'm so pissed off and annoyed. sad.gif

Nothing really happens?!?

+Quote this post
Neil
post Dec 29 2020, 06:57 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016
I thought it was a bit "meh". I really enjoyed Kristen Wiig as Barbara but all the other performances were a bit of a letdown for me. I just felt the story was so cliché and the pacing felt a bit off too. It felt like an unpolished X-men movie from the 00's if that makes any sense at all lol. Disappointing considering WW is such a great film. Nevertheless, I'm happy to hear there's a WW3 in the works.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Jan 11 2021, 03:05 PM
Post #17
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
I watched this at the cinema tonight, I wasn’t expecting much but it was entertaining and better than I thought it would be. The first 30-45 minutes are a bit slow and then the next hour feels like an Indiana Jones script but the story is great and the characters are all somewhat believable if exaggerated a bit. My main complaint (besides the usual “right place, right time” tropes in movies) is that it doesn’t feel like a superhero movie. Most of the story would have happened anyway even if WW wasn’t there I felt she only really had an impact on the story towards the end of the movie as obviously she saved everyone with her truth lasso thing. It was nice that she started to fly and gained the invisibility thing even though she only used it once, they’re building up to a more climactic and superhero-like third instalment I’m sure.

But yeah, it doesn’t feel like superhero or even a DC movie... just kinda an alternate reality Indiana Jones movie where the archeologist/whatever is actually female and is very strong laugh.gif Hats off to Kristen Wiig though she shone as a friend-turned-enemy albeit I wish the trailers hadn’t given any of it away

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 2 2021, 09:11 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
Terrible film. Bought the bluray as I couldnt get to see it at the cinema. My advice: wait till it comes on TV. Worst DC superhero film since the 80's (ironically). It's almost as if it's trying to be a light-hearted romp but the structure is all wrong, and Wonder Woman is far from being an Amazon for the first 2 hours, she's just "ooh I want a bit of happiness from my dead boyfriend occupying the body of a complete stranger with no regard for the rights of the one being occupied" which is about as far from being a morally righteous cause as you can get given the situation, not to mention putting previously mentioned in danger at every opportunity.

The first film was wonderful, it was based on an animated movie version of the same story, and essentially the script had already been polished. The animated movies are generally taut and beautifully-scripted by people who know what they are doing with the characters, the DC universe and stay faithful to the raison-d'etre. The live action films are much more "I'm doing it my way" and much more variable in quality.

Blame: The script. It says DC's Geoff Johns is involved, the man overseeing the juvenile DC TV product, and a man who failed (among many) to revamp my childhood obsessions Legion Of Super-Heroes after they were needlessly terminated in the 90's - literally ceasing to exist, so they could start from scratch with ongoing failed re-boot teams that completely missed the point about what made them special. There's also a bloke who wrote Godzilla and Zombieland, errr not exactly examples of deft characterisation. And Patty Jenkins. Who has clearly never read a Wonder Woman comic.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:25 PM