BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jesy Nelson - TBA • 1st Album, Snippet of songs on her Insta.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 28th February 2021, 10:01 AM
Post #21
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

She left the group in a very highly publicised way. So talk about people being "disappointed" and "let down" by her releasing so soon is always going to be a topic and talking point. It was for Geri, it was for Robbie, it was for Zayn and will now be (even moreso due to social media) for Jesy. So all of that I completely understand coz even to me it feels a little bit "oh. ok. sad.gif"

However, I'm not appreciating people talking about her mental health and how she should or shouldn't be dealing with it and whether or not THEY think she is ready to get back to work, when we literally know... nothing about anything when it comes to this situation and her mental health. She looks happy and healthy, which is what's the most important.

Feel disappointed and annoyed/upset all you want at how soon you think it all is, but please refrain from bringing her mental health into the discussion when we know so, SO little.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 28th February 2021, 10:05 AM
Post #22
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Feb 28 2021, 09:54 AM) *
I think it’s only natural for people to have these reactions. I’m quite concerned about the team of people she had around her who would know what reaction diving into a solo career so quickly would look like. I mean, everyone in here is a fan of Little Mix, just think what the reaction is going to be like from people who aren’t! I fear if Jesy’s mental health wasn’t in a good place in the band then it’s not going to get any better having to deal with this and without the support of the other girls.
I missed this post as I was too busy trying to word my above post (not the best with words), but essentially "THIS"!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 28th February 2021, 10:10 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Tbf her mental health has been very highly publicised too so it’s not surprising it’s a talking point. I totally appreciate the point that we don’t know what her current mental health state is but, like I said, the backlash from jumping into a solo career so quickly is growing and it’s only going to get worse when she actually releases something; I think it’s clear that this would be a lot to deal with for anyone.

As I said though, I blame the team around her. They would have know this was coming and yet they’ve not advised Jesy to keep things low-key. They’re alright, they’re not the ones that are going to have to put up with all the bullshit.

Edit: oh I’ve seen you’ve responded to my post :’)

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post 28th February 2021, 10:13 AM
Post #24
Group icon
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
User: 7,475

Her mental health everyone understands. It’s the way she’s handled it which isn’t relevant to her mental health at all!

I’m not going to say anymore on it but it’s basically two fingers up to the other girls who have always supported her, we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but publicly it feels really harsh to fans and the band.

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 28th February 2021, 10:22 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703

At the end of the day, whether it feels 'harsh' to you or not, she has to focus on what makes her happy. I do find it slightly hypocritical when people say they 'care about her mental health' but then want her to stay in a position which she has said isn't good for her mental health.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 28th February 2021, 02:21 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

I agree this isn't going to look very good on her and the press/social media could get very nasty about this potentially.

Fingers crossed everything goes well and that she has a good support bubble. I'm excited to hear what she comes up with, the snippet sounds interesting.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 28th February 2021, 04:07 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

The comments in this topic are truly shocking, and people are surprised she has left the band!

Jesy is allowed to do whatever she wants in her live, this is literally NONE of our business. She has had her reasons to leave, she has struggled in the past as we all know, and we can only respect this. Being a solo act is completely different compared to being in a pop group / pop machine. Look at Zayn; he also left 1D and went solo, but decided to do it his way with way less promo and performances. Maybe Jesy will do the same? The reactions some fans are giving now and truly distasteful and I hope Jesy never reads these. Do we remember her documentary? How she felt after reading all the nasty stuff about her, people are doing the exact same thing now without knowing ANY of the context. We literally don't know anything.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post 28th February 2021, 04:17 PM
Post #28
Group icon

QUOTE(Chemistry @ Feb 28 2021, 04:07 PM) *
The comments in this topic are truly shocking, and people are surprised she has left the band!

Jesy is allowed to do whatever she wants in her live, this is literally NONE of our business. She has had her reasons to leave, she has struggled in the past as we all know, and we can only respect this. Being a solo act is completely different compared to being in a pop group / pop machine. Look at Zayn; he also left 1D and went solo, but decided to do it his way with way less promo and performances. Maybe Jesy will do the same? The reactions some fans are giving now and truly distasteful and I hope Jesy never reads these. Do we remember her documentary? How she felt after reading all the nasty stuff about her, people are doing the exact same thing now without knowing ANY of the context. We literally don't know anything.

No ones being nasty just saying she’s being insensitive to the other girls and fans feelings by already promoting new music and teasing new music on socials!!

Less than 3 months and she’s working with producers from LM5 portraying how she’s in her happy place, it’s making a statement and called marketing!

If I were the girls I’d be fuming 9 years strong in the band where they offered nothing but support to her for then to leave ditch them on The Search etc and like 2 months after she’s in the studio working with LM5’s team.

Come on that’s so harsh to be marketing her solo work already at least have a breather and take some time out for the girls as a Trio to release something.

It’s all just marketing and it’s clear her new record deal already has her puppeteering, knowing to strike while the irons hot to get her releasing new material.

This post has been edited by Mr. C. Joel: 28th February 2021, 04:23 PM

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 28th February 2021, 04:47 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 120,499

All of this!

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 28th February 2021, 04:50 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703

I think we need to get away from this notion that Jesy "ditched" the girls or "screwed them over". We all know this must have been an extremely tough decision made over a long period of time. Yes, it may have been unfortunate timing but she did it for personal mental health and happiness. We also do not know how neither Jesy nor the girls feel about this and it's not fair to assume either.

On the topic of her solo music: I'm really confused why people think it's a "marketing stunt" - as others have said many people treat music as therapy and if it makes Jesy happy, why not?

+Quote this post
caseclosed
post 28th February 2021, 05:25 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,311

Jesy wasn’t an employee of the girls or the mixers. She didn’t owe anyone anything.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 28th February 2021, 06:37 PM
Post #32
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

100% team Jesy on this.

'Leaving' the girls would be like if she locked them out of the tourbus. She's just taking her career a different direction and if the others want to keep working together OR solo, they can.

Every year for ten years she's probably been making a different decision.

+Quote this post
Mr. C. Joel
post 28th February 2021, 08:28 PM
Post #33
Group icon

QUOTE(MrAndrewMan @ Feb 28 2021, 04:50 PM) *
I think we need to get away from this notion that Jesy "ditched" the girls or "screwed them over". We all know this must have been an extremely tough decision made over a long period of time. Yes, it may have been unfortunate timing but she did it for personal mental health and happiness. We also do not know how neither Jesy nor the girls feel about this and it's not fair to assume either.

On the topic of her solo music: I'm really confused why people think it's a "marketing stunt" - as others have said many people treat music as therapy and if it makes Jesy happy, why not?

They do but many artists including major artists keep it all private...

Jesy is actively teasing new music, including snippets alongside producers which screams management / label...

Its all so odd how she unfollowed management and most links to Little Mix instantly and somehow is recording new music already, surely given Covid too she must of signed a deal or had a deal lined up even before she left?

This post has been edited by Mr. C. Joel: 28th February 2021, 08:45 PM

+Quote this post
LMFan
post 28th February 2021, 09:27 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 948

Wouldn’t surprise me is she wanted a stint as a solo artist and it just didn’t fit with the Little Mix schedule so she left instead.

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 28th February 2021, 09:57 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Rossco @ Feb 28 2021, 09:27 PM) *
Wouldn’t surprise me is she wanted a stint as a solo artist and it just didn’t fit with the Little Mix schedule so she left instead.

I can see this as in one of their last few interviews last year she said they'd all go off and do their individual projects and get back together!

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 3rd March 2021, 08:34 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

She was back in the studio today! Exciting!

At this rate i'm scared she'll release before LM3 tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Slayer
post 3rd March 2021, 11:10 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Girl is in the studio a lot! I feel like music is coming sooner than we think!

+Quote this post
Dane
post 4th March 2021, 09:16 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,281

I feel it could definitely be in the next month we get her first single which is crazy! But I suppose like they say strike whilst the iron is hot, she’s definitely being very active posting stories and instagrams to drum up the attention.

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 4th March 2021, 10:02 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

I mean just because she’s in the studio a lot doesn’t mean we’ll get it anytime soon . Would love it if we did though .

+Quote this post
777666jason
post 8th March 2021, 06:33 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,687

Cant wait to hear whatever she releases, does feel a bit weird if she is releasing soon when her leaving was so heavily publicised and still pretty raw,

personally I would wait until the girls have released something as a trio think she could have zayn like heat, but hope I'm wrong

+Quote this post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:40 AM