BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

48 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls - 'Spiceworld 25', Spiceworld now in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Equinox8
post 7th November 2021, 11:47 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 132,865

QUOTE(Spice Girls Net @ Nov 7 2021, 06:23 PM) *
It was always going to be a no brainer that we got Spice and Spiceworld 25 and probably Forever too.

SW has the best images so I can’t wait to see what they do with it 😍

I'll be floored if we get Forever 25.

Ya hear me?

FLOORED.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 7th November 2021, 11:48 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

They can learn from spice when they do spice world and look at ways to try and get even more sales.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 8th November 2021, 12:19 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Nov 8 2021, 12:48 AM) *
They can learn from spice when they do spice world and look at ways to try and get even more sales.

+Quote this post
dancinqueen
post 8th November 2021, 10:39 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 95,682

I want Spice World to be huge. The movie should be on Netflix, they could recreate the merchandise around that era (Polaroid, lollipops, and all that stuff).. and the most important things:

Viva Forever dolls!

Also, a huge TikTok campaign with the Stop dance routine, NGUOTGT justice, Can’t stay tonight with all the girls, streaming of their concerts, and Viva Forever video original ending (because the new one really really s7cks).

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 24th May 2022, 12:03 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Mel C has said today on her live interview with New York Times Twitter that Spice25 went well and they want to make Spiceworld25 bigger and better!!

Please, girls, get it together and put out a great collection with actual rareties and actually promote the album!! Also, hopefully they will do a re-release of Spiceworld The Movie too to tie it in!!

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 24th May 2022, 05:49 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700

If we get one never before heard unreleased track, Say You'll Be There movie version and Step To Me; I'll be a happy camper. I do wonder if any remixes were commissioned for Never Give Up On The Good Times. Would be nice to get a new remix of any kind.

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 24th May 2022, 11:56 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Sideout @ May 24 2022, 05:49 PM) *
If we get one never before heard unreleased track, Say You'll Be There movie version and Step To Me; I'll be a happy camper. I do wonder if any remixes were commissioned for Never Give Up On The Good Times. Would be nice to get a new remix of any kind.

I remember reading on some forum.com.whatever that David Morales had created a remix for NGUOTGT but I'm not sure if this was ever substantiated?

I think the Live version of NGUOTGT from 1998 in Wembley was really nice -- I wouldn't mind a studio version of that. Speaking of which, I remember when they did press in Canada in 1998 as a four-piece, they mentioned in an interview that they had a Live album in the works -- not surprising since they were using Live tracks as the b-sides for the last two singles off of Spiceworld, so that would be a nice disc 2 in SPICEWORLD25 if there truly are zero b-sides left from that era.

However they end up getting released, in all honesty, once I get my ears on WOMAN, Treasure, Overnight, Go Go Go, and If Ya Do I will never ask the SG for anything again. I'll make my own 'Forever' album on my music player and call it a day for collecting SG material. cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 25th May 2022, 01:59 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Equinox8 @ May 24 2022, 04:56 PM) *
I remember reading on some forum.com.whatever that David Morales had created a remix for NGUOTGT but I'm not sure if this was ever substantiated?

I think the Live version of NGUOTGT from 1998 in Wembley was really nice -- I wouldn't mind a studio version of that. Speaking of which, I remember when they did press in Canada in 1998 as a four-piece, they mentioned in an interview that they had a Live album in the works -- not surprising since they were using Live tracks as the b-sides for the last two singles off of Spiceworld, so that would be a nice disc 2 in SPICEWORLD25 if there truly are zero b-sides left from that era.

However they end up getting released, in all honesty, once I get my ears on WOMAN, Treasure, Overnight, Go Go Go, and If Ya Do I will never ask the SG for anything again. I'll make my own 'Forever' album on my music player and call it a day for collecting SG material. cheer.gif

It would be nice to finally get that 1998 live album, but are live albums even a thing anymore? They could easily package it with Spiceworld 25 CDs. I hope there are some nice surprises with Spiceworld 25, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Spice 25 left a lot to be desired.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 26th May 2022, 12:42 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I agree, id love to see spiceworld repackaged with a live album cd and also add a few surprises on the spiceworld track listing, i think this would really make it feel worth buying, live cds have a limited audience but the same applies for the rerelease so i just think its case of making it as valuable as possible for the fans but at the end of the day for the label it will be about profit.

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 26th May 2022, 06:12 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Sideout @ May 25 2022, 01:59 AM) *
It would be nice to finally get that 1998 live album, but are live albums even a thing anymore? They could easily package it with Spiceworld 25 CDs. I hope there are some nice surprises with Spiceworld 25, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Spice 25 left a lot to be desired.

I don't think Live albums are as popular anymore, but if they continue to milk that nostalgia vibe, then I think a Live album could fit into that line of thinking.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 26th May 2022, 06:42 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I mean, I would LOVE a live album. Some acts has recently done some (hello Ariana!!) and it would be perfect for them, consolidating them as a touring force.

September 2022: Announcement of 2023 tour, tickets go on sale immediately

November 2022:
Spiceworld25 release slipcase CD, Vinyl and Cassette. Release promo would include full on promo from the girls themselves, and the tracklists are full of demos and unreleased songs

December 2022:

1. One weekend-only special re-release of Spiceworld The Movie in cinemas across the UK, some EU cities such as Lisbon, Berlin, Barcelona, Rome and Athens.

2. Release Spiceworld The Movie on Netflix and Blu-Ray (including Behind the Scenes and the infamous deleted dinner scene and performance of Mama at the Royal Court as bonus)

September 2023 - Re-release Spiceworld Wembley Tour Blu-Ray, as well making it available on streaming

December 2023 - Special Christmas #1 Vinyl & streaming release, inc 2 Become 1, Too Much & Goodbye on one side, and 3 new exclusive remixes of their christmas classics, with more Christmas-sounds added to them.

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 31st May 2022, 09:45 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

I wonder if we'll get Step To Me on streaming platforms at the end of July. Would be a great way to kick off the Spiceworld 25 campaign.

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 31st May 2022, 10:04 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Sideout @ May 31 2022, 09:45 PM) *
I wonder if we'll get Step To Me on streaming platforms at the end of July. Would be a great way to kick off the Spiceworld 25 campaign.

The first time I ever heard Step To Me was in the Instanbul concert when it aired on TV the first time. That rock guitar riff and rap from Mel B completely hooked me in. I was sooooooo disappointed when it wasn't on the Spiceworld album at the time. In hindsight, I think it fits better on Spice but since it didn't show up on SPICE25, I surmise it will make an appearance on SW25.

This post has been edited by Equinox8: 31st May 2022, 10:04 PM

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 31st May 2022, 10:19 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Equinox8 @ May 31 2022, 03:04 PM) *
The first time I ever heard Step To Me was in the Instanbul concert when it aired on TV the first time. That rock guitar riff and rap from Mel B completely hooked me in. I was sooooooo disappointed when it wasn't on the Spiceworld album at the time. In hindsight, I think it fits better on Spice but since it didn't show up on SPICE25, I surmise it will make an appearance on SW25.

Same here. I remember watching that concert on Fox Kids channel. I was so disappointed that Step To Me wasn't on Spiceworld. Their performance of the song on TGIF Friday in May 1998 is really great. The girls sound fantastic with a more rock sound.

I believe the group had much more to offer, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 31st May 2022, 11:02 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Sideout @ May 31 2022, 10:19 PM) *
Same here. I remember watching that concert on Fox Kids channel. I was so disappointed that Step To Me wasn't on Spiceworld. Their performance of the song on TGIF Friday in May 1998 is really great. The girls sound fantastic with a more rock sound.

I believe the group had much more to offer, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

They really did great in Step To Me performances. Both Istanbul and the TGIFriday show performances are some of their best.

I loved that they experimented a little bit with rock in this and also Pain Proof at the time and I wish they would had gone deeper into that for Forever. A mix of pop, rock and r'nB album would have been incredible in 1999!!!

+Quote this post
Sideout
post 1st June 2022, 01:25 AM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Mr.X @ May 31 2022, 04:02 PM) *
They really did great in Step To Me performances. Both Istanbul and the TGIFriday show performances are some of their best.

I loved that they experimented a little bit with rock in this and also Pain Proof at the time and I wish they would had gone deeper into that for Forever. A mix of pop, rock and r'nB album would have been incredible in 1999!!!

Pain Proof is great. It's the closet thing they have to a rock song. I agree with what you said about Forever should have had different genres on it. Forever comes across as bland because all the songs sound the same.

+Quote this post
Equinox8
post 1st June 2022, 02:33 AM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Sideout @ Jun 1 2022, 01:25 AM) *
Pain Proof is great. It's the closet thing they have to a rock song. I agree with what you said about Forever should have had different genres on it. Forever comes across as bland because all the songs sound the same.

Especially the stretch of tracks 4,5,6 -- ooof. I remember the first time I played Forever from start to finish and when Mel B's rap came on in Weekend Love -- it reinvigorated the album for me because it brought some SPICE to it.

I also think If You Wanna Have Some Fun would have made a great single. Super smooth, a little racy, and stands strong on the record with Holler in terms of the RnB piece.

As much as I love Goodbye, in my opinion, it sticks out like a sore thumb on Forever because it sounds like The Spice Girls that we wanted them to be.

+Quote this post
Babyboy
post 1st June 2022, 08:42 AM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,611

Forever lacks of personality. The production is too American and patinate. Hot has the same problem.
The sound of every song is too similar but vocally they were on top.

This post has been edited by Babyboy: 1st June 2022, 08:46 AM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 10th June 2022, 01:17 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I agree about Forever and i think the big thing i found it misses was the fun element which was really evident in the first 2 albums.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th June 2022, 12:00 PM
Post #40
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

This time last year the 'Spice 25' era was technically already under way with the announcement of 'Wannabe 25'. However the album itself wasn't confirmed until 31st August. I wonder if they'll announce 'Spiceworld 25' any earlier or if they'll go with the same sort of schedule. I'm feeling impatient! cool2.gif

It'll be interesting to see if the artwork gets an overhaul like Spice did with Spice 25. For the most part we've seen different versions of the 'Spice' era font over the years... but I don't believe we've ever had a reimagining of the 'Spiceworld' era font?

+Quote this post

48 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 08:27 AM