BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spotify: Most streamed Spice Girls songs, Updated for 2023 on page 6!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
sammy01
post 3rd January 2024, 12:38 PM
Post #121
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I think Ladybaby has killed the 'specialness' of being Christmas number 1. Having 5 in a row and them all being pretty awful I think has put people off listening to those Christmas number 1 playlist or the TV music channels playing Christmas number 1 count downs as much.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Buzzz
post 3rd January 2024, 12:46 PM
Post #122
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 173,178

Thanks for doing this, Jay. It's much appreciated!

Wannabe is so MASSIVE that just in the past year it has been streamed more times than Stop has in its entire lifetime. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 3rd January 2024, 12:57 PM
Post #123
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Jan 3 2024, 01:38 PM) *
I think Ladybaby has killed the 'specialness' of being Christmas number 1. Having 5 in a row and them all being pretty awful I think has put people off listening to those Christmas number 1 playlist or the TV music channels playing Christmas number 1 count downs as much.

Unfortunately I can see why to be honest... Not just Ladbaby crap, but for like 10years in a row it was mainly cheap and awful X-Factor winners singles which got to #1 blink.gif The specialness of the Christmas #1 battle has decreased since then as it started to revolve all around a TV show rather than the music and the season itself.

Not that it was ever about the quality of the music, mind you, but genuinely seemed like there was more ballance before.

The girls should absolutely release an EP with Christmas mixes of their Xmas #1 songs, which would then bring them back to the conversation and improve their placing in playlists, imo!

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 3rd January 2024, 01:28 PM
Post #124
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

I think we often over look just how big Wannabe is, it is the 3rd biggest streamed 90s song on Spotify by UK artists behind Oasis Wonderwall and Radiohead Creep.

In terms of 90s UK music, UK and WW girl groups it is about as big as you can get.

Work from home by Fifth Harmony has more streams than Wannabe but Wannabe out streams it daily now by about 250k streams.

It is an absolute monster of a song.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 3rd January 2024, 01:58 PM
Post #125
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

I think if we could go back in tim3 and so it all again, Spicey Ladies wouls need another song or two likeWannabe, so do 3 of those with that intro style with Biff, to have 3 huge streaming signature hits

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 3rd January 2024, 02:37 PM
Post #126
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Jan 3 2024, 02:28 PM) *
I think we often over look just how big Wannabe is, it is the 3rd biggest streamed 90s song on Spotify by UK artists behind Oasis Wonderwall and Radiohead Creep.

In terms of 90s UK music, UK and WW girl groups it is about as big as you can get.

Work from home by Fifth Harmony has more streams than Wannabe but Wannabe out streams it daily now by about 250k streams.

It is an absolute monster of a song.

This is very true, it is massive! And rightly so. I just wish there was just as much focus on some of the other singles as well. For artists of their caliber and success, they really should be better streamed overall. Destiny's Child, Britney, Oasis, Madonna all have multiple songs much better streamed than they do. It really sucks and I hope they get to turn that around with proper focus on their catalogue one day!

This post has been edited by Mr.X: 3rd January 2024, 02:41 PM

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 4th January 2024, 07:50 PM
Post #127
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Jan 3 2024, 02:37 PM) *
This is very true, it is massive! And rightly so. I just wish there was just as much focus on some of the other singles as well. For artists of their caliber and success, they really should be better streamed overall. Destiny's Child, Britney, Oasis, Madonna all have multiple songs much better streamed than they do. It really sucks and I hope they get to turn that around with proper focus on their catalogue one day!

It's just they were never that big anyway and only had two albums, plus one double a side.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 12:39 PM