BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Can 'Bitch I'm Madonna' save the era?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post 16th June 2015, 04:11 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

Why does she need to be dignified?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Griff
post 16th June 2015, 04:13 PM
Post #22

Because it would inevitably create a lot more goodwill for herself than the shtick she has been peddling for the last seven years at least.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 16th June 2015, 04:27 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

She's never really been dignified though, she's just...Madonna.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 16th June 2015, 04:59 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

I think dignity hasn't been an issue for her so much until the last few years because of age. There is still a generally perceived notion that older people females should act with more dignity and cover up more. I don't totally agree with it because it's largely based on sexism (old men are FINE having a bevy of PTY's hanging off their arms) and ageism, but I do think if she dropped the trying to act like her daughter routine it would be a lot EASIER and more LIKELY for her to find success.

+Quote this post
Umi
post 16th June 2015, 05:31 PM
Post #25
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659

I really don't understand how Rita Ora gets her name attached to literally (not literally) everything. Wasn't she in 'Bad Blood' too, or did I dream that? You'd swear she'd actually done anything of note outside of the UK.

Like it's not a case of "how is she getting these opportunities?" even, I just cannot comprehend why Madonna (or anyone not from Britain) would think "yes, this is a person that will make me more relevant".

+Quote this post
jark
post 16th June 2015, 05:36 PM
Post #26
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

I'm pretty sure she's not chasing commercial success at this point. She's savvy. She knows where she sits in the pop spectrum. She's just releasing the songs she likes and keeping her visibility up with ticket sales in mind.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 16th June 2015, 05:52 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(jark @ Jun 16 2015, 06:36 PM) *
I'm pretty sure she's not chasing commercial success at this point. She's savvy. She knows where she sits in the pop spectrum. She's just releasing the songs she likes and keeping her visibility up with ticket sales in mind.

This is kind of what I think too. I don't think Madonna's ever done something for the sole sake of getting success. Not saying that's not part of the reason (it's pretty obvious that having a star-studded line-up for a video is going to gain attention) but I think it's always something she wants to do. She's made it clear that this song is one of her favourites on her album, is one of Diplo's favourites and is her children's favourite. She's explained the meaning of the song being to do with being a strong individual so the video is clearly going to reflect that by choosing strong females in pop.

The media like to make out she only does things for attention and success and show that in a negative light, but she's always been truthfully passionate in the things she does.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:31 AM