BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Radio 1 Playlist (22/01/21), Typhoons, tears and goosebumps
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mangø
post Jan 22 2021, 10:13 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151
A List
^ Ariana Grande [* / feat. Doja Cat & Megan Thee Stallion] - 34+35 / [Remix] [C-B-[A]]
^ Arlo Parks - Caroline [C-B-B-A]
Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am [A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A] [Longest Runner]
^ CamelPhat feat. LOWES - Easier [C-B-B-B-B-B-A]
CJ - Whoopty [C-B-B-B-A-A-A]
Disclosure & Kelis - Watch Your Step [C-B-B-A-A-A-A-A-A]
Ed Sheeran - Afterglow [A-A-A-A]
Eric Prydz - NOPUS [C-B-B-B-A-A-A]
High Contrast feat. LOWES - Rhythm Is Changing [C-B-B-A-A-A-A-A-A]
Justin Bieber - Anyone [A-A-A]
Miley Cyrus feat. Dua Lipa - Prisoner [A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A]
^^ Olivia Rodrigo - Drivers License [C-A]
Pa Salieu feat. Mahalia - Energy [C-B-B-B-A-A]
Shane Codd - Get Out My Head [C-B-B-A-A-A-A-A]
Taylor Swift - Willow [A-A-A-A]

B List
Berwyn - VINYL [C-C-B-B]
Bicep - Apricots [C-B-B-B-B-B-B-B]
Biig Piig - Feels Right [C-C-C-B-B-B]
^ Declan McKenna - Rapture [C-C-C-B]
^ Foo Fighters - Waiting On A War [C-B]
James Vincent McMorrow - Gone [C-C-B-B-B]
^ Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club [C-B]
Louie Vega & The Martinez Brothers feat. Marc E. Bassy - Let It Go [C-C-B-B-B]
Nathan Dawe x Little Mix - No Time For Tears [C-B-B-B-B-B-B]
RAYE & Rudimental - Regardless [C-B-B-B-B]
^ Slowthai feat. A$AP Rocky - MAZZA [C-B]
^ SZA - Good Days [C-B]
The Kid Laroi - Without You [C-B-B]
You Me At Six - SUCKAPUNCH [C-C-B-B]
Young T & Bugsey - New Shape [C-B-B-B-B]

C List
* Anne-Marie, KSI & Digital Farm Animals - Don't Play [C]
* Bugzy Malone & Chip - Notorious [C]
* Celeste - Love Is Back [C]
Enny feat. Jorja Smith - Peng Black Girls [Remix] [C-C]
Hope Tala - All My Girls Like To Fight [C-C-C-C-C]
James Hype feat. HARLEE - Afraid [C-C-C]
* Pale Waves - Easy [C]
Rina Sawayama - Lucid [C-C-C]
* Royal Blood - Typhoons [C]
* The Weeknd - Save Your Tears [C]
* Tiësto - The Business [C]
* Travis Scott & HVME - Goosebumps [Remix] [C]

BBC Introducing
Raissa - GO FAST BABY

Tune Of The Weekend
Riton x Nightcrawlers feat. Mufasa & Hypeman - Friday [Dopamine Re-Edit]

OUT
24kGoldn feat. DaBaby - Coco [C-B-B-B-B]
Greentea Peng - Hu Man [C-C-C-C]
Holly Humberstone - Vanilla [C-C-B-B-B-B]
Lil Nas X - Holiday [A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A]
Loski & Stormzy - Flavour [C-B-B-B-B-A-A-A]
MEDUZA feat. Dermot Kennedy - Paradise [C-B-B-A-A-A-A-A-A-A]
Shawn Mendes & Justin Bieber - Monster [A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A]
Tom Everett - Patti [C-C-C-C-C]

You can view the Radio 1 Playlist archive here.

This post has been edited by Mangø: Jan 22 2021, 10:21 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mangø
post Jan 22 2021, 10:15 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Sad to see 'Coco' not make the A-list sad.gif Strange decision to move Camelphat up to the A-list after 5 weeks on the B-list. It's not as if it's doing anything in the charts?

Still no Harry Styles when R2 added it a week ago. I wonder if they're gonna snub it? I did wonder if it's not an "official" single but then R2 wouldn't have playlisted it so who knows.

Good to see Declan finally move up, really hope 'Rapture' is A-listed eventually. 'Easy' is a great song from Pale Waves but I was hoping 'She's My Religion' would be the one getting the single push. New Royal Blood is very instant sounding so good to see it get an insta-add. Where's Kings Of Leon though and London Grammar and Tom Grennan?

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Jan 22 2021, 10:18 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
Ugh, so Lucid isn’t moving beyond C-List. Frustrating.

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jan 22 2021, 10:18 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Yesss 'Save Your Tears' wub.gif happy about a lot of the movement on the playlist this week too!

+Quote this post
Mangø
post Jan 22 2021, 10:21 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Can a mod delete the duplicate playlist post please? Not sure what happened, Buzzjack was having issues this morning.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post Jan 22 2021, 10:24 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665
good adds this week

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 22 2021, 10:26 AM
Post #7
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Glad Olivia's moved up to A and Anne-Marie's been added! Hopefully Laroi can make the A list next week.

+Quote this post
Dan17F1
post Jan 22 2021, 10:49 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 35,239
Very pleased with that update - nice to see lots of movement and a fresher playlist. Really like the adds for Bugzy Malone, Pale Waves, Tiesto and the Weeknd this week. Also very happy to see Riton as Tune of the Weekend, hopefully that’s looking good for playlisting next week!

Surprised not to see Harry Styles on there yet, I wonder if they’ll playlist it at all? Also thought that they might have added Tom Grennan by now but there’s still time for that.

Finally, very surprised but happy to see Bicep get an 8th week on the playlist. There aren’t many songs that get 8 weeks on the playlist but get stuck on the B list are there?

+Quote this post
roz061
post Jan 22 2021, 10:51 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 22,427
Great adds for Royal Blood, The Weeknd and Pale Waves. Also happy to see Declan, Lana and SZA moving up to the B list. This is the freshest the playlist has looked for a long time!

+Quote this post
coi
post Jan 22 2021, 10:53 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 73,240
This has to be the best playlist update in years! Drivers License moved straight up from C to A, and both Save Your Tears and The Business FINALLY added to the playlist wub.gif

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Jan 22 2021, 11:00 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Nice new adds, for some reason I thought ‘Save Your Tears’ had already been added before Xmas as I’ve been playing it a lot but glad to see it added eventually. Also finally adding Tiesto and great that Pale Waves have support although I’ve went with ‘She’s My Religion’ on my PC. Also as Bre suggested last week Olivia up from C-A.

Surprised they haven’t moved onto ‘Saku’ instead of 8 weeks for ‘Apricots’. Also surprised You Me at 6 wasn’t A Listed since it’s heading to number one this week.

Harry will likely be playlisted soon as he was someone’s record of the week in January!

+Quote this post
Mangø
post Jan 22 2021, 11:57 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Dan17F1 @ Jan 22 2021, 10:49 AM) *
Finally, very surprised but happy to see Bicep get an 8th week on the playlist. There aren’t many songs that get 8 weeks on the playlist but get stuck on the B list are there?

Since I started tracking the playlist in 2012, 10 songs have managed 8+ weeks without reaching the A-list. Four of those managed 9 weeks but I can't see Bicep joining them.

QUOTE(steve201 @ Jan 22 2021, 11:00 AM) *
Nice new adds, for some reason I thought ‘Save Your Tears’ had already been added before Xmas as I’ve been playing it a lot but glad to see it added eventually. Also finally adding Tiesto and great that Pale Waves have support although I’ve went with ‘She’s My Religion’ on my PC. Also as Bre suggested last week Olivia up from C-A.

You quite often seem to get your own playlist muddled up with R1's playlist don't you? laugh.gif but I'm with you on 'She's My Religion', I wish that had got the single push as it's the best thing they've released.

+Quote this post
Dan17F1
post Jan 22 2021, 12:36 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 35,239
Radio 2 also playlisted ‘Save Your Tears’ quite a while ago, maybe November/December which you may also be getting confused with! 😂

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Jan 22 2021, 01:50 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
QUOTE(Mangø @ Jan 22 2021, 11:57 AM) *
Since I started tracking the playlist in 2012, 10 songs have managed 8+ weeks without reaching the A-list. Four of those managed 9 weeks but I can't see Bicep joining them.
You quite often seem to get your own playlist muddled up with R1's playlist don't you? laugh.gif but I'm with you on 'She's My Religion', I wish that had got the single push as it's the best thing they've released.

laugh.gif Yeh I don’t listen to radio 1 much usually radio 2 casually so my on the go list is songs I’ve chosen as next singles albeit following closely with official releases!

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jan 22 2021, 01:52 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
Happy to see Olivia moving C-A as I predicted last week! Arlo Parks and CamelPhat are good moves to the A-List as well (feels nice to actually be caring about Arlo Parks for once), not yet heard the remix of '34+35' but I am hoping I'll like it more than the original. Good moves to the B-List for Declan, slowthai and SZA as well. Yesss for 'Save Your Tears' being added now <3 and happy to see Celeste added too, unpopular opinion but I think this is my favourite song from her to date.

Poor HVME, the industry seems to have been very quick to move on to crediting this as just a Travis Scott remix rather than his song laugh.gif (not that I'm not happy to see Travis getting the credit for it of course).

+Quote this post
Steve201
post Jan 22 2021, 03:44 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
QUOTE(Bré @ Jan 22 2021, 01:52 PM) *
Happy to see Olivia moving C-A as I predicted last week! Arlo Parks and CamelPhat are good moves to the A-List as well (feels nice to actually be caring about Arlo Parks for once), not yet heard the remix of '34+35' but I am hoping I'll like it more than the original. Good moves to the B-List for Declan, slowthai and SZA as well. Yesss for 'Save Your Tears' being added now <3 and happy to see Celeste added too, unpopular opinion but I think this is my favourite song from her to date.

Poor HVME, the industry seems to have been very quick to move on to crediting this as just a Travis Scott remix rather than his song laugh.gif (not that I'm not happy to see Travis getting the credit for it of course).

Yeh the new Celeste track is fantastic, glad the albums out next Friday now. Probably my second fav of hers after 'Stop This Flame'.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Jan 22 2021, 06:53 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585
QUOTE(Bré @ Jan 22 2021, 01:52 PM) *

It's actually a different version to the one that's charting with Travis' unaltered vocal instead.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Jan 22 2021, 07:31 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
QUOTE(lewistgreen @ Jan 22 2021, 06:53 PM) *
It's actually a different version to the one that's charting with Travis' unaltered vocal instead.

I know, that's what I mean. They released a new version and now the industry is pretending that was what it was always meant to be.

(though having said that, the OCC apparently went back to only crediting it to HVME)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jan 22 2021, 07:36 PM
Post #19
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
QUOTE(Bré @ Jan 22 2021, 07:31 PM) *
I know, that's what I mean. They released a new version and now the industry is pretending that was what it was always meant to be.

(though having said that, the OCC apparently went back to only crediting it to HVME)

It's flipped back to Travis & HVME on the main chart but just HVME on sales and audio streams (it's not charting on video streams) - even the OCC don't seem to know what to do with it tearsmile.gif

+Quote this post
HiyaLuv!
post Jan 23 2021, 02:11 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 29,031
Genuine question: does anyone know why Radio 1 come to decisions like binning off Muse, The Killers, Jessie Ware, Gorillaz, Prodigy etc etc etc whilst the Foos just go on and on and on and on indefinitely? I like the Foo Fighters and have since I was 12 (I'm 38 now) and I'm into this new single, it's just that these choices seem inconsistent. Surely no-one in the world thinks Waiting on a War sounds more youth-friendly than Timebomb Zone and Momentary Bliss, for instance.

This post has been edited by HiyaLuv!: Jan 23 2021, 02:15 AM

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:05 AM