BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Disney & FOX Studios.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 14th December 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

According to Sky News:

"21st Century Fox have agreed to sell it's film and television assets to the Walt Disney Company in a deal worth $52.4bn"

OH MY.

BRING ON THE FINAL INSTALLMENT OF INFINITY WAR ����������

Although I doubt that will be when we see the likes of X-Men considering that Avengers 3 & 4 were filmed back to back haha. But still...

Eek at them getting Deadpool though... I wonder how he will be interjected?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 14th December 2017, 01:29 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Hmmm I of course love Disney but they need to stop, this monopoly that they’re building is becoming worrying.

+Quote this post
post 14th December 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I hope they leave Deadpool in a seperate universe.

Also what is done with Quicksilver? He's already dead in MCU....

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 14th December 2017, 02:02 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Tbh, I wasn't too big a fan of Deadpool. I wanted to like it more than I actually did. I enjoyed it, but it felt a bit incoherent to me and was a bit too much of a mish mash in places. I wanted to like it much more than I eventually did. But, Ryan is absolutely perfect as D-Pool. I love the character so much, so I'm hoping they leave D-Pool in good hands. I'd like to see him alongside those in the MCU though, coz we don't NEED to see too much of him if there are already loads of characters.

But I noticed in Spider-Man HC that they're getting away with a bit more swearing for a 12 certificate. So who knows.

Edit: plus they can reboot the Wolverine character themselves. Hugh will always be number 1, but I think it takes the pressure off them a bit more as people will see it "as a fresh start".

+Quote this post
post 14th December 2017, 02:30 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I think Deadpool is overrated too Jonjo!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 14th December 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #6
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

To be honest I don't think much will change in the short term - certainly not one huge cross-over movie yet at least. The FOX brand will still stand (I suspect this is what will be used for the likes of Deadpool etc.) whilst other IP will trade under Disney (I suspect that will include X-Men and Fantastic Four & Avatar). While the Alien/Predator movies will fall under FOX.

I think this is more important for when Disney branch out to have their own streaming service, they have an immense about of IP under their control now to really rival Netflix.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 14th December 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #7
Group icon

Yeah. I agree. Such a huge and smart move on both of them. The CEO of Disney has said "Deadpool will stay Rated R". But I imagine it'll be what you said. Certain franchises falling under FOX whilst Disney trade X-Men, Fantastic 4 and Avatar)

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 14th December 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #8
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

And The Simpsons (now itself owned by them oops), predicted it again two decades ago magic.gif

I mean I'd love a crossover and I'm sure they'll do amazing as they've proven to have done so, but Disney's domination of everything is becoming just a bit too much (and given their current situation, Sky itself could be next).

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 14th December 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

ffs Disney really need to stop, if they turn the X-Men movies into the same old MCU stuff (which isn't by any means bad, but I want a variety instead of the same old comedy superhero films which even the DCEU are turning into now...) I'm gonna be triggered

+Quote this post
Silas
post 14th December 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

For us it means that Sky comes under Disney rather than Murdoch which is a bit of a blessing.

Given that it gives Disney majority ownership of Hulu and the sheer weight of content it would have from the studios involved, i wonder if their plan here is to take Hulu global in the way that Netflix have done. Lovefilm became Amazon Prime Video and Disney would now pick up Now TV as part of Sky that it could use to assist its expansion. Could be a great thing for us as end consumers in terms of getting access to quality programming and movies not currently available to us.

Surely the X-Men rights would revert to Marvel rather than Disney? Disney have somewhat left Marvel to do it’s own thing as it’s bringing in f*** loads of cash

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:57 AM