BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing right now?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cody Scobell
post Jan 18 2018, 04:27 AM
Post #21
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(CodyOfTheWoods @ Jan 6 2018, 10:41 AM) *
Probably gonna get back into my normal DDR routine soon.
oh yeah I forgot to share this

Those BPM changes in the middle were HELL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jacob-
post Jan 18 2018, 05:35 PM
Post #22
Jacob Alan~
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,664
   No Gallery Pics

Another Paradox game, Crusader Kings II!

I started off as a count in Aargua in the Holy Roman Empire, plotted and schemed to take the county of upper Burgundy and as the same countess achieved that aim. I deposed most of the other counts so I could rule directly myself AND after crusading against muslim invaders in Sicily the pope make me Queen of Sicily! Unfortunately I had gavelkind succession so my next character lost half his titles to stupid siblings and then he died in battle after only a couple of years (he was amazing as well) so I'm now his daughter. The territory I own is so messy rn because I have a couple of counties in Eastern and Northern Germany through grants from the Emperor and dodgey inheritance. as well as (obvs) parts of Sicily.

If you don't play the game that will all seem like nonsense soz.

ETA: Oh yeah and my current character's cruel, nihilistic, a drunkard, a lunatic, a glutton and a kinslayer (had to kill off a couple of sisters because they had counties I wanted) so no one likes her much sadly.

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 18 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #23
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jacob~ @ Jan 18 2018, 05:35 PM) *
ETA: Oh yeah and my current character's cruel, nihilistic, a drunkard, a lunatic, a glutton and a kinslayer (had to kill off a couple of sisters because they had counties I wanted) so no one likes her much sadly.

Every other character I play is like that before I realise it's a lot more fun playing someone who everyone likes... while being a Littlefinger on the side, can't stop the plotting and the murders for anything.

though the events you get as a lunatic are incredible

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Jan 23 2018, 09:15 PM
Post #24
   No Gallery Pics

I am in the middle of an intense war with the Ottomans as Byzantium. It's not quite a war for survival, I've already beaten them in one war but they've come back for round 2 sad.gif

I'm on a Roman theme as I've also got quite the interesting Roman Civ 5 game going on right now. Best nation state.

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Jan 29 2018, 05:18 PM
Post #25
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

8 Ball Pool on Facebook. Just started

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 2 2018, 06:05 PM
Post #26
   No Gallery Pics

Just finished the second chapter of Higurashi. WHAT A VN so far, and I've still got several chapters to go. It's the perfect horror/mystery game/story I feel I was waiting to get into. So many things that caught me off guard even though I thought I knew the deal from the first one.

also I want to make a statement that Mion is best girl forever and ever and no one will ever dissuade me from that view.

+Quote Post
Anita Hanjaab
post Feb 2 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #27
Buffy/Charmed
Member No.: 18,639
   No Gallery Pics

The new South Park - really funny and much better than the first.

+Quote Post
Dircadirca
post Feb 2 2018, 07:38 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 19,614
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz @ Feb 3 2018, 02:05 AM) *
Just finished the second chapter of Higurashi. WHAT A VN so far, and I've still got several chapters to go. It's the perfect horror/mystery game/story I feel I was waiting to get into. So many things that caught me off guard even though I thought I knew the deal from the first one.

also I want to make a statement that Mion is best girl forever and ever and no one will ever dissuade me from that view.

Mion really stood out for me from the beginning because she has some of the best idiosyncrasies, as well as probably the most range of emotions, from confident, to snarky, to flustered, to...the end of that chapter. I only don't want to close the book on things because I'm still waiting on the rest of the chapters to come out and I feel there's more to the rest of the cast I haven't seen yet. I've also recently watched the first 2 chapters of the anime and I really like how hyperactive and fun Rena is in a lot of scenes, something they can't really relay through the VNs. Still, enjoy the easy 100%'s :^) although the next chapter is not an easy read at all ph34r.gif

In a related sense I've read the first 2 chapters of Umineko and about to get stuck into the 3rd one. Similar format to Higurashi though taken at a wildly different approach.

This post has been edited by Dircadirca: Feb 2 2018, 07:40 PM

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 2 2018, 09:11 PM
Post #29
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Dircadirca @ Feb 2 2018, 07:38 PM) *
Mion really stood out for me from the beginning because she has some of the best idiosyncrasies, as well as probably the most range of emotions, from confident, to snarky, to flustered, to...the end of that chapter. I only don't want to close the book on things because I'm still waiting on the rest of the chapters to come out and I feel there's more to the rest of the cast I haven't seen yet. I've also recently watched the first 2 chapters of the anime and I really like how hyperactive and fun Rena is in a lot of scenes, something they can't really relay through the VNs. Still, enjoy the easy 100%'s :^) although the next chapter is not an easy read at all ph34r.gif

In a related sense I've read the first 2 chapters of Umineko and about to get stuck into the 3rd one. Similar format to Higurashi though taken at a wildly different approach.

Exactly, I love her competitive, leaderlike attitude and she feels the deepest character of them all. Although I feel like I've just read her 'focus' chapter so that's probably skewed a bit that way. I could definitely go with Rika in other options, she's adorable, and Rena's been surprisingly good lately, wasn't keen on her at first (like you say, she's better in the anime) but she really sold it towards the end of this chapter. I mean, I doubt any of them will get ahead of Mion because she's too perfect but maybe?

I started them because they looked like easy 100%s ahaha, and well, they are but I got a lot more out of that deal than I was expecting <3

I shall have to get on Umineko afterwards because I'm in love with this format.

+Quote Post
Dircadirca
post Feb 3 2018, 03:38 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 19,614
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz @ Feb 3 2018, 05:11 AM) *
Exactly, I love her competitive, leaderlike attitude and she feels the deepest character of them all. Although I feel like I've just read her 'focus' chapter so that's probably skewed a bit that way. I could definitely go with Rika in other options, she's adorable, and Rena's been surprisingly good lately, wasn't keen on her at first (like you say, she's better in the anime) but she really sold it towards the end of this chapter. I mean, I doubt any of them will get ahead of Mion because she's too perfect but maybe?

I started them because they looked like easy 100%s ahaha, and well, they are but I got a lot more out of that deal than I was expecting <3

I shall have to get on Umineko afterwards because I'm in love with this format.

Yeah, it's hard to get a good read on Rena through just Onikakushi because she's so prominently the 'antagonist' then, so it's like a whole different side of things. But still since the only answer arc I've been able to read thus far is the companion to Watanagashi, I feel like Keiichi, Mion (and Shion) are the only characters I really know well. Rena & Rika are really mysterious and I find myself constantly suspicious of Takano & Oishi. But either way, Mion is forever schooling everyone at club activities which is most important.

Umineko is really interesting because on the surface, it's a very standard murder mystery setting, but it dives into a lot of meta territory and feels like it's actively testing the reader to solve it. Cast dynamic is also very different to Higurashi as it's centered around 3 generations of family in an inheritance dispute, as many motives as there are corpses.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post Feb 3 2018, 04:15 PM
Post #31
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
Member No.: 15,367

Downloaded the Batman Telltale game to play soon whilst it’s still free, then next week I’m going to download Knack as that is free. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Feb 7 2018, 12:40 AM
Post #32
   No Gallery Pics

So a couple years ago I could only barely pass this song and now I’ve got a full combo cheer.gif

planning to go to some arcade in carlsbad to play DDR A as well

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 7 2018, 02:27 PM
Post #33
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Finally blitzing through GTA V, had it ages and didn't get that far but I'm proper into it now. It does take a while to do some missions because it's so fun doing simple stuff and I've gotten into putting the super jump cheat on and just leaping across the map, even that is just too fun laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 8 2018, 01:34 AM
Post #34
rip in peace Dickston
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I haven’t played GTA in years! ohmy.gif

I bought the $12 Humble Bundle for Civilization 6 & 2 DLC’s a couple of weeks ago so I’ve been on & off playing that, taking over the world usually by domination. It’s the most exciting win, really, although I have had Religious & Science Victories against the AI (which is less fun by definition tongue.gif). Civ 6 has had a lot of flack for basically not being Civ 5 as quite a few features from Civ 5 vanished in Civ 6, essentially the same issue many people had with the release of The Sims 4 after the brilliance of Sims 3 - but the producers have steadily worked their back up to the point where Sims 4 isn’t too far behind Sims 3 in terms of content and quality. With the Rise & Fall expansion coming soon, I hope Civ 6 will improve also - if not I’ll stay play laugh.gif I love it

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 8 2018, 07:41 AM
Post #35
   No Gallery Pics

Someone else getting into Civ 6 biggrin.gif

I've been really enjoying that although I'm still playing Civ 5 as well so I haven't got myself a win yet. I wouldn't actually call it a Sims 3 to 4 type deal at all, lest we forget, at this point in Civ 5's development cycle, they still didn't have any form of RELIGION, something that should be sort of basic to a Civ game, although of course they turned that around. The way 6 is going, I bet it'll be regarded similarly or better to 5 by the time the second expansion after Rise & Fall comes out.

But no, I find Civ 6 really quite engaging and different with a lot of new stuff I haven't quite figured out how to master. Then, because I know 5 pretty much inside out, there's very little there that seems new to me and pretty much all of the parts I care about are in Civ 6.

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 8 2018, 08:11 AM
Post #36
rip in peace Dickston
   No Gallery Pics

That’s a fair point I forgot to mention, I didn’t actually get Civ 5 until just before Civ 6 was released and I got both expansions along with it - so I’ve only ever known the finished product of Civ 5 so my opinion is a bit uneducated tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 8 2018, 04:01 PM
Post #37
   No Gallery Pics

Oh to be fair I only ever played the original Civ 5 a couple of times myself, it was horrendous and kept me on Civ 4 until the Complete Edition with Gods & Kings and Brave New World came out - which is always the best way to do it with Civ, although getting this Humble Bundle (as I did) isn't a bad way to start either.

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Feb 9 2018, 02:12 AM
Post #38
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(CodyOfTheWoods @ Feb 6 2018, 04:40 PM) *
planning to go to some arcade in carlsbad to play DDR A as well
it happened and it was glorious

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Feb 12 2018, 03:44 AM
Post #39
rip in peace Dickston
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Iz @ Feb 9 2018, 12:01 AM) *
Oh to be fair I only ever played the original Civ 5 a couple of times myself, it was horrendous and kept me on Civ 4 until the Complete Edition with Gods & Kings and Brave New World came out - which is always the best way to do it with Civ, although getting this Humble Bundle (as I did) isn't a bad way to start either.

Will you be getting the Rise & Fall expansion any time soon? I wasn’t planning on it before but I’ve heard lots of great things about it and the governor feature reminds me of the social policies in Civ 5 a bit tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post Feb 12 2018, 09:51 AM
Post #40
   No Gallery Pics

At some point in the future, I will because it does sound like they've added some good features - although the governors look good, the artstyle for them with their names that don't change but should depending on the civ you're playing makes me want to rage, but I want to play out original Civ 6 a bit while I wait for the expansion to drop in price a little (and hopefully some other bundle with the DLCs for the civs I'm missing too, because the likes of Persia, Indonesia, Macedonia and Poland sound really cool). Probably earliest I'll get it will be later this year when sales start. In case it wasn't obvious, I cheapskate games so hard.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:34 PM