BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2018: Week #12, slime green paint, peanut butter inside //+links +writeup
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post Mar 29 2018, 10:35 AM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
Rae Sremmurd become the first act of 2018 to score two chart-toppers as comeback lead Powerglide featuring Juicy J takes the top spot this week. Incidentally, the song also gives Juicy J an unexpected second personal charts #1 following his feature on Katy's Dark Horse, putting him in company with top faves of mine like Empire of the Sun, Gaga, Nicki and AlunaGeorge. Along with Sativa, Rae Sremmurd have notched up 5 previous top 40 placings including one top ten.

Lots of new entries this week after a few weeks with not much movement, a clearout as half the chart just about drops out for some new faces. Highest this week goes to Chvrches' second single from upcoming third full-length Love Is Dead, My Enemy featuring The National's Matt Berninger. Antonia's Tango, a potential I almost sent to BJSC this month (and maybe will next month) chases it close within the top 10. Other newies this week come from NERVO, Jones, my actual BJSC entry from Tunde Olaniran, Vuyina, Foster the People with The Knocks, Jireel, Years & Years, MNEK, Lemaitre, Billie Eilish, Flight Facilities, Portugal The Man, Justin Timberlake, Mr Probz, Everything Everything, and Kylie!
Those will be linked a bit later on in the week to save you hunting for them, so check back to see those, and feel free to peek at my (linked) weekly playlists in the meantime.

And with all that out of the way, here's this top 40 list for this penultimate week of March 2018:

01 Rae Sremmurd ft. Juicy J - Powerglide [29-2-1]
02 HAIM - You Never Knew [22-5-1-2]
03 Diplo ft. Santigold + Lil Yachty - Worry No More [13-3]
04 Tinashe ft. Offset - No Drama [14-9-9-6-4-4]
05 Chvrches ft. Matt Berninger - My Enemy [N]
06 Little Dragon - Best Friends [28-6]
07 Antonia - Tango [N]
08 Kendrick Lamar ft. SZA - All the Stars [28-5-8]
09 Sigala ft. Paloma Faith - Lullaby [11-9]
10 Cheat Codes ft. Kiiara - Put Me Back Together [7-10]
11 AlmA ft. Tove Styrke - Good Vibes [9-11]
12 Lana Del Rey ft. A$AP Rocky + Playboi Carti - Summer Bummer [22-12]
13 Krewella ft. Vava + Yellow Claw - New World [17-7-3-13]
14 Cherrie ft. Kehlani - 163 For Evigt (Remix) [14-14]
15 Angger Dimas ft. NERVO - Give it All Up [N]
16 Twin Shadow ft. HAIM - Saturdays [40-25-19-16]
17 Blakey ft. Jones - Prism of Love [N]
18 Camila Cabello - Never Be the Same [29-18]
19 Tunde Olaniran - Namesake [N]
20 Leikeli47 - Wash & Set [20-20]
21 The Knocks ft. Foster the People - Ride or Die [N]
22 Khalid ft. Normani - Love Lies [27-22]
23 Vuyina - Journey [N]
24 Dua Lipa - IDGAF [26-21-10-24]
25 Jorja Smith ft. Stormzy - Let Me Down [30-25]
26 ASTR - Ritual [34-26]
27 Years & Years - Sanctify [N]
28 Jireel ft. Lamix - Woh [N]
29 SZA - Prom [18-8-6-29]
30 Flight Facilities x Manila Killa ft. Emma Louise - Arty Boy (Remix) [31-30]
31 Billie Eilish - idontwannabeyouanymore [N]
32 Work Drugs - Miami Nights [39-38-32]
33 MNEK - Tongue [N]
34 Lemaitre - Machine [N]
35 Kylie Minogue - Stop Me From Falling [N]
36 Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still [N]
37 Mr Probz - Space For Two [N]
38 Everything Everything - Breadwinner [N]
39 Justin Timberlake ft. Chris Stapleton - Say Something ]N]
40 Flight Facilities ft. NIKA - Need You [N]

#1s this year:
Inna – Nirvana (1)
Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran – River (1)
Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari – Ride (2)
Simian Ghost – Eat The Rich (1)
MGMT – When You Die (1)
Chvrches – Get Out (1)
M.O ft. Lotto Boyzz + Mr Eazi – Bad Vibe (1)
Jhene Aiko ft. Rae Sremmurd – Sativa (1)
Paloma Faith – Til I'm Done (1)
HAIM – You Never Knew (1)
Rae Sremmurd ft. Juicy J – Powerglide (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jόpiter: Apr 3 2018, 12:39 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Apr 3 2018, 12:34 AM
Post #2
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
And here's this week's new entries!

Mainly down the lower end of the chart this week, there's a whole lot as this week clears out a lot of the older songs. Some a little older and established BJSC songs (Flight Facilities, Portugal. The Man, Justin Timberlake) enter this week along with a bunch of new faves and - spoiler - what's likely to be Jupiterdonia's newest BJSC entry to follow up our recent 12th-placing - which also debuts this month!

Years & Years debut with their comeback that may or may not be their upcoming lead single (they've been cagey both ways). The group have landed eight previous top 40 charters including four top tens and one chart topper, Shine.

The aforementioned Flight Facilities, Justin and PTM entries. Justin's actually the one of the three with the least previous chart history, only notching up two priors since 2013; Flight Facilities have charted five times previously and Portugal. The Man three times.

Kylie's Stop Me From Falling outpeaks Dancing by 6 so far. EE's Breadwinner becomes the group's third charting track, while MNEK charts for the first time since 2015 Zara Larsson-featuring chart topper Never Forget You.

Antonia's Tango which we will be sending to BJSC 104 is this week's second highest debut. Our BJSC 103 entry Namesake debuts at #19 and ultimately came 12th in the contest's most recent edition.

Highest charter goes to Chvrches with their second single from upcoming third LP. Lead single Get Out topped my personals with ease. Jones and NERVO also notch up debuts this week within the top 20; Jones's fourth top 20 and eighth charter overall, and NERVO's second of both.

Billie Eilish and The Knocks return for the first time since 2016...

And this week also sees debut new entries for Jireel, Mr Probz, Vuyina and Lemaitre, although some of them may have been on my radar already before. Jinkies!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:40 PM