BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Monster smash hit vs Critically acclaimed flop single, a DILEMMA
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Monster hit vs Critically acclaimed single
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
HausofKubrick
post Mar 6 2018, 07:21 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Picture this:

Madonna releases the lead single for her 14th album NEXT WEEK. It is ONE OF THE FOLLOWING. You can only pick one (and insert relevant songs for the *'s).
  • 'Bitch I'm Madonna'* PART 2 a mess of a song that cheapens her image and is born out of 1.5 songwriter camp sessions, that becomes a global SMASH. #1 in the UK for 6 weeks and #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Dominates Spotify for at least a month.
  • 'Frozen'* PART 2 that is hugely regarded as one of the most important and powerful songs by critics and is deeply meaningful to you personally. Sadly, it dwindles at #38 on the UK chart and just misses the top 20 in the US. Spends 2 weeks in the top 50 on Spotify and never re-appears
thinking.gif

You can only have ONE.

DISCUSS~
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vibe
post Mar 6 2018, 09:06 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Ridiculous thread because a song like bitch I’m madonna is not going to be a number 1 smash.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Mar 6 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Ridiculous post because you can use your imagination to pretend it happens and I didn't literally mean that exact song, chill out ~

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Mar 10 2018, 02:05 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Being a chart fan from a young age, I'll always be hopeful that a song from one of my faves can be a smash hit, but I've definitely learned to measure success in different ways. I'd go as far as saying 'Ghosttown' was Madonna's most successful song this decade: it received great critical success, is adored by fans, brings something slightly different to her discography and, for a while, helped rebuild her current image. All that seems much more important than gaining a Top 20 hit or whatever with no consideration for artistic direction or quality.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Mar 11 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I do wonder what it is Madonna wants with her music though. She says she hates the songwriting camps and the fact old school recording and writing sessions don't seem to be the done thing anymore, yet it's the Bitch I'm Madonna type songs that she seems to love and always give attention to on social media.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Mar 11 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I really want a smash lmao sad.gif I want a song of her's to capture a whole new generation and then for an album that is deeply personal and more of the OLD stuff. Can I have both? No? Well let's get a gigantic smash then, because Rebel Heart was an amazing album so idc.

Delete me from this forum if you wish to sob.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Mar 12 2018, 09:32 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I most want an album that is true to her and I feel Rebel Heart was definitely a step in the right direction. That's why her announcing she was working new music after settling into her new Portuguese life had me so excited - it felt like Madonna was really involved and excited herself by the culture and music and style, giving her new opportunities for her own music. I think what puts the general public off Madonna and her current music most is the fact it doesn't feel authentic; it just seems she's chasing hits and relying on what's worked for other artists. She may not get a huge #1 hit if she releases something that is totally true to herself, but I imagine she would be more respected by younger audiences and that would encourage her being captured by a new generation.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:24 AM