BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Eminem - Music To Be Murdered By, 11th album • 17/01/20 | Side B: 18/12/20
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
p a v
post 17th January 2020, 04:10 PM
Post #41
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(Mikal @ Jan 17 2020, 07:00 PM) *
I hate this attitude of "that's just him though lol!", well maybe so but he still deserves to be called out on this shit. Pop girls get cancelled and dragged for not apologising on BEHALF of men yet men can say and do whatever they want and nothing really happens.

Yes he's getting backlash online but it's nothing like what I saw for say, Nicki Minaj when all she did was call out Travis for being a bit tacky.

It's madness to me the double standards in this industry are absolutely horrendous and if we don't call it out nothing will change.

Sadly all this media attention is exactly what people like him want. If no one talked about it he would go back into irrelevancy in an instant. This will never happen in a million years but a girl can dream laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 17th January 2020, 05:25 PM
Post #42
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

He defiantly shouldn’t have put the lyric in that song as it’s incredibly insensitive but he did contribute and donate a great amount to the Manchester cause. He’s probably going to get a lot of streams just for that lyric alone and probably what he intended no matter how disrespectful it is.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 17th January 2020, 06:56 PM
Post #43
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 17th January 2020, 08:08 PM
Post #44
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 17 2020, 06:33 AM) *
Yep.

Also, I've seen press reports reporting it, but I'm yet to come across any that have called him out on it. It's all "has he gone too far?" or "Eminem uses Manchester Bombings attack in his lyrics" etc.. I'm sure I'll come across some in the next 24 hours, but his media portrayal is so much different to those who have done far less (as Jack stated) it's really annoying. A lot of the comments are defending him just coz they regard him as "a rap legend".
I don’t like the fact that he’s still using this type of tactic either (although these lyrics are coming from the same guy who rapped “hi kids, do you like violence?” so are we really all that surprised?) but from a journalistic perspective, press reports are usually more objective on the matter, no? They usually report what’s been accounted for either via social media or through personal listening experience and then leave it on an open-ended note, and it’s up to the report’s audience to respond. They’re not really meant for taking sides but rather reporting what has been said from opposing POV’s. The title “Has he gone too far?” is also meant to be open-ended. If it was meant to report a side, article titles would have said “fans are calling out Eminem for ____”

(I say this without reading the articles, sorry guys I’m currently out of the country at the moment)

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 17th January 2020, 08:47 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

I'm absolutely disgusted in what I have read in this thread.

The fact he donated to Manchester doesn't excuse the fact this lyric is in very very poor taste. I want people to think about people who have suffered from the tragedy of the Manchester bombings and how triggered they would feel. It's not about being woke or sensitive, it's about having some respect for others and how they may feel.

Posts have been deleted due to the reasons highlighted above and any further postings similar to Lomadz, PeaceMob and Chris' will be deleted - it's in incredibly poor taste and warnings will be issued. I'm all for debate, but not over something where people are trolling and making excuses for a lyric taking light of a terrorist attack, one of the biggest ever within the UK.

Thank you.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 17th January 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I regrettably decided to check out the comments to an article on this that was shared on Facebook. The amount of people jumping to Eminem's defense with comments like "if you don't like it, don't listen", "snowflakes" and "everyone's offended by everything these days". When it comes to cases like this, why shouldn't people be offended? Why don't people learn to consider other people's feelings instead of others having to just put up and shut up? As Jack says, where's the respect for other people?

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 17th January 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

He donated to the cause but he's making light of it in his music? Strange, strange man.

+Quote this post
Bjork
post 17th January 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,665

he knows controversy sells, he's always played the same game, we should ignore rather than be upset

+Quote this post
Calum
post 17th January 2020, 09:33 PM
Post #49
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(Bjork @ Jan 17 2020, 09:24 PM) *
he knows controversy sells, he's always played the same game, we should ignore rather than be upset

I want to say I get where you’re coming from, but I’m not sure I do. Why should we ignore this type of behaviour, when so many others are condoned for far less, instead of call him out? Ignoring his blatant disregard for people’s feelings, the families affected by this tragedy, the hurt and damage it has caused, etc implies more so that people don’t care? Some of the replies in this thread certainly seem to have come across that way, which is quite saddening. :/

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 17th January 2020, 11:17 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(SausageDestroyer @ Jan 17 2020, 03:32 PM) *
what other controversial thing do you feel the need to apologise for? because you've been doing it a LOT lately. i just don't get your motivation. is it for the sake of going against the grain?

you don't tend to think from other people's perspective most of the times so let me rephrase that. would you REALLY be okay if he made your daughter's death a subject in one of the songs in such a disrespectful and disgusting manner aka using tragedy to make money?

I think you've hit upon a really important point here. Of course it would be a different story if the subject matter related to his own child, but as it's not other people's suffering is irrelevant - sod them all.

I don't think it's even a case of him being inward-looking or selfish-minded, I get the impression from observing his postings over the years that he revels in other people's suffering and misery. That's his motivation, I think.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 17th January 2020, 11:22 PM
Post #51
Group icon

QUOTE(Medellíam @ Jan 18 2020, 12:01 AM) *
I regrettably decided to check out the comments to an article on this that was shared on Facebook. The amount of people jumping to Eminem's defense with comments like "if you don't like it, don't listen", "snowflakes" and "everyone's offended by everything these days". When it comes to cases like this, why shouldn't people be offended? Why don't people learn to consider other people's feelings instead of others having to just put up and shut up? As Jack says, where's the respect for other people?

And ironically these people will be the first ones in the "omg i'm like so totally offended" line complaining about something minuscule that directly affects THEM.

QUOTE(Calum @ Jan 18 2020, 12:33 AM) *
I want to say I get where you’re coming from, but I’m not sure I do. Why should we ignore this type of behaviour, when so many others are condoned for far less, instead of call him out? Ignoring his blatant disregard for people’s feelings, the families affected by this tragedy, the hurt and damage it has caused, etc implies more so that people don’t care? Some of the replies in this thread certainly seem to have come across that way, which is quite saddening. :/

This whole thing is a hard pill to swallow and I definitely understand what you mean but bullies and money hungry people rarely just stop from backlash. You have to have some kind of conscience for that. (Look at the walking trashcan named Katie Hopkins for example, although admittedly recently she seems to have f***ed off a bit). This only makes his career bigger/him stay relevant longer. This will lead to future cases when he IS going to be controversial using another tragedy and so on and so forth.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 17th January 2020, 11:27 PM
Post #52
Group icon

QUOTE(Wall @ Jan 17 2020, 08:25 PM) *

He defiantly shouldn’t have put the lyric in that song as it’s incredibly insensitive but he did contribute and donate a great amount to the Manchester cause. He’s probably going to get a lot of streams just for that lyric alone and probably what he intended no matter how disrespectful it is.

Special sale - make a donation and record the Manchester concert bombing line for HALF THE GUILT and NO REAL CONSEQUENCES!

+Quote this post
Sapeod
post 18th January 2020, 10:14 AM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 12,862

The outrage over that Manchester lyric honestly surprises me. This is the same guy who referenced f***ing Columbine almost immediately after it had happened, who's rapped about murdering and rape numerous times in the past, who's rapped about kidnapping, raping and murdering celebrities on a constant basis, who's used every word in the book outside of the n word, and it's a throwaway line such as this which isn't even near the top 30 worst things he's ever put in a song that people are getting offended over? In this same album, he raps from the bloody Vegas shooter's perspective...

It's Eminem. None of you should be shocked or surprised by this point, surely? This is pretty tame for Eminem's standards, which I suppose is the sign of the times that it gets so much coverage?

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 18th January 2020, 11:20 AM
Post #54
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

It depends whether you're talking about on this site or in the wider media. On this site it's quite understandable why it's caused more outrage and that's simply because this member base was more personally affected by the Manchester attack than the other things he's controversially included in lyrics before.

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 18th January 2020, 11:42 AM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

Jeez shut the f*** up about that ONE lyric. Three pages of discussion about it? It was wrong, he's a tool, move on.

I want to read thoughts and opinions on the rest of the album not read a back and forth about one lyric that's obviously only there for shock value.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 18th January 2020, 11:46 AM
Post #56
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

...so tell us your thoughts on the rest of the album then!!!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 18th January 2020, 11:48 AM
Post #57
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

QUOTE(SausageDestroyer @ Jan 17 2020, 11:22 PM) *
This whole thing is a hard pill to swallow and I definitely understand what you mean but bullies and money hungry people rarely just stop from backlash. You have to have some kind of conscience for that. (Look at the walking trashcan named Katie Hopkins for example, although admittedly recently she seems to have f***ed off a bit). This only makes his career bigger/him stay relevant longer. This will lead to future cases when he IS going to be controversial using another tragedy and so on and so forth.

She’s not f***ed off unfortunately, it’s just the media/people have finally stopped paying her the attention that she craves. There’s still a few instances where she pops up and there’s outrage (and she has a field day with this Meghan stuff) but she’s just going further and further into those dark American right wing circles, that no one outside of those really cares about her anymore.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 18th January 2020, 12:55 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

QUOTE(shadow2009 @ Jan 18 2020, 11:42 AM) *
Jeez shut the f*** up about that ONE lyric. Three pages of discussion about it? It was wrong, he's a tool, move on.

I want to read thoughts and opinions on the rest of the album not read a back and forth about one lyric that's obviously only there for shock value.

No one is stopping you and is this contribution adding anything?

I actually deleted a majority of the posts but go off.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 18th January 2020, 07:21 PM
Post #59
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Well to give some opinions on the actual songs ~

I've listened to a handful of the songs that seemed of interest (i.e. mostly ones with features) and out of those 'Godzilla' is the main highlight, that's the only one that I think I'll want to go back to out of what I've heard so far so I'm glad that's the one that looks like it'll be the biggest hit from the album. I've read that Juice WRLD was meant to have a verse on it but he passed away before completing it which is a real shame, his hook on it still sounds great though and the final verse with Eminem rapping even faster than 'Rap God' is v good too.

'Those Kinda Nights' is a fun enough song and definitely a vast improvement on 'River' but it's just like an Eminem version of Tyga's 'Taste' lol ~ I also quite liked 'I Will' (my 2nd favourite of the songs I listened to, the hook is very reminiscent of Eminem's old good stuff) and 'Yah Yah', and 'Darkness' does have a good message to it although the song itself is not something I'd ever choose to listen to. Shame that any goodwill he might earn from that song/video is totally undermined by him including that one Ariana line on the same album but ho hum.

Eminem really just feels like an unnecessary presence in music now and has done for a while, he still puts out the occasional song that I can get into but on the whole every new album from him since 2013 has just further bloated out his once consistently great discography with songs that are for the most part only decent at best. I thought the 'Kamikaze' era was a little better than the previous two but he's taken a step right back with this one. Meh ~

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 18th January 2020, 09:04 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

QUOTE(Jack @ Jan 18 2020, 12:55 PM) *
No one is stopping you and is this contribution adding anything?

I actually deleted a majority of the posts but go off.

I hadn't heard the album at that point.

I'm not familiar with much of Eminem's albums. I only really know Recovery, Revival and most of his singles so I can't say how this compares to his other work except that it's - just like the two albums I mentioned - got some nice choruses, hooks and catchy moments. Nothing is amazing or makes me want to hammer the replay button but I do like You Gon' Learn, Stepdad (although I suspect the chorus will get irritating), I Will, Godzilla (probably my favourite) and Darkness is growing on me. Some of the other tracks just drone on and are pretty forgettable. I haven't bothered listening to the Sheeran track because I can't stand him.

Revival got tons of slack for being an awful album but I cherry picked more album tracks from that than I have with this one so far..

Also I'm glad he's went for a more interesting album title this time as Relapse/Recovery/Encore/Revival was getting confusing.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:20 PM