BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Atomic Kitten: The Singles Rate Results, we'll go walking in paradise // full results pg 5
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 13th July 2020, 07:47 PM
Post #1
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Right Now
See Ya
I Want Your Love
Follow Me
Whole Again
Eternal Flame
You Are
It's OK!
The Tide Is High (Get the Feeling)
The Last Goodbye
Be With You
Love Doesn't Have to Hurt
If You Come to Me
Ladies Night
Someone Like Me
Right Now 2004
Cradle 2005

First result coming...!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Simon.
post 13th July 2020, 07:48 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126
They are so underrated cry.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 13th July 2020, 07:50 PM
Post #3
Group icon
17 6.15 See Ya

Thank you baby: 8.5 - Tombo, JosephStyles, Lukuzz
I wouldn't wanna be ya: 2 - Scene

The bubblegum pop of the first Atomic Kitten era, very much present in debut single Right Now, seemed to hit its peak with See Ya - a quirky pop song that, at the time, gave the girls their highest peak position of #6! Shockingly, this was the only song NOT to receive a 10 or 11 ohmy.gif Credit where it's due though, 6.15 really isn't a bad average for last place!

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 13th July 2020, 07:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
See Ya is a nice little bop, so cute. Better than last imo but they had great singles

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 13th July 2020, 08:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
16 6.26 Follow Me

Thank you baby: 10 - Simon, Rossco
I wouldn't wanna be ya: 3 - Mullo, vibe

The fourth Right Now single is one of their most underrated singles, both on Buzzjack and by the public! It only charted at #20, making Follow Me the only (fully released) single to miss the top 10, also being the only track not included on The Greatest Hits. It found some love on Buzzjack though, with two 10s!

+Quote this post
Slick
post 13th July 2020, 08:11 PM
Post #6
Group icon
electric butterflies
User: 70
I loved 'Follow Me' at the time but it's not very well known.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 13th July 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #7
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
See Ya didn’t deserve last! cry.gif My least favourite of theirs is probably the remix of Right Now... it takes some of the energy out of the original.

Follow Me is cute and definitely deserved more than #20 (which could be considered as being a big flop in those days). It is interesting that their label decided it was worthy of launching the album though, and why they were sitting on Whole Again at that moment in time!

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 13th July 2020, 08:26 PM
Post #8
Group icon
15 6.39 Cradle 2005

Thank you baby: 10 - Jonjo
I wouldn't wanna be ya: 4 - Nightcrawler, Feel_The_Fever, Tombo, HausofGhibli

The final proper single released by the group is the first track that features Jenny to drop out. Cradle 2005 was a re-recording of an album track from Right Now (issued as a promo single only in Taiwan) which saw Natasha sing all solos on the track. The 2005 version sees the vocals shared out between all three girls, and the song was released for World Vision a year after the girls split, peaking at #10 - their lowest charting single since Follow Me.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 13th July 2020, 08:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
electric butterflies
I thought 'Cradle' was very disappointing, particularly given they had split.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 13th July 2020, 08:40 PM
Post #10
Group icon
14 6.56 I Want Your Love

Thank you baby: 11 - Lukuzz
I wouldn't wanna be ya: 1.5 - Scene

Another Kerry single drops, and this one she actually has vocals on...! I Want Your Love samples the theme from The Big Country, and was released as the group's third single. It charted at #10, spending only three weeks top 40 - their worst performer to date (though of course, Follow Me came directly after). It's the first single given a score of an 11 to drop out - sorry Lukuzz!

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 13th July 2020, 08:50 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
I knew I Want Your Love wouldn't last long. Not many people rate it highly but it was the first song of theirs that caught my attention back in the day and it's just so fun and catchy, I love it.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 13th July 2020, 08:52 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'I Want Your Love' deserved better than that!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th July 2020, 11:56 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I'm looking at all these and thinking "this didn't deserve to be so low" but then I remember what's left and it's like... erm, maybe they do? Idk.

I'm surprised 'Someone Like Me' isn't out yet! Especially over the likes of 'See Ya' and 'I Want Your Love'.

'Follow Me' was a near career destroyer! They were so, SO lucky that the label decided to give one last push with 'Whole Again'. It's a shame coz 'Follow Me' is ridiculously underrated! 'Cradle' is STUNNING. It was always my favourite from their debut album anyway, but I love either version so much.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 14th July 2020, 08:51 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588
See Ya did not deserve to be the lowest ranking!

Follow Me is decent, but such a bad choice for a single. In the end it all worked out with Whole Again, but still, they were soooo lucky the label gave them one last shot.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 14th July 2020, 09:59 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
Can you imagine if the label hadn’t given them one more shot! What with Kerry leaving too they are so lucky Whole Again really took off when it did (although it’s a cracking song so it’s not totally luck). I wonder if Kerry ever regretted leaving at the time as obviously they went from being a boy that successful group to becoming one of the biggest pop groups in the country literally at the moment she walked!

+Quote this post
Slick
post 14th July 2020, 10:29 AM
Post #16
Group icon
electric butterflies
QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jul 14 2020, 10:59 AM) *
Can you imagine if the label hadn’t given them one more shot! What with Kerry leaving too they are so lucky Whole Again really took off when it did (although it’s a cracking song so it’s not totally luck). I wonder if Kerry ever regretted leaving at the time as obviously they went from being a boy that successful group to becoming one of the biggest pop groups in the country literally at the moment she walked!

I always thought that. 'Whole Again' was recorded and the video shot with her and then it took off after she left. Awful timing.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 14th July 2020, 10:47 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588
Kerry literally left the group the week before Whole Again was released. There's this performance of them on a Kids show, where she announces she is going to leave the band and this will be her last performance.

Just looking back, it's so hard to imagine Kerry being part of them. Or even being a popstar in general.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 14th July 2020, 10:51 AM
Post #18
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Kerry left midway through the promotion of "Whole Again" - coz she was in the music video & did a few performances before the single's actual release. Then left the group due to her pregnancy & getting married to Brian McFadden. Yeah she probably has regrets about leaving the group literally just before they exploded, but she did manage to have a successful career of her own in TV.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 14th July 2020, 10:53 AM
Post #19
Group icon
electric butterflies
QUOTE(Chemistry @ Jul 14 2020, 11:47 AM) *
Kerry literally left the group the week before Whole Again was released. There's this performance of them on a Kids show, where she announces she is going to leave the band and this will be her last performance.

Just looking back, it's so hard to imagine Kerry being part of them. Or even being a popstar in general.

I have been *lucky* enough to see Atomic Kitten perform live with Kerry Katona as part of the line-up (in the last 5-10 years), so for me, Kerry is very much part of the band.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 14th July 2020, 11:11 AM
Post #20
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
How in the hell is 'Right Now '04' still in the running, it should be last, truly awful & sucked everything that was fun & great about the original.

See Ya - When this came out, they were seen as replacements for B*Witched (who were on their way out by this point) & this is a fun little track with a fast pace & fun beats, this doesn't deserve last place at all. Definitely weaker in comparison to Right Now, but it’s light and inoffensive.

Follow Me - A little bit of a departure from their first 3 singles & really liked this at the time, but can see why this stalled at the time, while its a nice & gentle track with some nice harmonies, its kinda flat & forgettable.

Cradle - Quite a lush track and feels like it has had a much stronger composition and production level. This definitely could have been bigger if released during their hey-day. But its #10 peak isn't terrible by any means.

I Want Your Love - Catchy, fast & hell of a lot of fun, it picks up the pace of their debut & adds 10. Thought this would have been higher, especially over 'Right Now '04' & 'Someone Like Me'. Yeah this is very dated, but still fun.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 01:11 PM