BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Why does Gaga not interact with fans online anymore?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post May 5 2020, 07:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

So Gaga used to be very active on social media. Many believe she helped to actually pioneer and give birth to the online fandom culture through her early years. But many have noticed that recently, she has taken a back step on social media. Rarely (if ever) does she interact with fans now on Twitter or post much.

Why do you think this is?

Is she protecting herself from the dangers of social media? Are the fans to blame? DISCUSS~
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 5 2020, 07:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Honestly, I think it's because her fans and general Twitter stan culture is VILE at times. Some of the tweets I have seen from "fans" make my skin crawl and make me angry and upset for Gaga (or any artist they are aimed at). It must be so overwhelming to interact with fans like she used to back in the day, so I am happy she actually shields herself and protects her own mental health. I don't need her to interact online, I'd rather she looked after herself!

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post May 5 2020, 09:07 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
She's recognised that a large portion of her online fanbase are absolutely rancid and she wants nothing to do with that kind of negativity. I recently saw a "fan" on Twitter making racist comments about BLACKPINK and then we've had @FIREBOBBYANDSA1 (they've now either deactivated or Twitter got rid) who recently started a hate campaign against Bobby and Sarah Tanno for absolutely no reason at all.

It sucks because it was lovely when she interacted with us but I 100% understand why she barely doesn't now. I'd do exactly the same if I were her.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post May 5 2020, 09:13 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
QUOTE(Hauspital* @ May 5 2020, 08:56 PM) *
Honestly, I think it's because her fans and general Twitter stan culture is VILE at times. Some of the tweets I have seen from "fans" make my skin crawl and make me angry and upset for Gaga (or any artist they are aimed at). It must be so overwhelming to interact with fans like she used to back in the day, so I am happy she actually shields herself and protects her own mental health. I don't need her to interact online, I'd rather she looked after herself!

This was my immediate thought when I saw the thread. You're right, it must be so overwhelming to be witness to the awful things they say and almost feel like this is what you created.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post May 5 2020, 09:25 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
All the reasons stated are likely the case. Twitter especially is so different to what it was less than like 8 years ago - 75% of replies to her now are probably just Stan accounts talking about how Ariana outsold or something. I wonder how much of it is her choice and how much is her team advising her to stay away more.

But it is somewhat weird that 7/8 years ago she was probably the most interactive celebrity with her fans of her status, now we're at the point where she doesn't even reply to tweets like, ever when even the likes of Justin Bieber and Ariana often do. I would like to see her do some Q&As or something, even if its through an instagram live where it can be more filtered

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 5 2020, 09:43 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's so sad. I found so much comfort chatting to Little Monsters back in the day. I am lucky I found this forum and the people on it to join in my love for Gaga because Twitter is so toxic now sob.gif

+Quote this post
LouisL
post May 5 2020, 10:05 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
The thing is as well, all the people who were having the interesting discussion before about and with Gaga on twitter are still there, they're just so drowned out now by bot accounts and fake Stan accounts who only post random videos below tweets so the conversation just disappears

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post May 6 2020, 03:51 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275
I think she has said herself that she's tired of social media? I recall reading something like that. Her bizarre promotional tweets are hilarious though. She kinda changed with Joanne era. But who am I to judge, I am not the same as 6 years ago either.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post May 6 2020, 08:46 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Because they're annoying af. I wouldn't if I was her either.

+Quote this post
Slick
post May 6 2020, 09:28 AM
Post #10
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
I don't think it was ever a good idea for popstars to be so accessible. Lady Gaga helped curate that, but she couldn't have anticipated what it would turn into. It might be a case of Gaga taking a conscious step back, or perhaps her interest in it has fizzled out. Either way, I don't want to chat to my popstars and I think it's much better that way.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 6 2020, 12:23 PM
Post #11
Group icon
QUOTE(LMLou @ May 5 2020, 11:05 PM) *
The thing is as well, all the people who were having the interesting discussion before about and with Gaga on twitter are still there, they're just so drowned out now by bot accounts and fake Stan accounts who only post random videos below tweets so the conversation just disappears

This is very true! I have found with Twitter recently though, it's no longer what you actually want on a timeline - it is filled with posts that your followers have liked rather than retweeted and so it's an amalgamation of everyone you follows' tastes rather than just your own! I wonder if there's a way to change the settings unsure.gif

QUOTE(Slick @ May 6 2020, 10:28 AM) *
I don't think it was ever a good idea for popstars to be so accessible. Lady Gaga helped curate that, but she couldn't have anticipated what it would turn into. It might be a case of Gaga taking a conscious step back, or perhaps her interest in it has fizzled out. Either way, I don't want to chat to my popstars and I think it's much better that way.

This is true! I guess it's the same as the likes of Madonna being dragged their entire career in publications, it's just now a lot more instant and universal. She is being sensible in taking a step back, for sure!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 29 2020, 12:34 AM
Post #12
Group icon
She replied to a couple of fans this evening on Twitter. Seems like she's joining in the build up to the release of Chromatica in the US.

+Quote this post
Sour Candy
post May 29 2020, 06:24 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 10,275
She seems to be very happy right now, love to see it!!!

+Quote this post
LouisL
post May 29 2020, 07:19 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Even if she still isn’t interacting with fans as much, I can’t remember that last time she was the active on social media, it must be years
It’s not even just generic posts to promote the album it’s showing her sense of humour again

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:09 PM