BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Christina Aguilera: Singles Rate: RESULTS, WINNER & FULL RESULTS ANNOUNCED...
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
George.keh
post Jun 23 2020, 10:48 PM
Post #21
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Say Something might be one of my worst songs ever if I’m honest- so so boring and miserable
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Herbs
post Jun 23 2020, 11:00 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214
Surprised Say Something and Moved Like Jagger are so low. Both were deserved big hits in my opinion

+Quote this post
vibe
post Jun 24 2020, 10:55 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Woohoo is a bop

MLJ is Jared on this site but adored by general public.

Car Wash is average

+Quote this post
Slick
post Jun 24 2020, 11:14 AM
Post #24
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
No big losses so far. 'Moves Like Jagger' probably a little too low but there is a lot of good stuff to come.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jun 24 2020, 02:35 PM
Post #25
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
This is a rollercoaster that's about to be long gone

#30. Just A Fool (ft Blake Shelton) | 5.904

Highest Scores: 10: (Lukuzz), Lowest Scores: 2: (Nick F1)

At #30 we have Xtina's first (& only) foray into Country music; Just a Fool, released in December 2012 as the 2nd & ultimately final single from her 7th studio album "Lotus" & features Country music singer Blake Shelton. Following the release of the album this track managed to debut on the US Hot 100, prompting RCA to release this as the next single & managed to reach a peak of #71, while faring much better in Canada with a #37 peak. A fairly inoffensive effort that yes feels largely out of place on the album itself (which is probably why its tucked away at the end). But I will say that the Country sound really fits with her huge vocals and the slow speed of the song really fits her vocal too. Blake's vocals also blends really well with Christina's, especially on the chorus. However I still find that this being picked over far better choices on the album such as (Blank Page or Army of Me), was very jarring, especially when you take into consideration that the album cycle pretty much ended after this & even more odd that given this wasn't released internationally, meaning that the rest of us got just 1 single. What a waste, although given the album's performance, it seemed that everyone jumped ship without taking any more risks.

#29. Fall on Me (ft A Great Big World) | 5.952

Highest Scores: 10: (Nightcrawler), Lowest Scores: 0: (Nick F1)

At #29 is Christina's 2nd collaboration with A Great Big World with Fall On Me, released in November 2019, which makes this her latest release to date. The track is a cover originally sung by Italian singer Andrea Bocelli & his son Matteo Bocelli in 2018, but the track was written by the members of A Great Big World. The song much like their previous effort is a piano ballad with lyrics seemingly calling "for the divine influence of a higher spiritual power". I'm actually surprised this has managed to rank higher than 'SS', but given the fact that this had less rates, it clearly benefited a little bit more. While the somber piano & quiet strings do give this emotional ballad some nice touches, this still lacks a certain punch the other track had, despite all artists involved having strong chemistry together. Personally I just find it pretty dull & banal, more so than 'SS'.

#28. Bionic | 6.023

Highest Scores: 9: (Euphorique), Lowest Scores: 2: (Scene)

At #28 we lose our first wildcard track Bionic, the title track from her 6th studio album of the same name. The track is an electronic number and has garnered comparisons to works by artists including Santigold and Janet Jackson. Christina has performed this live as an introduction to her lead single (NMT) on a number of occasions, including the 2010 MTV Music Video Awards.
Upon release of the album the track managed to chart at #66 on the US Billboard charts, performing better than all the other singles bar the lead of course. This really should have been a single & in my opinion could have made a better choice as the lead (that's just my opinion), as not only does act as a great album opener, but could have been a fantastic introduction to this era with its fun futuristic sound & industrial stomps really sets the tone for what's to come with its thumping electronic beats & grinding synths really makes more of a bold statement than 'NMT' ever could.

#27. Tilt Ya Head Back (ft Nelly) | 6.043

Highest Scores: 9: (Andrew), Lowest Scores: 2: (Nick F1)

At #27 is Tilt Ya Head Back a collaboration between Christina herself of course & American singer Nelly, released in September 2004 as the 2nd single from his 'Sweat'. A Hip-Hop and Pop number that features a sample of Curtis Mayfield's "Superfly". The producer of this track confirmed that this was originally meant to feature Britney Spears, but her record label 'Jive Records' rejected the idea because they thought it was too Urban, even though Britney herself really wanted to do it, a snippet of her version has leaked. Janet Jackson was also approached, but she turned it down & the Christina was the final choice & of course she said yes. Upon release the track was expected to be a smash hit, but only performed moderately on the US Top 100 by peaking at #58, but fared much better elsewhere by hitting top 5 peaks in New Zealand, Australia & UK, as well as top 20 peaks in Ireland, Netherlands & Switzerland. The blend of styles on this track is quite interesting with Nelly's gruff rap tones & Xtina's soulful yet powerful voice blends together quite well (although not always quite so successfully), with the more powerful voice dominating the song, but its still a great fun time & both artists are clearly having a ball against its stellar production. Not a song for the ages, but a fun little listen when it comes on.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jun 24 2020, 02:57 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I used to really not like 'Tilt Ya Head Back', but I'm more fond of it now.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Jun 24 2020, 03:33 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
The great big world duets are low didn't realise they were so disliked on here. Also I love Just A fool great song. No huge losses though

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jun 25 2020, 12:50 PM
Post #28
Group icon
I have sacrificed the most of my youth

#26. Twice | 6.357

Highest Scores: 9.5/9: (#VoteGarden.keh, Jordan Lee), Lowest Scores: 2: (Nick F1)

At #26 we lose our 2nd of 3 wildcard entries Twice, released in May 2018 as the first promotional single from her 8th studio album Liberation, & recieved positive critical reception with praise going towards Christina's voice & lyrics. Its with this type of piano ballad is where Xtina excels, in this case she starts out vocally subdued, only to build to a belting climax where she sings her heart out. Set against its sparse production with self reflective lyrics, this is a glorious little number that goes really well with her more bigger & more well known ballads such as ('Beautiful' & 'Hurt').

#25. Express | 6.425

Highest Scores: 10: (#VoteGarden.keh), Lowest Scores: 0: (Bjork)

At #25 we lose the other Burlesque soundtrack single; Express, released in September 2010 & received generally positive reviews & attained moderate chart success, with a top 40 peak in Japan & lower peaks in Switzerland , Australia & UK. In the USA it peaked at #2 on the US Bubbling Under Top 100 chart. While the mixture of old-school & contemporay sound is quite fun & interesting, but just like its other track it works better in context of the movie, but its still a nice slinky little anthem that's probably far more memorable than 'SMHYB', but not really something I'd go back to all that often, but its still a fun little bop that's somewhat underrated, (probably would have been better received if 'Bionic' didn't tank).

#24. Fall In Line (ft Demi Lovato) | 6.5

Highest Scores: 10: (Lukuzz, Andrew), Lowest Scores: 3: (dandy)

At #24 we lose our first album era with Fall In Line, which features guest vocals by Demi Lovato & released in May 2018 as the 2nd single from her 8th studio album Liberation.
The track was written years before it was ever recorded & when the news came out namely the {Time's Up & MeToo Movement), she felt that this song needed to be heard. It was reported that at one point Beyonce tried to secure the song for the R&B duo Chloe x Halle. Upon release the song became a minor success by peaking in the lower end of the charts in Switzerland, Canada & UK, while managing a top 20 peak in Hungary & peaked at #1 on the US Bubbling Under Top 100 chart. Out of all the tracks on said album, this is probably the one with the most commercial potential (thanks to the added feature of Demi Lovato), because otherwise I doubt this track would have gained half the attention it did & fair to say its not half bad. Vocally its what you'd expect a female empowerment ballad between these 2 would sound like , neither of which are known for their vocal restraint as they really belt their hearts out on this soulful little number that's set against some progressive production & while I do commend them for the song's message, sadly it feels like something isn't quite there yet & doesn't really stand amongst some of the bigger && better hits that both artists have managed throughout their careers. But on the whole its still a fine effort.

This post has been edited by Nina West: Jun 25 2020, 12:52 PM

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 25 2020, 12:54 PM
Post #29
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
sorry WHAT at those three out so soon, these Liberation tracks deserve (deserve is an album track highlight tbh) so much better sad.gif I really recommend the album.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Jun 25 2020, 12:58 PM
Post #30
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
agree! Love love love all 3 of them tracks, Twice the most probably

+Quote this post
Slick
post Jun 25 2020, 02:04 PM
Post #31
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70
I can understand why the Liberation tracks are out so early. Some of them are very "nice" but they don't compare to her other material.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jun 25 2020, 02:08 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
'Twice' was easily the best thing I heard out of the last era. I still need to give the actual full album a listen.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jun 25 2020, 02:20 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Twice and Fall In Line are amongst my Liberation favourites but Fall On Me was my favourite Xtina related track in years. It’s gorgeous and so underrated. It’s the type of song what sounds huge too but it wasnt meant to be.

Interesting that almost every track to leave so far is from the 10s decade! Car Wash would’ve been my first 00s track to exit though so I agree on that. Tilt Ya Head Back isn’t one I go back too much either but I remember liking it a lot at the time.

Intrigued to see how the rest of this goes. Im predicting I Turn To You could be one of the next ones to leave. Definitely think it’ll go before anything else on her debut. So happy to see come Xtina discussion though whether it’s good or bad I’ll take it!

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jun 27 2020, 01:20 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?

#23. Tell Me (ft P-Diddy) | 6.636

Highest Scores: 10: (Lukuzz), Lowest Scores: 3/3.5: (dandy, #VoteGarden.keh)

At #23 is P-Diddy (now known as just Diddy) track Tell Me, released in November 2006 as the 2nd single from his 4th studio album Press Play. Originally the song was created as a demo track to test Pop/R&B girl group Danity Kane, but Diddy decided to use Christina for the track instead. Upon release the track was a moderate success by reaching top 10 in the UK (becoming her 14th top 10 entry there), as well as top 10 peaks in Germany, Switzerland & Ireland, top 20 peaks in Australia, Belgium & Austria. In the USA it managed a peak of #47 which was considered a disappointment, becoming his lowest charting single since 'Diddy' back in 2001. Despite good critical reviews, but reasons given for its low peak were down to low promo & Xtina's own hit 'Hurt' which was riding high in the charts at the time & may have disrupted its performance. Now this is a fun little bop with strong hip-hop & club beats running throughout its chilled futuristic production that has helped this track age pretty damn well & plus it offered a nice counterpart to Christina's Jazzed styled offerings at the time.

#22. Reflection | 6.785

Highest Scores: 8.5/8: (vibe, Liam, Nina West, ready for it, WinterFreeze, Lukuzz, #VoteGarden.keh, Jordan Lee, Riser, Cameron), Lowest Scores: 0: (Nick F1)

At #22 is Christina's earliest effort with her debut single Reflection, which was recorded for the Disney animated movie Mulan & would later end up on her self-titled debut album.
Christina was 17 at the time it was released. The single's commercial success funded Aguilera's debut album from RCA, in addition to gaining her credibility amongst established writers and producers. Upon release the song's release was limited, which resulted in the track only charting on the 'US Billboard Adult Contemporary chart', where it became a success reaching the top 20. One of the goals required for this track was for Christina to hit the E5 note, the song's highest note & after successfully hitting it, she noted that it was the note that changed her life & the rest was history. The track is the definitive center-piece of the movie itself & proves to be a good starting point for Miss Aguilera who nails every beat & emotion that's needed for this, & despite not writing it herself, every word rings true & even at this very early stage, she's already showing signs of a star.

#21. Let There Be Love | 6.8

Highest Scores: 10: (Nina West), Lowest Scores: 3.5; (Scene)

Just outside the top 20 at the #21 position is our final wildcard entry Let There Be Love, a track featured on her 7th studio album Lotus, & garnered positive critical reviews & even had a music video made for it with cameo appearances from Nicole Richie, Christina Milian, Chris Mann, Aguilera's son Max Bratman and her current boyfriend Matthew Rutler. The clip was released a few hours after she posted a 2000-word thank you message to fans on her official website on August 28, 2013. This led many to believe that this was gonna be the next album, but sadly it never happened, as this could have easily been a hit with its heavy dance beats & epic synth stabs, that could have easily faired much better than the album's 2nd single at the very least & been given a chance Internationally at the very least. So on the whole a really good club anthem that had so much wasted potential & could have been a nice addition to her discography.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jun 27 2020, 01:23 AM
Post #35
Group icon
The results so far #21-#40:

21. Let There Be Love - 6.8
22. Reflection - 6.785
23. Tell Me (ft P-Diddy) - 6.636
24. Fall in Line (ft Demi Lovato) - 6.5
25. Express - 6.425
26. Twice - 6.357
27. Tilt Ya Head Back (ft Nelly) - 6.043
28. Bionic - 6.023
29. Fall on Me (ft A Great Big World) - 5.952
30. Just a Fool (ft Blake Shelton) - 5.904
31. Moves Like Jagger (ft Maroon 5) - 5.891
32. Car Wash (ft Missy Elliot) - 5.847
33. Say Something (ft A Great Big World) - 5.804
34. Show Me How You Burlesque - 5.785
35. Woohoo (ft Nicki Minaj) - 5.761
36. Feel this Moment (ft Pitbull) - 5.363
37. Like I Do - 5.357
38. Accelerate (ft Ty Dolla Sign & 2 Chainz) - 5.238
39. I Hate Boys - 5.238
40. We Remain - 5.047

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jun 27 2020, 01:24 AM
Post #36
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Surprised at Reflection leaving!

I really thought I Turn To You would leave first from her debut album.

Let There Be Love sounded huge though. Could’ve definitely been bigger than Your Body had it been pushed. It’s kinda basic and generic by her standards but it does sound extremely radio friendly and commercial for the time of its release.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jun 27 2020, 01:30 AM
Post #37
Group icon
The top 20 will be posted in one's, & the next to leave will be a 'Back To Basic's' track, any guesses....

+Quote this post
Scene
post Jun 27 2020, 04:58 AM
Post #38
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
Oh Mother or Slow Down Baby? kink.gif

+Quote this post
vibe
post Jun 27 2020, 09:54 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Reflection is too low !!!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 27 2020, 11:22 AM
Post #40
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
'I Turn To You' rightfully slaying my expectations! WHAT A TRACK. So gorgeous (I suspect it'll be 17-19 but I'm still calling that a victory for that track tbh. SO underrated)

No huge surprises really, although I'd have guessed MLJ being a "shock" early elimination, I didn't expect it that early. Deserved x

'Reflection' is about in the right position tbh. Stick to the more subdued yet powerful original of one of the greatest Disney tracks of all time.

+Quote this post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:56 AM