BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> General Election 2017, 8th June
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post Apr 18 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #21
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
QUOTE(Irn Broot @ Apr 18 2017, 12:34 PM) *
Thing is, even if Corbyn actually resigns, the last two leadership contests have shown that there's not a strong leader in Labour who is prepared to be the leader unless someone who is currently unelected is that.

Quite, I mean, it can hardly get worse than Corbyn but unless someone else truly steps up to the plate, there's not a lot better. Though they will have five years now to get better, if that's even long enough.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Apr 18 2017, 11:56 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
I'm hoping someone rises to the challenge of a picture of Mrs May as the Wicked Witch Of The West.

Also hoping for a bucket of water. tongue.gif

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post Apr 18 2017, 12:13 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,342
As a Conservative voter and pro-Brexit, June 8th will be a sublime day. G'won Theresa May, you courageous person.

+Quote this post
LexC
post Apr 18 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342
Bare minimum this should FINALY kill off Corbyn (he said desperately)

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Apr 18 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
QUOTE(irn_brube @ Apr 18 2017, 12:11 PM) *
It seems like such an odd waste of resources though to fight two elections a month apart. Surely they will just wait until GE day?

It's a question of whether the by-election can be abandoned. That was the reason it went ahead in 1979. Unsurprisingly, the turnout in that by-election was very low.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Apr 18 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 01:13 PM) *
As a Conservative voter and pro-Brexit, June 8th will be a sublime day. G'won Theresa May, you courageous person.

How is it courageous to call an unnecessary election when comfortably ahead in the opinion polls? It's more like an act of cowardice, fearing the potential loss of that lead as things get steadily worse over the next few years.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Apr 18 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #27
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
I don't blame her for having an election. If you were in such a strong opposition and able to extend your majority and basically finish off the biggest opposition party, of course would do it laugh.gif It just sucks that it's the hard brexit inflicting Tories that are in this position :/

+Quote this post
Harve
post Apr 18 2017, 12:48 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718
QUOTE(Emperor Silas @ Apr 18 2017, 12:00 PM) *
I think the SNP will slide to 50. Moray and the borders will go Tory and NE Fife will go LibDem. Edinburgh is anyone's guess but I'd bet on SNP 50, Tory 7, LD 2

SEVEN pls no. Moray, Berwickshire, West Aberdeenshire, Dumfriesshire, two Edinburgh seats? I hope they don't get that many...

+Quote this post
Qassändra
Post #29
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 01:13 PM) *

Nothing says 'courage' like calling a general election when you have a 20 point lead in the polls.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
Post #30
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
Scarily, we are only one Ken Clark-attack away from Dennis Skinner holding that role (Father of The House). If he does take on that mantle after the next election, well, let's just say that the swearing in of the Speaker will be very interesting indeed.

Ken Clark's not standing. Presuming that Dennis Skinner does run, and does win his constituency, one suspects that the swearing-in ceremony may not run as planned.

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post Apr 18 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 18 2017, 01:36 PM) *
How is it courageous to call an unnecessary election when comfortably ahead in the opinion polls? It's more like an act of cowardice, fearing the potential loss of that lead as things get steadily worse over the next few years.

Things are NOT going to get steadily worse over the next few years, the UK will be more richer, more open, and more independent. And yes Theresa May is courageous, you're afraid that the people will get a chance to speak and will make their voice heard by giving the Conservatives a HUGE majority thus ending this nonsense of Brexit regret. I can't wait to see the liberal left become even more irrelevant in the UK, this general election has come at the perfect time and announced on this beautiful sunny day here in the south west. cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 18 2017, 01:30 PM
Post #32
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Do you want to see a one party state?

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post Apr 18 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Irn Broot @ Apr 18 2017, 02:30 PM) *
Do you want to see a one party state?

Lol, and this is coming from someone in Scotland. How's it going with SNP.

+Quote this post
Brer
post Apr 18 2017, 01:35 PM
Post #34
Group icon
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
User: 8,300
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 02:33 PM) *

Omg this!!! How's it in Scotland Froot??

I mean I'm obviously in Iceland rn so I guess I can't comment on this election at all ~

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Apr 18 2017, 02:03 PM
Post #35
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

You didn't answer the question?

I've never lived in Scotland so that's an irrelevant comment in terms of a response to me. My flag on a website is changed because of the Teams thing in the Lounge.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Apr 18 2017, 02:27 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(PeaceMob @ Apr 18 2017, 01:52 PM) *
Things are NOT going to get steadily worse over the next few years, the UK will be more richer, more open, and more independent. And yes Theresa May is courageous, you're afraid that the people will get a chance to speak and will make their voice heard by giving the Conservatives a HUGE majority thus ending this nonsense of Brexit regret. I can't wait to see the liberal left become even more irrelevant in the UK, this general election has come at the perfect time and announced on this beautiful sunny day here in the south west. cheer.gif

If you're so certain things are going to get better, then how is it courageous to call an election now? Surely the courageous thing to do would be to show faith in that forecast by leaving the election until 2020.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Apr 18 2017, 03:15 PM
Post #37
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

Why didn't you say you were Scottish Froot? ohmy.gif

As someone who does come from Scotland, I can say it most certainly isn't a one party state, most of the stuff you hear on Scottish TV about politics at the moment is one of Ruth/Kezia/Willie saying the same stuff over and over again, and 65 out of the 129 seats in the Scottish parliament DON'T belong to the SNP. The only reason they have such a monopoly on Scottish Westminster seats (where they've been doing a great job) is because of the undemocratic FPTP system which your beloved tories wholeheartedly support.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Apr 18 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
QUOTE(Harve @ Apr 18 2017, 01:48 PM) *
SEVEN pls no. Moray, Berwickshire, West Aberdeenshire, Dumfriesshire, two Edinburgh seats? I hope they don't get that many...

Yeah that's the places. I'd love a shut out but realistically I think there isn't enough SNP support in those areas to combat unionist tactical voting. Edinburgh is the one I can't call. It was firmly No but also hugely Remain. If it swings SNP then that's probably as good an indication as you'll get that IndyRef2 will be won

As someone from Scotland let me answer.

The new Forth Bridge is under budget, the new M8 is opening early. Glasgow has a brand new super hospital. Most of the hospitals and schools are modern new buildings

NHS performance thrashes rUK on every single god damn metric possible. Satisfaction is up to record levels

Attainment is on the rise, school pass rates are higher than ever. We managed to avoid a Jnr doctor strike oh and our dispute with Scotrail lasted weeks not months.

After a decade in power getting on with the day job things are going well. There's challenges and things could be better if there was more powers to play with over the economy but given the decimation of the Oil industry it could be much worse we're the unionists in power.

+Quote this post
PeaceMob
post Apr 18 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
QUOTE(Emperor Silas @ Apr 18 2017, 04:17 PM) *
Yeah that's the places. I'd love a shut out but realistically I think there isn't enough SNP support in those areas to combat unionist tactical voting. Edinburgh is the one I can't call. It was firmly No but also hugely Remain. If it swings SNP then that's probably as good an indication as you'll get that IndyRef2 will be won
As someone from Scotland let me answer.
The new Forth Bridge is under budget, the new M8 is opening early. Glasgow has a brand new super hospital. Most of the hospitals and schools are modern new buildings

NHS performance thrashes rUK on every single god damn metric possible. Satisfaction is up to record levels
Attainment is on the rise, school pass rates are higher than ever. We managed to avoid a Jnr doctor strike oh and our dispute with Scotrail lasted weeks not months.

After a decade in power getting on with the day job things are going well. There's challenges and things could be better if there was more powers to play with over the economy but given the decimation of the Oil industry it could be much worse we're the unionists in power.

Wow, looks like things are going really well in Scotland thanks to the SNP. Let's see if they lose any seats in the election then.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Apr 18 2017, 03:51 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
Meanwhile the Tories are destroying the country whilst lining their coiffers. This is a disaster. Who votes those sneaky eyed nhs destroyers into power anyway!! They support the top %, be damned the rest.

We need PR NOW. FPTP is undemocratic, just like a 50% referendum. It ignores the true will of ALL the people.

+Quote this post

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:53 PM