BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poland · Eurovision Song Contest 2016, Michał Szpak - Color Of Your Life
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post Oct 5 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #1
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Poland
Michał Szpak - Color Of Your Life

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Oct 5 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #2
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Member No.: 11,955

Polish broadcaster TVP approved budgetting for Eurovision 2016 ages ago, but now they’ve officially released a statement saying they will indeed travel to Stockholm. Furthermore, it has been confirmed that Poland will once again opt for an internal selection.

Ever since returning in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2014, Poland has selected internally, resulting in a qualification for the final in both 2014 and 2015. The question is who will represent Poland in Stockholm. Popular choices Margaret and Sylwia Grzeszczak have both basically ruled out participation. Margaret has said she believes she is not the most suitable artist to defend the Polish colours. As for Sylwia… Well she’s pregnant and has cancelled all her plans, so we can rule her out too.

That leaves a couple of names we could discuss in order to answer the question who will represent Poland.

http://escxtra.com/2015/10/05/tvp-opts-for...ble-candidates/

Hopefully they go for a Slavic Girls-esque pop banger!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 27 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

A big turnaround at TVP as it has been announced they are going for a national final on March 5th!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 10 2016, 09:52 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Various artists have announced their participation in this national final, or at least that they have submitted something to it, and these include Edyta Gorniak, Margaret, Natalia Szroeder and Renata Wolkiewicz.

Margaret's song, you will know her from BJSC if you didn't know her already, is apparently called 'Cool Me Down' and is rumoured to be produced by Arash of Azerbaijan 2009 fame - very excited for that!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 16 2016, 06:39 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

And the national finalists are:

1. Natalia Szroeder - Lustra
2. Edyta Górniak - Grateful
3. Taraka - In the Rain
4. Aleksandra Gintrowska - Missing
5. Michał Szpak - Color of You Life
6. Margaret - Cool Me Down
7. Kasia Moś - Addiction
8. Dorota Osińska - Universal
9. Napoli - My Universe

Very excited for Margaret but oh my at Napoli!!! laugh.gif They admitted to rigging the Belarusian selection (but Ivan rigged it more successfully), will they do it again in Poland?

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 16 2016, 06:43 PM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Margaret *.*

+Quote Post
LexC
post Feb 16 2016, 06:45 PM
Post #7
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Member No.: 5,342

LMAO at Napoli, probably stocking up on Polish SIM cards as we speak!

+Quote Post
LexC
post Feb 16 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #8
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Member No.: 5,342

'Cool Me Down' premiers in full tomorrow (there's snippets in various places) and it's currently the red hot favourite.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 16 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Cool Me Down is very Rihanna, well the reggae-pop Rihannawe wish we all still had before her experimental phase. Not sure she's red hot favourite, Edyta is held in very very high regard it seems after her Eurovision 2nd place 22 (!) years ago and one of them is a recent Voice winner I think (Dorota?).

But Margaret is definitely the biggest current star I should think, and her song is produced by Arash (of Always fame) so hopefully she has a big label and budget backing her!

+Quote Post
p a v
post Feb 16 2016, 07:18 PM
Post #10
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

edyta showing them HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE *.* she isn't the current record holder for poland in ESC for no reason~

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 17 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Cool Me Down is so good oh my, just heard its live radio premiere! Very Rihanna in the verses and middle eight, and very 'Hey Mama' in the chorus. If this was last on in a Melodifestivalen heat people would be screaming Melodifestivalen winner at this, and therefore suggesting a Eurovision winning contender! (I am comparing it to Melodifestivalen as it is a Swedish-produced song I believe, Arash being one composer for example)

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 17 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Argh Cool Me Down is available exclusively on TIDAL at the moment (at least in Poland)!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 17 2016, 05:47 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Stream on this webpage in HQ!

+Quote Post
werewolfPL
post Feb 17 2016, 06:10 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 17,552
   No Gallery Pics

Polish singer-songwriter and fashion bloger Margaret is back with the lead single for her second studio album. Track will take part in National Final, which take place in Warsaw on March 5th, to represent Poland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in Stockholm.

LISTEN HERE

Any thoughts? wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif teresa.gif

This post has been edited by werewolfPL: Feb 17 2016, 06:11 PM

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 17 2016, 06:18 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

It's amazing, very Rihanna with a touch of 'Hey Mama' in the chorus! I'm hyping it so much in the Poland Eurovision thread. heart.gif

Being from Poland (I assume!), what do you think her chances are of winning the national final? Of course Edyta is a big name, and I believe she is a coach on The Voice, but would you say Margaret has a good chance of winning?

+Quote Post
werewolfPL
post Feb 17 2016, 06:31 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 17,552
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Ryan. @ Feb 17 2016, 07:18 PM) *
It's amazing, very Rihanna with a touch of 'Hey Mama' in the chorus! I'm hyping it so much in the Poland Eurovision thread. heart.gif

Being from Poland (I assume!), what do you think her chances are of winning the national final? Of course Edyta is a big name, and I believe she is a coach on The Voice, but would you say Margaret has a good chance of winning?

I believe that it is going to be between Margaret and Edyta, with the first one winning.
Yes, Edyta is a huge name here, BUT she has not put anything remarkable when it comes to music lately. People will vote for Edyta just because she came 2nd 22 years ago, but with her bad press as a diva and average song, I think it is not going to happen for her this time.

Margaret is #1 singer in Poland at the moment, she has a huge fanbase and everyone wants her there, so I guess (and hope) that she will be our entry. yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

+Quote Post
Roba.
post Feb 17 2016, 06:32 PM
Post #17
Rob aah
Member No.: 3,804
   No Gallery Pics

I'll check this out shortly but awesome news that she's representing Poland in Eurovision this year. It can only be as good if not better than 'Heartbeat' wub.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 17 2016, 06:37 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(werewolfPL @ Feb 17 2016, 06:31 PM) *
I believe that it is going to be between Margaret and Edyta, with the first one winning.
Yes, Edyta is a huge name here, BUT she has not put anything remarkable when it comes to music lately. People will vote for Edyta just because she came 2nd 22 years ago, but with her bad press as a diva and average song, I think it is not going to happen for her this time.

Margaret is #1 singer in Poland at the moment, she has a huge fanbase and everyone wants her there, so I guess (and hope) that she will be our entry. yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Sounds very promising, thank you for the information! biggrin.gif Do keep us informed if this does well on radio airplay charts or whatever you guys use to determine success in Poland!

QUOTE(Rob S~ @ Feb 17 2016, 06:32 PM) *
I'll check this out shortly but awesome news that she's representing Poland in Eurovision this year. It can only be as good if not better than 'Heartbeat' wub.gif

I love Heartbeat, but I think this is even better! wub.gif We can only hope she represents Poland, but she'll have to win the national final first!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Feb 17 2016, 07:08 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Along with Arash this song is produced by Anderz Wrethov, who has 3 songs in Melodifestivalen this year: 'We Are Your Tomorrow', 'Bada Nakna' (Rob suddenly excited!) and 'Kizunguzungu' (which was also produced by Arash as well).

+Quote Post
Qassändra
post Feb 17 2016, 09:00 PM
Post #20
DROTTNING!
Member No.: 480
   No Gallery Pics

The QASS JURY has DELIBERATED

And is ON BOARD *.*

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:21 AM