BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'It Follows', Already being named the scariest film of 2015.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Dec 18 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

So this is getting quite a bit of hype surrounding it. It looks genuinely scary though, so I can see why! Maika Monroe was fantastic in 'The Guest' and this looks to be even better from her and she's proving herself to be one of the better breakout stars. Can't wait to see it!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 5 2015, 08:07 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
I saw this a few days ago. It was actually decent! One of the better horrors in recent years. It wasn't "amazing" or "scary" (definitely freaky in some parts though) but it was worth the watch if you're a horror fan! Loved the concept and I didn't think it was cliched or cheesy in any way! A solid 7 out of 10 from me!

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post Mar 6 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053
I also enjoyed this, creepy in parts but kept an interesting storyline throughout.

The ending was a bit of a letdown though!

+Quote this post
JSG
post Mar 6 2015, 07:52 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 18,473
Is this out already ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 6 2015, 07:55 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
QUOTE(JSG @ Mar 6 2015, 07:52 PM) *
Is this out already ohmy.gif

Yes, it came out last Friday smile.gif

+Quote this post
JSG
post Mar 6 2015, 09:12 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 18,473
I really want to see it.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Mar 6 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
can't wait to see this!

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Mar 8 2015, 12:20 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
It was just okay, felt a bit of a letdown for me personally sad.gif.

I really liked the concept but it could have been executed far better. As far as recent horrors go I preferred The Pyramid, You're Next and The Purge: Anarchy.

+Quote this post
post Mar 8 2015, 09:24 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Yeah. I am with Jack here. It had a great style and the music was great, I enjoyed the throwback element, but it didn't ever really take off for me. I was expecting a lot better given the reviews have been outstanding.

My main issue is that it just wasn't scary enough.

This post has been edited by Joe.: Mar 8 2015, 09:24 AM

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Jan 30 2016, 02:12 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"It Follows" is a horror film that was released in mycountry at the end of August. Initially, it participated in the “Interantional Critics' Week” section of last year's Cannes Film Festival and it was screened at several other film festivals worldwide. One of them was the 20th Athens International Film Festival - Opening Nights! I was very curious about the content of the film because I knew that it had received very positive reviews from experts in the film industry. However, I have learned to hold all reservations when this happens since that normally is the opposite.
The central character of the story is Jay, a college student, who dates an unknown boy her age. When they have sex, he will pass on to her a supernatural threat, which is transmitted only through sexual intercourse. From that moment on, Jay will be constantly pursued by ghostly and scary figures, which only she is able to see them. Her sister and two mutual friends will be those who will help her to put an end in this tragic situation. "It Follows" had some dramatic scenes, but in no way is it one of the best films of its kind. It moves at a slow pace and it has a few scenes with suspense. However, it is based on an original idea. It does stand out from other films in its class. The American David Robert Mitchell undertook the directorial piece of this film since he wrote the script. In his own words, "It Follows"contains some of the experiential data on nightmares he had in his childhood. "It Follows" is his second feature film and it managed to pique the interest of the viewers as it was discussed quite a lot on movie sites. Despite this, its directing was simple and the interpretations were not very good. Perhaps, because of these results, we can see the importance that the role of the instrunctions by the director are. However, Maika Monroe was good in the protagonist role. Moreover, "It Follows" had quite good photography and interesting soundtrack which reminded me of somehow "Drive".
I wouldn't say that I was crazy with the overall effect of the movie and for this reason I have mixed feelings about its content. It wasn't a great film, but it was not too bad as well. I recognize the fact that it is based on an original story that has allegorical significance but it could have had a more frightening evolution. At some points it seemed very amateurish and the lack of technical effects were evident. "It Follows" cost only $2 million but it managed to collect more than $17 million worldwide! It was loved by many fans of its genre and there are many critics who believe that it will be classic over the years.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:28 AM