BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Time To Die, Bond, James Bond
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post Jan 14 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #21
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Billie Eilish has been named as the artist behind the theme for the upcoming James Bond film No Time To Die.

The news, confirmed by 007 themselves on Twitter, makes Billie the youngest act to ever write and record a Bond theme. Sam Smith, who released Writing's On The Wall for the last Bond film Spectre, was 23 years old at the time.

"It feels crazy to be a part of this in every way," Billie said. "To be able to score the theme song to a film that is part of such a legendary series is a huge honour. James Bond is the coolest film franchise ever to exist. I’m still in shock”.

James Bond

@007
The #NoTimeToDie title song will be performed by @billieeilish. Billie has written the song with her brother @finneas and is the youngest artist in history to write and record a James Bond theme song.

View image on Twitter
4:02 PM - Jan 14, 2020

As mentioned in the tweet above, the new Bond theme was co-written by Billie's brother Finneas. The pair worked together exclusively on her chart-topping debut album, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?

Finneas added: "Writing the theme song for a Bond film is something we’ve been dreaming about doing our entire lives. There is no more iconic pairing of music and cinema than the likes of Goldfinger and Live And Let Die. We feel so so lucky to play a small role in such a legendary franchise, long live 007."

While the Bond theme is an integral part of British music and film, you may be surprised at how they've performed on the charts. Just one has topped the Official UK Chart - Sam Smith's Writing's On The Wall.

Before that, Adele's Skyfall (2012) and Duran Duran's A View To Kill (1985) were near-misses, both reaching Number 2. Look back at where every James Bond theme has charted in the UK.

No Time To Die is in theatres globally from April 2 2020.

Source: OCC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Mar 4 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

OH f*** OFF.

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Mar 4 2020, 05:52 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,585

Wow that’s quite a push back! But understandable, I heard on the news earlier today that there were rumbles of pushing back major releases

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Mar 4 2020, 05:54 PM
Post #24
A dead mouse (from my cat)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771

I'm pretty sure Bond in particular is a franchise that makes quite a lot of money from Chinese cinemas.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 4 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #25
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

I think there was a report saying they might actually bring the release forward a few weeks, but this could be the right move for them. That time of year is usually amazing for box office and they'll know more about the details of Coronavirus by that point, so will be able to adjust.

It's sad, but I understand. sad.gif

The Box Office numbers are gonna br disastrous this year irregardless sof what releases there are. Argh </3

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Mar 4 2020, 07:05 PM
Post #26
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

It’s a bit irritating though. I’m paying monthly for a Cineworld card, what am I supposed to do if all releases end up getting pushed back for this reason?

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Mar 4 2020, 07:07 PM
Post #27
BuzzJack Idol

An overly competitive Q4 market could be a hindrance to some films (perhaps not for a brand as established as the Bond franchise but other films are surely going to be overlooked).

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 4 2020, 07:14 PM
Post #28
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

I saw rumours of this a few days ago but didn't think it'd acc happen ohmy.gif So much of the territories where Spectre made big money are places that have cinemas shut down cos of coronavirus so I'm not too shocked.

I wonder if anything else will be moved? I low-key would've been worried about Mulan but I feel were a tiny bit too close to release for that to be moved back. Black Widow maybe? Fast 9? Tbh this summer is kinda lacking on big blockbusters so I don't think we're gonna have too much off an effect on releases unless coronavirus gets a lot worse, which yeah...

+Quote Post
Hadji
post Mar 4 2020, 08:17 PM
Post #29
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,386
   No Gallery Pics

Seeing as that’s been pushed back, they should instead release the new Trolls that week in place seeing as that got pushed back to 13th April from 20th March for no reason

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 4 2020, 08:28 PM
Post #30
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

QUOTE(Hadji @ Mar 4 2020, 08:17 PM) *
Seeing as that’s been pushed back, they should instead release the new Trolls that week in place seeing as that got pushed back to 13th April from 20th March for no reason

Nah Trolls is perfect where it is, it's taking advantage of the Easter half term and releasing on the 20th March will be up against another big release taking screens (A Quiet Place 2) and then running into two direct competitions the next week (Peter Rabbit 2 and Mulan). Maybe a push up to Friday 10th wouldn't hurt it but any earlier is a mistake

EDIT: they've just moved Trolls 2 up a week in America to 10th April (Bond's original US release date) so I wouldn't be surprised if they push it forward a couple days here

+Quote Post
Hadji
post Mar 4 2020, 09:35 PM
Post #31
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 21,386
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(FUTURE NOSTALGIA @ Mar 4 2020, 08:28 PM) *
Nah Trolls is perfect where it is, it's taking advantage of the Easter half term and releasing on the 20th March will be up against another big release taking screens (A Quiet Place 2) and then running into two direct competitions the next week (Peter Rabbit 2 and Mulan). Maybe a push up to Friday 10th wouldn't hurt it but any earlier is a mistake

EDIT: they've just moved Trolls 2 up a week in America to 10th April (Bond's original US release date) so I wouldn't be surprised if they push it forward a couple days here

It wouldn’t hurt them to release Trolls a week earlier. Another reason it would make sense to release it on the 3rd is that there’s no major releases then and that incase any adults wanna watch it and they could take advantage of watching it outside of the Easter holidays as some of them might wanna watch it when it’s quiet

This post has been edited by Hadji: Mar 4 2020, 09:39 PM

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post May 7 2020, 02:17 PM
Post #32

Seems Tom Hardy is becoming the hot favourite for the Bond role, due to rave reviews of his upcoming movie Capone.

This will get my seal of approval biggrin.gif he does have Mad Max 2 and Taboo Season 2 in the pipeline, it could be a long wait for the next Bond movie unless one of the other actors from James Norton, Tom Hiddleston, Richard Maddon and still in the running Idris Elba.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post May 7 2020, 02:23 PM
Post #33
BuzzJack Idol

I don't really have anyone in mind for the next Bond. All the names seem either too well known like Tom Hardy or Idris Elba or have only been suggested because they wore a tuxedo or nice suit in a drama like Tom Hiddleston or James Norton.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Sep 3 2020, 11:44 AM
Post #34
BuzzJack Idol

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Sep 19 2020, 04:19 PM
Post #35

The casting decision has been made, Tom Hardy seems to be the successor to Daniel Craig, and adds that the public announcement to be revealed, is expected towards the end of 2020 or in early 2021.

Source: The Vulcan Reporter, whatever that is.

https://www.thevulcanreporter.com/exclusive...new-james-bond/

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Oct 2 2020, 08:17 PM
Post #36
BuzzJack Idol

Delayed AGAIN! laugh.gif 2 April 2021 is the new date.

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Oct 2 2020, 09:42 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(Liam.k. @ Oct 2 2020, 09:17 PM) *
Delayed AGAIN! laugh.gif 2 April 2021 is the new date.

I've just read an article on it laugh.gif and its the first ever Bond film to be released around Easter Weekend ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Oct 3 2020, 08:00 AM
Post #38
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

oh that is annoying, unexpected seeing as they just released the Billie Eilish music video too.
I guess it means they’ll have to do a new song for the opening as it’ll now be a year old when the film’s out.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Oct 3 2020, 10:30 AM
Post #39
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

I’m just so upset for cinema, things won’t get back to normal soon.

I’m thinking of getting rid of my Cineworld unlimited account

+Quote Post
crazy chris
post Oct 4 2020, 08:12 AM
Post #40
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 53
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Oct 3 2020, 11:30 AM) *
I’m just so upset for cinema, things won’t get back to normal soon.

I’m thinking of getting rid of my Cineworld unlimited account

All Cineworlds to close anyway.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:51 AM