BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
50 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Hollyoaks
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jark
post 12th February 2013, 02:53 AM
Post #41
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

I wonder if this means the end of student groups for a while. Kirkwood seems more focused on family units. I'm not complaining.

Sinead's expulsion was brilliant. Suddenly I think Patrick is quite fabulous. As vile as Sinead is though, and as overwhelmingly pleased as I'd be if she were to leave tomorrow and never return, at least her characterisation is consistent. I don't quite BUY Ruby's reformed saint routine.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 12th February 2013, 02:59 AM
Post #42
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Urgh, the student I most dislike is Barney! Hopefully his departure is announced too also. It's frustrating how underrated Annalise is. It's no loss that Rob is leaving the show though!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th February 2013, 12:13 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I agree with Jark about Sinead. Such an abhorrent character and just a generally vile person but Stephanie is a brilliant actress and at least she's consistent. I was thinking the same about Ruby, I don't get how she was as bad as Sinead and suddenly she develops a conscience and turns into a saint all of a sudden and totally turns on Sinead who she followed like a lapdog during the bullying.

It's no real loss to see Rob leaving, although it's always sad to lose eye candy. Barney needs euthanising though, I agree with Lee - he's terrible manson.gif

+Quote this post
Torple
post 12th February 2013, 02:53 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Ego reputo vos es totus pilosus rectum
User: 35

I quite like Barney, who manages to be a rather sympathetic character despite being a cartoon. Certainly if we're talking ridiculous caricatures who Carmel is required to date, I'd much rather Barney over Jim McGinn.

I must say some of the casting changes haven't been filling me with confidence. If Kirkwood's idea of revamping the show is to axe cast members like Lacey, Rob and Annalise who were promising but simply underutilised, whilst bringing in the likes of Jim McGinn and a 35 year old Holly Cunningham, and trying to promote the Savages as a lead family, I fully expect yet another SLUMP in quality and ratings.

+Quote this post
jark
post 12th February 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #45
Group icon

I think Georgia who plays Lacey chose not to renew her contract rather than being axed. The other two in that spoiler are deadwood anyway.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 12th February 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #46
Group icon
🙄

Another departure announced!

Hollyoaks will kill off Texas Longford in a shock storyline twist later this year.

The student, played by Bianca Hendrickse-Spendlove, will die on her wedding day in a must-see episode - sparking a major whodunit mystery for the Channel 4 soap.
In the coming weeks, viewers will see Texas agree to marry Will Savage, still blissfully unaware that he has been manipulating her.
However, the couple's big day goes horribly wrong when Texas is pushed from a window and falls to her death - leaving fans to wonder who is responsible for the terrible crime.
Will is expected to be among the prime suspects as his behaviour has taken such a sinister turn in recent weeks.
Shortly after the New Year, Will fooled Texas into thinking that she had pushed him down the Chez Chez stairs. Since being left paralysed in the incident, he has been using emotional blackmail to win her affections.

James Atherton, who plays Will, has already warned that his character could be the village's next killer.

He said last month: "Will's dark side is going to spiral completely out of control. We'll have to see how much he can get away with. He used to be such a sweet bookish character, but that weird side was always there. We might have a new Silas on our hands!"
However, Digital Spy understands that a number of other characters will find themselves in the frame as part of the storyline.
Theresa McQueen (Jorgie Porter) will be in the mix of suspects as she has dated both Will and his brother Dodger. She also has a dark history of her own as she was unveiled as Calvin Valentine's killer in 2010.
A show source added: "There's a while to go before Texas and Will's big day arrives, and as the Hollyoaks fans already know, we have some new characters on the way. Any one of them could end up with a motive to kill Texas."

Anyone other than Silas would be an utter dissapointment

This post has been edited by WALL-E: 12th February 2013, 07:25 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th February 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

ohmy.gif Sounds an amazing storyline, but not Texas sad.gif With her and Mitzeeee leaving, I'm losing two favourites!

+Quote this post
jark
post 12th February 2013, 09:09 PM
Post #48
Group icon

Texas is your favourite? Wow!

She's widely hated although I quite like her. No big loss though.

Leanne, Barney, Dennis and Liberty also rumoured to be going, but nothing confirmed yet.

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 12th February 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

Seeing Amy back tonight has made my year <3

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 12th February 2013, 10:17 PM
Post #50
Group icon
🙄

Those four departing would be TERRIFIC. I used to really like Leanne but there will not be much use in her once Texas is killed off . It really does seem that Hollyoaks are getting rid of Deadwood, although this must be around 10+ people announcing their departure within the last month. Although I guess we're getting around 10 new names.

+Quote this post
Torple
post 12th February 2013, 11:32 PM
Post #51
Group icon

Bloody hell, will there be anybody left in Hollyoaks? On top of those already mentioned, I believe rumours are also still abounding over Tilly and Jen. It seems like Kirkwood really is killing off the students from the show, which is kind of a shame, as Hollyoaks' origins were student-focused, and however worthy the focus on families are it seems to be a step towards turning Hollyoaks into every other British soap that ever existed.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 13th February 2013, 12:27 AM
Post #52
Group icon
🙄

I just realised since Kirkwood has returned, 17 characters have been axed/not returning.

Rhys, Maddie, Jono, Neil, Lacey, Joel, Bart, Mitzeee, Brendan, Cheryl, Rob, Annalise, Texas and the other 4 if it's confirmed.

+Quote this post
jark
post 13th February 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #53
Group icon

It seems like a huge clear out when you see it written down like that, but let's not forget the HO cast was MASSIVE. The biggest of all the soaps with characters regularly not appearing for months. I think those days are over now and frankly any drama involving the likes of Frankie, Jack and Diane is far preferable to teen angst. I imagine they'll introduce at least one new sixth former and maybe a college group in the autumn. Oaks is looking very healthy at the minute.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 13th February 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #54
Group icon
🙄

QUOTE(Jark @ Feb 13 2013, 12:30 AM) *
It seems like a huge clear out when you see it written down like that, but let's not forget the HO cast was MASSIVE. The biggest of all the soaps with characters regularly not appearing for months. I think those days are over now and frankly any drama involving the likes of Frankie, Jack and Diane is far preferable to teen angst. I imagine they'll introduce at least one new sixth former and maybe a college group in the autumn. Oaks is looking very healthy at the minute.

Oh, I totally agree. You still have Ruby, Esther, George, Tilly?, Pheobe, Dylan all at sixth form. I think a new college group needs introduced. Although we have 5 males coming as part of Gillian's family being introduced, one of them could easily go to college.

I don't know where everything leaves characters such as Will etc. I wonder who the new owners of Che Chez is going to be? Maybe Claire Devine?

+Quote this post
Torple
post 13th February 2013, 12:56 AM
Post #55
Group icon

Further thought on the Texas death. The report suggests a focus on Will or Theresa as the killer. Whilst frankly I'd rather Theresa because surely two murders should be enough to GET HER OFF MY SCREEN (seriously, 17 axings and she still survives?), I do wonder if this will be used to usher in a "surprise" Silas return?

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 13th February 2013, 01:19 AM
Post #56
Group icon
🙄

QUOTE(Shoat @ Feb 13 2013, 12:56 AM) *
Further thought on the Texas death. The report suggests a focus on Will or Theresa as the killer. Whilst frankly I'd rather Theresa because surely two murders should be enough to GET HER OFF MY SCREEN (seriously, 17 axings and she still survives?), I do wonder if this will be used to usher in a "surprise" Silas return?

But apparently it's going to be a who dunnit? I think Silas murdering Texas would be a fitting way for her exit. I still think Silas murdering Lynsey would have been much more fitting over Dr Browning.

+Quote this post
jark
post 13th February 2013, 02:03 AM
Post #57
Group icon

I think Silas getting Lynsey would've been a huge slap in the face for the viewers considering Lynsey was our hero throughout that story, and the only person to have seen his true colours. Much better for it to be Browning.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 14th February 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #58
Group icon
🙄

EMOTIONAL WRECK.

THANK GOD SHE DID NOT DIE

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 18th February 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #59
Group icon
🙄

Urgh, Mitzeee's leaving on Friday and Annalise today! Two of my favourite characters leaving within the same week.

+Quote this post
jark
post 18th February 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #60
Group icon

Annalise's exit was the very DEFINITION of afterthought. She and Rob have hardly been seen for months prior to tonight! Oh well.

+Quote this post

50 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 06:58 AM