BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
43 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Australian Reality TV
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 8th February 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #261
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes, but I had to ditch IAC.. too much of an investment.. I don't think I could keep up with my vacation in a few weeks. I have already fallen behind.
I loved the cast tho. Ash has always been amazing. Tziporah's story was interesting in the episodes I watched. NAT BASS and Casey were also brilliant.
Still sticking with MKR Australia, one of my favorite Aussie RTV shows. I hate the Instant Restaurant rounds, they're always so played out. But this first round has been interesting - 3 record breakers so far.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 8th February 2017, 01:56 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 8th February 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #262
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I am loving it, I am getting busier with uni so I may fall behind too but I'm gonna try and keep up laugh.gif Tziporah is a knob now, I don't think she'll last long once the eliminations start anyway.

Ash has to win, idk why I love her so much but even in mundane situations she is so amazing.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 15th February 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #263
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Omg ok some bitch from the Bachelor has gone in and Ash is gonna tear her a new one because she's pathetic and had a meltdown over having to get a star that had a bit of chilli smeared over it rotf.gif If anyone saw The Bachelor (I didn't but from what I understand) or is watching I'm A Celeb, you'll empathise with me on how f***ing pathetic Keira Maguire is. To think that Casey and Nazeem have done two eating trials and eaten all manner of shit for stars and she can't even handle a chilli.

I love how they always say "intruder" on Aussie shows, it kind of sets them up to fail by alienating them but human nature makes the contestants seem to hate all latecomers anyway laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Sarah
post 2nd March 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #264
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 763

Where are you guys watching IAC? its probably bit late to start watching now unless I can catch it up?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd March 2017, 11:09 PM
Post #265
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I've been watching on Youtube but the guy removes them after like a week for copyright sad.gif

https://www.youtube.com/user/k99rky/videos

Episodes 15 onwards are on there if you wanted to watch from there I guess, it is really good!

Ash, Casey, Tegan and Nat are all amazing, Casey has to win. She's just such a beautiful soul, she'd do anything for anyone and is just so warm and lovely.

+Quote this post
Sarah
post 2nd March 2017, 11:17 PM
Post #266
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

Thank you Liam, I will give it a go smile.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 3rd March 2017, 12:09 AM
Post #267
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

No worries! Let us know what you think, I hate the UK version (mostly because of Ant & Dec) but as always Australia makes it work, I just find that the way they construct the trials, do the highlights etc. is much better. It doesn't seem to always be the same people doing them, mostly because it's rare that there is a trial for just one person, I think there's only been one this series and that was when a newbie came in. So if there is one who always gets voted to do trials, they balance it by having different people alongside them and you can just focus on them.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 7th March 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #268
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

GOOD LORRRRRRRRRRRRRRD I HATE LISA CURRY

She reminds me of one of the older controlling women from Big Brother like the dreaded Carole drama.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd April 2017, 04:09 AM
Post #269
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Omg I could MURDER rn, someoen did an extremely late April Fools' that Channel 9 had revived BBAU and it would be on this fall.... The teaser they posted was BB Scandavia from like 2012 the comments identified, I was legit physically shaking it was back and then that :')

+Quote this post
Sarah
post 5th April 2017, 11:51 PM
Post #270
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I watched the whole of IAC and quite liked it..I only knew two of the celebs, Nat and Ash..also thought that the trials were better, putting the novelty items into a few was funny as they were often more scared of them then the actual living creatures laugh.gif liked the fact there were mainly two or more doing them and not the same people all the time and there seemed to be way more group trials too which was good..everyone seemed to just get on with them, Kira annoyed me though to the point she was so over the top it was funny especially with the whole chilli thing..I know I would have rather that then something far worse!! she did get better! the presenters were funny, one thing I didn't like was when that snake would pop up while they were presenting ohmy.gif I hate snakes!! The celebs are in the jungle for a lot longer than the UK one which I didn't know but yeah I enjoyed watching smile.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 6th April 2017, 02:17 AM
Post #271
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Glad you liked it! Aussies don't tend to massively overhaul reality TV but they always seem to do it so right. I just love the overall tone of I'm A Celeb, it doesn't take itself too seriously but it didn't try hard to be funny like I feel Ant and Dec sometimes do. I knew about 5 or 6 of the celebs but because it was such a great series I came to love pretty much all of them, my least faves were Tom, Lisa and Carson (probably the only three I didn't like) but I did find Keira grating towards the end and wasn't sad to see her go. Casey winning was fab, she is such a warm and lovely person and really needed/deserved it <3 Her, Nat and Ash were definitely my top 3 looking back, I stanned Ash so much when she was there but I think Casey and Nat pip her overall. I was so sad to see it end </3

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 6th April 2017, 02:19 AM
Post #272
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I opted out after the first week.. not shocked Casey won at all.
HOW. WAS. I. NOT. INFORMED. CARSON. WAS. ON. THIS. SEASON. Omg, I may go back and re-watch.
The boot order I'm reading sounds about right based on what I saw. Nazeem should have replaced Dane tho.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 6th April 2017, 02:29 AM
Post #273
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Carson was insufferable drama.gif One massive walking stereotype and so tedious.

Yeah they got the boot order so right by and large! I'd have had Ash and Tegan top 5 instead of Steve and Dane, but both of them made it a few places higher than I expected anyway, and I'd have Lisa as like second out. Apart from Ash and Tegan going a bit early for my liking and Lisa lasting too long (but I could see why they did), Aus chose very well! I loved all the top 5 anyway, Dane wasn't the most exciting but a stand-up bloke anyway.

God, talking about how right Australia get it (we'll ignore the last season of X Factor and the fact they let Ryan win the last series of BBAU drama.gif) is making me miss BBAU all over again </3 They need to try harder when their shows get into a bit of a dip, they seemed to kind of give up on both X Factor and BBAU. Well, they sort of simultaneously gave up caring but also threw way too much at it desperately, it was a mindf*** laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 8th April 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #274
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

That's unfortunate about Carson - I can see how he can be a bit much. He was just on The Celebrity Apprentice and was pretty annoying there.
Aussie RTV shows are always the best. They brought back Survivor after being off the air for ages and basically brought us one of the best seasons of Reality TV ever.
I think if they're going to bring it back, they would absolutely need to follow the BBUS Structure. If MKR and Survivor has shown us anything, Australians can be extremely cutthroat. ITS TIME AUSTRALIA.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 5th July 2017, 09:10 PM
Post #275
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Watching MKR season7 and oh my days theres one c**t here making a pure mountain out of a hair being on the dish. Just pick it out you drama queen.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 8th July 2017, 02:38 PM
Post #276
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

MKR 7 > MKR 8. I struggled with this last season.
I'm also struggling with this season of Masterchef Australia. In the last 2 weeks there have been 10 episodes, but only 2 eliminations.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 20th August 2017, 07:22 PM
Post #277
Group icon
Queen of Soon

I adored the winners of MKR 7. I was so pleased for them and proud of them by the end. Grew to like Lauren a little more but she was still a proper weapons grade c**t.

I've just finished 2016 Masterchef Au and was so glad with the winner. 2017 has just started airing in the UK so I've just started that one. Haven't got a fave yet

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 20th August 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #278
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The last few weeks of Masterchef AU 2017 were better. I won't spoil anymore than that because if I do it would be very predictable.
We've got a network here that is marathoning older seasons of Masterchef AU - They're just onto Season 7 now.. at Marco Pierre White week :vom:
It was great not to see him this last season... but... I'm sure he will be back with Hells iamspamspamamiAU flopping.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 20th August 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #279
Group icon
Queen of Soon

Ugh I always just have to suck it up and brace myself for his weeks. He's such an arse. I must admit I'm not overly fond of Heston either.

Nigella however is a god. Same for Kylie.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 20th August 2017, 10:49 PM
Post #280
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Heston is usually alright, but, they didn't go all out for him this year like they have in the past. The network that runs Masterchef AU is basically bankrupt at this point.. we may not even get another season.

+Quote this post

43 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 12:38 AM