BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Charlie’s Angels • Soundtrack, 1st November 2019
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Oct 23 2019, 10:10 PM
Post #21
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

QUOTE(Medellíam @ Oct 19 2019, 09:32 AM) *
Guessing the Chaka Khan collab is a remake of 'Ain't Nobody'?

Just saw this tweet about it:

Exciting!

Also this is why the Dua collab fell through:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Oct 24 2019, 12:56 AM
Post #22
Julian Nial
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

Excited to hear "Mani" on Bad To You, also intrigued by the M-22 track!

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Oct 24 2019, 02:36 AM
Post #23
🙄
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,643

I’m surprised dua’s team pulled out wow, it would have done wonders for dua

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 24 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #24

Anitta's song 'Pantera' is out there - I'm preferring it to 'How It's Done', as solid as that was.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 27 2019, 11:37 PM
Post #25

A little under a week until we get this then! ohmy.gif feeling very hyped for all four of the unheard songs that Ariana is involved with vocally.

I feel like I'll particularly cherish this project because Ariana is really coming across as desperate for a break on social media lately, through multiple tweets. I think this'll be it for a good while - girl was even self-aware about overexposure.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 27 2019, 11:44 PM
Post #26
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Yeah and it couldn't be more deserved to anyone. She NEEDS that break. If she can, try and avoid paps etc.. Avoid even collaborating with people. I don't mind her writing songs for others in the mean time, but I just want her to recoup, rest and take a whole lot of time for herself. She's in the position now to take time off and have people miss her.

Come back with a NTLTC type pop masterpiece in middle to the end of 2021 and she'll be back on top (even if she wanted longer than that I'd be perfectly happy with it ofc!)

I'm looking forward to hearing the songs she did for this. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 27 2019, 11:54 PM
Post #27

I agree with you 100% Jonjo! The amount of material she's been involved with since 2018 (two entire eras of her own and several collaborations) and shows she's done in that time also (80+ so far and there's still more to go...), while still sounding impeccable - the girl is superhuman! She definitely needs time away (especially as she's now implied herself that she wants it) and then come back refreshed + bigger and better than ever.

I can't decide which one of these tracks I'm most excited for. I think my hype for 'Got Her Own' is probably the smallest, just because I already know what it's going to sound like - as there's a live version out there. Maybe the Chaka Khan collab as it's such amazing chance for top notch vocals and class. I really like the original 'Ain't Nobody' too, so I'm intrigued to see what they do with it. I do love Dua's style though, so knowing 'Bad To You' originally incorporated her excites me too. Then 'How I Look On You' is Ari's only solo moment on the record, so maybe she'll go in hard with that big chance to shine. Ahhhh. Bring on Friday!

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Oct 29 2019, 07:59 PM
Post #28
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

Ariana has said there’s not going to be any more singles from the soundtrack sad.gif

I do still imagine Bad To You will do well without being a single.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 30 2019, 09:22 AM
Post #29

Oh that's a shame! Mainly on the visuals front for me actually - 'Don't Call Me Angel' provided us with a really strong video, so it would've been cool to get at least one more. Both 'Side To Side' and 'Motivation' have great visuals so Ari, Nicki and Normani in a video together could've been a moment.

There are some clips out there of all the songs now:

+Quote Post
Jade
post Oct 31 2019, 05:28 PM
Post #30

Not too much longer to wait *.*

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Oct 31 2019, 05:49 PM
Post #31
Julian Nial
   No Gallery Pics

Mostly looking forward to hearing the full version of Bad To You, but seems like it's full of bangers!

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 1 2019, 08:47 AM
Post #32

I've only had the chance to shuffle a few songs on the way to work but one of them was 'How I Look On You' and I really liked the sound of that wub.gif

excited to listen in full later!

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Nov 1 2019, 12:29 PM
Post #33
Julian Nial
   No Gallery Pics

'How I Look On You' is my favourite of hers.

What's everyones favourite by her and in general from the Soundtrack? I can't get over the Kim/Kash/ALMA/Steff track, it's like Spice Girls 2019. Loving the M-22 track also, their production does very little wrong for me.

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Nov 1 2019, 12:45 PM
Post #34
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I was a little dissapointed in Bad To You. I liked Ariana/Nicki's parts but Normani didn't fit in the track well for me. I'm sure it will grow. The Chaka Khan collab was decent but it's the other two I really loved. How I Look On You is swell and Got Her Own is brilliant.

Current new Ariana ranking

1. How I Look On You
2. Got Her Own
3. Nobody
4. Bad To You

The non-Ariana tracks are all ok but not ones I see myself returning to.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 2 2019, 07:18 PM
Post #35
I found the love, I found the love in me
Member No.: 5,042

What's the official album link on Spotify? I'm struggling to find it and I am only finding playlists where people have added a random song no onegives a shit about in between each track :/

+Quote Post
LewisGT
post Nov 2 2019, 07:24 PM
Post #36
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Nov 2 2019, 07:18 PM) *
What's the official album link on Spotify? I'm struggling to find it and I am only finding playlists where people have added a random song no onegives a shit about in between each track :/

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 2 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Nov 2 2019, 07:18 PM) *

Voila:

(I still need to listen to this in full oops, flop, has been a busy couple of days - will do tomorrow!)

Edit: oh beaten to it laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 3 2019, 03:11 PM
Post #38

Got through the album today! This would be my ranking of everything:

01. Don't Call Me Angel
02. How I Look On You
03. Got Her Own
04. Bad To You
05. Pantera
06. Eyes Off You
07. Charlie's Angels Theme (Black Caviar Remix)
08. How It's Done
09. Nobody
10. Bad Girls (Gigamesh Remix)
11. Blackout

'Don't Call Me Angel' of course has the advantage of knowing it a lot better than the others. It's still holding up really well now, riding high a couple of months later in my personal chart at #3. 'How I Look On You' is THE ONE from the new Ariana songs <3 feels like it could slot in effortlessly in the 'thank u, next' track list. Both 'Got Her Own' and 'Bad To You' are fun bops - what surprised me most about the latter is that Nicki was the highlight! I particularly enjoyed the production switch-up during her part. I think the song gets better and better as it goes along - so Normani's part the weakest, then Ari in the middle and Nicki on top. 'Nobody' was the one Ari track that I found disappointing sad.gif the chorus was a lot more nondescript than I was expecting! I was surprised that it had nothing to do with 'Ain't Nobody' also. Anitta wins the award for strongest non-Ariana song, although M-22 ran it close as that's pretty banging. The chorus of 'How It's Done' is punchy and very Charli XCX-esque, but is let down a bit by Kash Doll and ALMA's parts for me. I found the 'Charlie's Angels' remix fun but the Donna Summer one was a bit pointless. Finally, 'Blackout' was pretty bland - would not be in a rush to hear that one again. All in all a strong project - happy to be really liking 3/4 of the new Ariana songs! Can only hope that 'Nobody' will be a slow burner.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 3 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #39
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

Bad To You is kinda terrible oops

Honestly I prefer Blackout to any of the Ari tracks! How I Look On You is definitely the best of hers though.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Nov 3 2019, 10:57 PM
Post #40
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

'How I Look On You' is blatantly just a reject from 'thank u, next' (sounds very similar in parts to 'break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored' in particular) but I'm liking it quite a bit, this is the sound I always like the most from her. I think the chorus kinda sounds like it's from a different song to the rest of it but it still works together well enough.

'Got Her Own' is pretty good too, not really crazy about anything else I've heard off this (I do still think 'Don't Call Me Angel' was good tho xx).

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:41 PM