BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Let's Get To It ● album discussion, 4th album ● 1991
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
aeroco
post 29th October 2022, 09:18 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 2,392

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Oct 29 2022, 09:19 PM) *
One per quarter would be good or even 1 every 6 months until tgey are all available.

Gives us chance to save, these vinyl reissues are becoming more expensive as demand rises. Of course sometimes they over supply so bargains can be had but it’s a risky strategy. Though it does make me chuckle how discounted Adele’s 30 is now….bet there’s loads of unsold stock.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 29th October 2022, 10:05 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

If they get released with a a decent price that doesnt fleece us fans id be happy to see them get released.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 30th October 2022, 12:56 AM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

QUOTE(aeroco @ Oct 29 2022, 10:18 PM) *
Gives us chance to save, these vinyl reissues are becoming more expensive as demand rises. Of course sometimes they over supply so bargains can be had but it’s a risky strategy. Though it does make me chuckle how discounted Adele’s 30 is now….bet there’s loads of unsold stock.

I think Team Kylie are well aware of not rinsing them fanbase too much - we have IP, then KC and then they’ll want all the coins saved for K16.

Agree with some of the vinyl discounts - they were selling the Amazon exclusive Adele vinyl for £11 the other week kink.gif

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 30th October 2022, 03:06 AM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Interesting to see how many formats the new album will get, maybe let's get to it vinyl in 2024.

+Quote this post
aeroco
post 30th October 2022, 07:54 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(___∆___ @ Oct 30 2022, 01:56 AM) *
I think Team Kylie are well aware of not rinsing them fanbase too much - we have IP, then KC and then they’ll want all the coins saved for K16.

Agree with some of the vinyl discounts - they were selling the Amazon exclusive Adele vinyl for £11 the other week kink.gif

Adele’s CD IS £2.40 or something ridiculous on Amazon…I’m sure they made a profit because she still sold well but so many stream these days instead. The physical market is limited and it’s mainly dedicated fans buying vinyl and CD. Though at least vinyl is growing.

Yep Kylie can’t keep releasing too much too quick, IP has done well because it’s special to us….KC I think they can get away with, good it has vinyl availability each year they don’t need to worry too much about selling all the stock in one year….but as we have seen with GLE, ID, and Extended, they produced a bit too much probably because of how all the Disco special vinyl was snapped up.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 30th October 2022, 02:52 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

The growth of the vinyl has been great to see as its getting more and more popular, I wonder will the cd format ever experience a rise in fortunes. I'm still a huge physical fan myself, I just love having a physical version of an album and I would like to keep building my kylie vinyl collection.
I do agree the IP felt special as we wanted it for so long plus it was a kylie album many of us felt got a raw deal so it's chart performance last week felt that bit extra special.

+Quote this post
HeadlessPostman
post 5th November 2022, 04:23 PM
Post #47
Group icon
New Entry
User: 162,204

Let’s Get To It is such a fantastic club album which is especially fascinating because it’s a made by a girl who just three years previous was singing about being Lucky Lucky Lucky in a bath.

She’d absorbed one of the most interesting moments in club culture, London in the early 90s, and insisted in finally being given the chance to get in a room with Mike Stock and make an album she would want to listen to.

I suppose it’s because she perceives the album wasn’t a huge hit, but it’s a shame it hasn’t had more love. It was the first record where she really settled down with one other person for three months, going into the same studio day in day out, the longest time by far that she’d continuously spent writing and recording an album up to that moment (weirdly ROL, and maybe even Kylie and Enjoy Yourself were made over longer periods because there were greater spaces between recording, but when you condense time she in the studio LGTI had much more time spent on it by Kylie.)

Moreover, a lot of people miss that she very likely crowrote No World Without You about Michael, and Mike Stock wrote Word Is Out about the situation leading to their spilt. She was going through intense heartbreak still which she hid so well from the public too, which I’m sure had a huge impact on how she decided to present herself for that album as well.

As much as I find Kylie branching out to the US for Rhythm Of Love a great step forward, I think LGTI is far more interesting and the results all the more intriguing, even if Mike Stock wasn’t as lucky that time in writing four absolutely perfect singles as with ROL.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 6th November 2022, 12:58 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I'm a fan of 'Let's Get to It' too, I think 'Rhythm of Love' is easily the best of the PWL albums but I definitely prefer this album to her first two. I like the exploration of club music mixed with more soulful moments, I think that idea works for the most part (less so 'If You Were With Me Now' and 'No World Without You', but songs like 'Finer Feelings' and the title track work nicely next to the likes of 'Right Here Right Now' and 'Live & Learn'). I think what the album lacks in big pop moments like on the previous album, it makes up for in the subtle hooks of the different grooves and melodies; a lot of these songs really stick in my head after listening.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 14th April 2024, 06:27 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

32 (!) years since the 4the and final single from LGTI ‘Finer Feelings’ was released wub.gif

Absolutely loved the song then and now - it flopped in Australia (#60) and just missed the Top 10 here (#11).

TOTP Performance

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 14th April 2024, 06:42 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I have got to like finer feelings more over the years and like it way more now than back in the day. Looking back now finer feelings was a stepping stone to km94 as I think it wouldn't sound out of place on that album.

+Quote this post
BOOBA GRANDE
post 14th April 2024, 07:17 PM
Post #51
Group icon
You don't have to be fabulous to be good
User: 5,591

Finer Feelings has an amazing melody and is one of my favs from the PWL period. It is a shame it isn’t bigger!

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 14th April 2024, 07:22 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(perrobueno @ Apr 14 2024, 08:17 PM) *
Finer Feelings has an amazing melody and is one of my favs from the PWL period. It is a shame it isn’t bigger!

This! One of the highlights from the album for me and definitely shows Kylie in her grown up era.

+Quote this post
aeroco
post 14th April 2024, 07:38 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

The BIR remix led her to Confide in Me…one of her most accomplished singles. Finer Feelings definitely the least pop of all her PWL singles.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 15th April 2024, 07:04 AM
Post #54
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Kylie’s hair here laugh.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 15th April 2024, 08:51 AM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Apr 15 2024, 08:04 AM) *
Kylie’s hair here laugh.gif

rotf.gif rotf.gif

She’s had some interesting hair choices over the years, especially the weave for her DIA TOTP performance laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 15th April 2024, 09:04 AM
Post #56
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I actually love that hair! She looks so cute.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 15th April 2024, 11:37 PM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Finer Feeling with most of the Lets Get To It album really showed a completely different side to the talents of Pwl team.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 16th April 2024, 07:31 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

It was a very different album for pwl and the same could be said for lets get to it, i wonder had kylie stayed with pwl what kind of sound that album number 5 would have had as after a very different direction and many would say huge development with rhythm of love and lets get to it, it went full circle back the way with what kind of fool and celebration to promote the greatest hits album.

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 16th April 2024, 08:45 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Padamic Tension @ Apr 16 2024, 08:31 PM) *
it went full circle back the way with what kind of fool and celebration to promote the greatest hits album.

I always think it must have been much to Kylie’s dismay going with the very PWL sound of WKOF and then ending her time with them with ‘Celebration’ - at that point she probably wanted to see her contract done with so she could move on.

I remember being horrified at the time that ‘Celebration’ entered at #20 and stayed there for 2 weeks before free falling.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 16th April 2024, 09:12 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I'd say at the time those 2 songs were against her will and she just done them to fulfill the contract, I think I've read posts before here saying kylie isn't a WKOF fan herself so maybe that's the reason, celebration she obviously likes as it's got more than it's fair share of live performances from her. I was the same as you re it only making number 20 and out of the top 40 after week 2.
Both WKOF and celebration along with the let's get to it singles we're a strange time as her single success was so up and down but it was clear to be seen her popularity was falling.
Let's get to it completly missing the top 10 albums and not even close to making it was a pure sign kylie had made the right decision to move on.
Her greatest hits though going number 1 after that felt great though as it showed there was still plenty of love still out there for her.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 30th April 2024, 02:16 AM