BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Circle • Series 1, Channel 4 // 18th September
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 18th September 2018, 10:36 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I had to laugh at her hating social media but being a digital marketing manager, surely that involves a lot of social media? laugh.gif I'm wondering if she faked hating social media or really played it up so she'd be one of the archetype "anti x" contestants, a bit like when BB would often get people who'd say they don't watch TV or had never seen Big Brother... Faking to get on the show is a classic move.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 18th September 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Well this was absolutely tragic. As I expected, this won't do well or be interesting at all.

I like Sian, Genelle and Dan though from what I saw. Freddie is an absolute nightmare.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 18th September 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #23
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

It's a very intriguing concept, but yeah I'm struggling to see how this is going to remain interesting for the three weeks. I felt the idea of them going to the hangout was completely pointless too. I get that it obviously sparks different kinds of chats between them (in this case a catfish love interest), but hmm...

Freddie is so loud, but I can't help liking him. laugh.gif Going to give this a shot to see where things go, because this is inevitably going to be TRAGIC for Mitchell if things go any further between him and 'Kate'. kink.gif

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 18th September 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155

It definitely has potential I think, but I can’t see the ratings being very high for this, especially in a 10pm slot against Big Brother (lol).

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 18th September 2018, 11:29 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I think it might have been better to have this maybe twice weekly even, and then maybe they could have daily updates on All4 or on the app something if you did want to see more. The format has a lot of potential but it's piling too much on it right now to have it fill 3 weeks of a schedule. The casual viewer or person interested in the concept probably isn't going to want to watch every night at 10pm and those like us who are interested in reality TV are mostly going to prioritise BB (I certainly am), but I think there'd be a lot of a scope if they spread it out a bit more and had it weekly with less pressure, otherwise the ratings are going to bomb I'd have thought towards the end of this week unless they've got something fun up their sleeves but I really can't see what that would be laugh.gif

QUOTE(Calum @ Sep 19 2018, 12:20 AM) *
It's a very intriguing concept, but yeah I'm struggling to see how this is going to remain interesting for the three weeks. I felt the idea of them going to the hangout was completely pointless too. I get that it obviously sparks different kinds of chats between them (in this case a catfish love interest), but hmm...

Freddie is so loud, but I can't help liking him. laugh.gif Going to give this a shot to see where things go, because this is inevitably going to be TRAGIC for Mitchell if things go any further between him and 'Kate'. kink.gif

He's so gonna send a dick pic or start sexting or sth, I'm already cringing laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Calum
post 19th September 2018, 06:56 AM
Post #26
Group icon
nabad

QUOTE(Liаm @ Sep 19 2018, 12:29 AM) *
He's so gonna send a dick pic or start sexting or sth, I'm already cringing laugh.gif

Haha, I was wondering if they'd be allowed to send pictures like that in a private chat if things go in that direction, or if it'll all be kept strictly PG. It was hilarious how uncomfortable Alex already was with the whole situation when they were at the hangout.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 19th September 2018, 01:54 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

This launched with 1m

Incredibly poor ratings and Channel 4 will not be happy with that at all.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th September 2018, 02:15 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Oh dear, it's only going to get worse too laugh.gif That's abysmal with how much promo there was plus a Bake Off lead in! As I said it's definitely a mistake to have it daily as it's only going to burn out more. It's a shame that such an interesting format isn't going to work but it's definitely too much too soon.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 19th September 2018, 03:32 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

It’s on at 10pm from now on too!!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 19th September 2018, 06:04 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Channel 4 should have stayed with Big Brother.
That said, i have recorded the Circle and will be watching it later as the format interested me.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 20th September 2018, 01:03 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I have watched two episodes it's ok but very drawn out,Freddie is horrific though and I wanted him to go.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 20th September 2018, 02:47 AM
Post #32
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

So I just watched the second episode. The right person left I felt. That's a hard lie to sell and I felt she was out of her depth a bit.

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post 20th September 2018, 08:54 AM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Just 400k watched last night LMAO!!

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 20th September 2018, 10:31 AM
Post #34
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Eek, will probably go down as one of biggest TV flops.

It’ll have to quickly build up it’s audience otherwise I’d be surprised if it stays on for the full intended run.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 20th September 2018, 10:47 AM
Post #35
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Eek at the ratings

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th September 2018, 01:15 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Christ at these ratings, it's really a shame because I love the concept and the bits of the game are interesting am still going to watch for now but it really is a colossal flop given the push they gave it, the cost it must ensue (like the advertising push, having the building, their food etc.), I doubt it is worth taking up 3 weeks of Channel 4's schedule. Whilst BB is obviously dying, with it being the last series the reality TV crowd who *would* be interested in this are going to prioritise BB and maybe watch this on catch up or +1 (as I did). And when it's a new format like this that needs to build up hype and get an audience, it can't really afford that. I agree I can't see it staying on for the 3 weeks unless it builds up an audience or retains it. Otherwise how far will it fall, I dread to think laugh.gif It is a bit drawn out but I am still interested to see where it goes, I am liking the second guessing each other and the actual GAME is really interesting, I just think they should have maybe thought about how it is executed a bit more. The actual episodes so far have been a bit bloated with quite boring chit chat, and then there are 6 of them a week too which is a LOT of bloating to get to the interesting bits like the "influencers" and blockings. The discussions on politics and gender weren't really that interesting either tbh especially with half of them not even understanding... I think it could maybe just be half an hour episodes and only have one or two a week, it'd be just fine, but they're trying to bloat it right out with all this inane stuff and it just isn't the same as say Big Brother where they're all in each other's space and arguments happen a lot easier.

Just watched last night's, ngl Freddie is putting me off a lot more than anything about the format laugh.gif He's thick as shit, obnoxiously loud and playing at the most basic level with not much effort. Hopefully he gets blocked soon. No surprise at this blocking tbh, she was never gonna keep that up and didn't even really try to actually build it up and maintain a character as much as "Kate" is for example. She came across so unlikeable too and I can imagine she gave that impression on the platform too!

+Quote this post
Adam
post 20th September 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682

I'm so sad this is flopping, I'm already addicted.

I legit can't wait to see who she goes to visit!!!!
Also in love with 'Kate'

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 20th September 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002

Just watched the first episode and enjoyed it. Its a good concept and there was enough there to keep me interested.

Shame about the ratings... but its overnights rather than the final ratings. 0.4K is low though.

On to episode 2.

The voiceover woman is awful though

+Quote this post
Calum
post 20th September 2018, 09:03 PM
Post #39
Group icon
nabad

It really is a shame to see this flopping, because it is such an interesting concept (maybe not executed as well as it could be) and I'm already hooked. laugh.gif

Last night's blocking wasn't exactly unexpected. Glad she's gone considering she backtracked on her game plan so quickly too. I'm also quite surprised that they all seem to think Mitchell's gay though? There's a few things Freddie's said in chats etc that haven't exactly been subtle.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th September 2018, 10:21 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I hope Freddie is next to be blocked, he's REALLY having me wanting to turn off laugh.gif

Mitchell is hot af tho

EDIT: scratch that Christ he is making me cringe to death with Aiden :/ This isn't Love Island hun x

I'm actually getting more hooked as the episodes go on, it's kinda shit but I'm so wanting to see how things go. Tbh I like Sinead much more as herself but I'm so intrigued to see how the hell she's going to keep up lying that she's a 65 year old grandad.

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 01:21 AM