BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Cheryl • TBA, 5th album | coming after "succession of incredible records"
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Hayzayy
post Mar 16 2015, 02:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804
Time to move on?

"Only human" got her two new number 1 singles but failed to sell lots, despite being a very strong effort.
What's to expect next?

Some newspapers are already talking about her 5th album :

So what do you think will happen next?
What do you want in the next album?

This post has been edited by Hayzayy: Mar 16 2015, 02:28 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Mar 16 2015, 02:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Really excited for a new album as for me, the music keeps getting better and better. Commercially, I don't know if it will do anything, although if a new album's due at the end of the year, does that basically guarantee a return to X Factor? kink.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Mar 16 2015, 03:05 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
If there's only going to be 3 performances and an interview, I'm not wetting myself with excitement for a new era. Like Joseph said, her music is getting better but I can't at how lazy she is for a popstar.

+Quote this post
Umi
post Mar 16 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #4
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659
I don't feel like a fifth album is overly likely to happen honestly.

+Quote this post
sajjadali
post Mar 16 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 1,100
I think it is looking likely she'll be dropped by Universal. The album only sold 60,000 apparently. The label will base it on the fact if they made a profit on the campaign or not. I think that'll be touch and go.

1.2 No.1 singles, but that didn't translate into album sales
2. She spent nearly two and a bit years working on this new record so the writing costs will be higher
3. I can't see Only Human the single charting very highly at all.

The first sign of Cheryl dropped was her husband criticising the management/record company publicly.
Then articles about her fighting for 'artistic freedom'.
Normally no one or a relative slags off the management or record company unless you're no longer with them sorta how i predicted it with James Arthur slagging off his team's artwork choices.

It's not even a 100% she will do X Factor this year.

She's loaded though and can easily afford some self funded albums for us! w00t.gif

This post has been edited by sajjadali: Mar 16 2015, 04:27 PM

+Quote this post
Veis
post Mar 16 2015, 04:34 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,091
QUOTE(sajjadali @ Mar 16 2015, 05:26 PM) *
I think it is looking likely she'll be dropped by Universal. The album only sold 60,000 apparently. The label will base it on the fact if they made a profit on the campaign or not. I think that'll be touch and go.

1.2 No.1 singles, but that didn't translate into album sales
2. She spent nearly two and a bit years working on this new record so the writing costs will be higher
3. I can't see Only Human the single charting very highly at all.

The first sign of Cheryl dropped was her husband criticising the management/record company publicly.
Then articles about her fighting for 'artistic freedom'.
Normally no one or a relative slags off the management or record company unless you're no longer with them sorta how i predicted it with James Arthur slagging off his team's artwork choices.

It's not even a 100% she will do X Factor this year.

She's loaded though and can easily afford some self funded albums for us! w00t.gif

Please, she's still big popstar. Thay can't just dropped her, that would be awful. She better wants a better contract with more control rolleyes.gif

And please again, I don't want some "self-funded like nicole scherzinger shit" albums without promotion.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Mar 16 2015, 06:01 PM
Post #7
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316
QUOTE(Veis @ Mar 16 2015, 04:34 PM) *
Thay can't just dropped her, that would be awful.

Says every fan of any other artist that's ever been dropped.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Mar 16 2015, 06:16 PM
Post #8
Group icon
She won't be dropped, two #1 singles and she's no doubt made most if not ALL of the money she may have lost from a "flop" album back through endorsements and X Factor. I mean, The Saturdays survived through worse times laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Veis
post Mar 16 2015, 06:21 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,091
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Mar 16 2015, 07:16 PM) *
She won't be dropped, two #1 singles and she's no doubt made most if not ALL of the money she may have lost from a "flop" album back through endorsements and X Factor. I mean, The Saturdays survived through worse times laugh.gif

And that's the point! They have more floppy stars in their stock than Cheryl teresa.gif

And if it's true, then I'm excited! Let's better move on to Cheryl N°5 ( I like this name actually tongue.gif) after 22 March.

+Quote this post
Markbr
post Mar 16 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,092
Stop believing everything you read please. JB stuff is fake, he didn't say anything on Instagram.

Plus Daily Star has confirmed her pregnancy.
Plusss James (the same Daily's editor) confirmed an Only Human UK Arena Tour months ago. Tabloid bullsh*t. zzz.gif zzz.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Mar 16 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #11
Group icon
That post was kinda contradictory heehee.gif The Daily Star is absolutely not a reliable source. If she's pregnant, Cheryl will be the first person to confirm it.

EDIT: I misread your post, ignore me laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Markbr
post Mar 16 2015, 08:09 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Mar 16 2015, 05:03 PM) *
That post was kinda contradictory heehee.gif The Daily Star is absolutely not a reliable source. If she's pregnant, Cheryl will be the first person to confirm it.

Yep!! I mean, that's exactly what I have tried to illustrate. Everything they post about Cheryl is fake. Pregnancy, JB versus label, Only Human Tour, and now Cheryl nș 5.

This post has been edited by Markbr: Mar 16 2015, 08:09 PM

+Quote this post
Markbr
post Mar 16 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Mar 16 2015, 05:03 PM) *

EDIT: I misread your post, ignore me laugh.gif

Oh ok. Sorry if I didn't express myself correctly sometimes. I'm not a native English speaker.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Mar 16 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #14
Group icon
QUOTE(Markbr @ Mar 16 2015, 08:11 PM) *
Oh ok. Sorry if I didn't express myself correctly sometimes. I'm not a native English speaker.

Haha no worries, I'm half asleep anyway kink.gif You make a really good point though, there's so much crap in the newspapers about Cheryl so it could be a load of rubbish!

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post Mar 16 2015, 08:26 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804
QUOTE(Markbr @ Mar 16 2015, 07:56 PM) *
Stop believing everything you read please. JB stuff is fake, he didn't say anything on Instagram.

JB did slag radios and the label off for not promoting "Only human" hard enough though. I am following him and I did read it, legit.

I don't think she'll be dropped and/or would change label though.

+Quote this post
London
post Mar 17 2015, 12:00 AM
Post #16
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053
I'm not ready for another album and another disapointing half arsed attempt at promotion. Cut forward to release week in December and I'm on the edge of my seat. heehee.gif heehee.gif heehee.gif

+Quote this post
post Mar 17 2015, 09:05 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
I worry about a lack of support from here on in. Once Radio 1 snub an artist they usually fail to get back on board.

+Quote this post
panther25
post Mar 17 2015, 07:47 PM
Post #18
Group icon
New Entry
User: 18,153
I like this album name. If it materialises, it definitely needs to be the name. heehee.gif

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post Mar 27 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #19
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Am I the only one who thinks, going forward, a greatest hits would be a better move for her commercially? Brilliant though an album 'Only Human' is (her best since '3 Words'), the sales for this have suggested public indifference to a new solo album from Cheryl. Singles, yes, but not albums.

I mean she has 11 hits (OK, perhaps that term can be used loosely for this current single and say, 'The Flood') to her name as a solo artist now - near enough the same amount GA had before they did their first greatest hits.

She's now also in a position that not many solo artists launched from girl groups/boybands get to - enough hits of her own to fill up a hits collection of their own. The only others I can think of who've managed that in recent years are Robbie Williams and Ronan Keating. I'd imagine she has two or at least one albums left on her current solo contract - just put out the hits to fulfill it, tour it and move onto a new label.

I mean I say all this even in the fullest knowledge her idea of promotion these days is just turning up on Graham Norton to look poised and aloof next to Jack Dee and not sing but still.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Mar 27 2015, 12:29 PM
Post #20
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
^ I really miss how she used to be in Girls Aloud, or even the early days of X Factor & her solo career. I think over the past few years her personality has changed - "poised" is definitely a good word. All her interviews, TV or print, are along the same lines and that's getting quite dull. It's all very "I can't talk about that but I will talk vaguely about that, but still not give much of myself away". Although the only time recently that she's shown a glimmer of a spark of her old self is to slag off an ex-bandmate, unfortunately, so perhaps that's not preferable either. sad.gif

I wish she'd promote more. Maybe it's out of her hands, who knows. This whole "perform the single just once on TV" thing isn't going to work for her all the time. She was relatively lucky to nab the two #1 singles last year. I think if she adopts that tactic into a 5th album era, those #1s will turn into "Top 5/10 with short chart run" instead, with pre-album singles.

If she's really going to record a 5th studio album, changes surely have to be made, or else it's just going to be more of the same or even less success.

When it comes to radio, perhaps that is out of her hands now and that's quite a blow. But to compensate for that, there should have been more promo for this single. Apparently she's not even tweeted links to the single? I'm not really sure what the point was when it comes to releasing this single, they may as well have not bothered as it's done nothing for the album (it wasn't Top 200 in the first set of midweeks, which barely required 100 copies sold). It seems her priority this week was L'Oreal, not the single/album.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:29 AM