BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Comey: Trump White House 'lied' about the FBI
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post Jun 8 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40205461
Ex-FBI chief James Comey told Congress that the Trump administration's comments about him and the FBI were "lies plain and simple".
Mr Comey told a Senate committee they were wrong to denigrate the agency and its leadership.
He was also "confused" by the "shifting explanations" for his sacking, which came as he led a probe into any links between the Trump campaign and Moscow.
Mr Comey said Mr Trump had repeatedly told him he was doing a "great" job.
He also suggested he was fired to "change the way the Russia investigation was being conducted".
"I know I was fired because something about the way I was conducting the Russia investigation was some way putting pressure on him, was some way irritating him," Mr Comey said of the president.
The former FBI boss remained largely composed throughout almost three hours of testimony but became impassioned when delivering his opening remarks.
He told the panel that the White House "chose to defame me, and more importantly the FBI" by claiming the agency was "poorly led".
"Those were lies, plain and simple. And I'm so sorry that the FBI workforce had to hear them," he continued.

is it at all possible that Trump could get impeached over this? big news if indeed Trump has been lying and if he does have any connection with Russia.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jun 8 2017, 05:39 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
There is EVEN BIGGER news relegated to the small inch columna: two high exec secret service agents REFUSED to answer if Trump had tried to pressure thrm to drp the investigation too, with one signalling he might testify i n private. If this is true, then that will validate everything being said about obstruction of justice.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 14 2017, 12:05 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
well the case against the Trump campaign (and by implication, Trump) seems to be building nicely, and an impeachment of sorts has started. Fairly obviously most of the major players have lied and lied again (which is a crime, that's what brought Nixon down), so the only question remains - how long before Republicans see themselves going down in flames at the next set of mid-terms and start doing their democratic job (to protect democracy)? They obviously keep hoping they can get Healthcare killed before it happens, but in the meantime Trump & his cronies are hugely damaging America and it's government, and the well-being of the world.

Odds on Trump lasting a full year? I'm afraid it's looking like this will roll on for 2 or 3 years with government effectively dead in the water, as the FBI and co take a case by case drip-feed approach no doubt leaving Trump till last, at which point President homophobopence gives him a pardon - assuming he also is not implicated?

America, where every other President is the dumb son of a millionaire, or a media star, or a crook - hit the Jackpot with Trump, 3 for the price of one....!

+Quote this post
danG
post Jul 20 2017, 10:36 AM
Post #4
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
I personally think Trump will last the whole term, and that he has a good chance of staying on for the second term as well. :|

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post Jul 20 2017, 04:51 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53
QUOTE(danG @ Jul 20 2017, 11:36 AM) *
I personally think Trump will last the whole term, and that he has a good chance of staying on for the second term as well. :|

Totally agree. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. He will ride the storm and all the lies and the media being against him.

This post has been edited by commonsense: Jul 20 2017, 04:53 PM

+Quote this post
Qween
post Jul 20 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
The main test for Trump (and, more widely, the Republican party) is 2018. They would have to implode on a colossal scale to lose the senate and the Democrats are certainly not in a position at the moment where they seem to be able to put up a strong enough fight. It's not totally unthinkable that they could lose the house though. Basically he's going nowhere until after that, at the very least.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Jul 20 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
QUOTE(commonsense @ Jul 20 2017, 05:51 PM) *
Totally agree. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. He will ride the storm and all the lies and the media being against him.

And what lies would they be? Can you name a single one?

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 20 2017, 06:26 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
When a Republican representative can literally BODYSLAM A JOURNALIST, and still win the election for his state by a comfortable margin the next week, it shows just how much trouble the Democrats are in. They've really got to get themselves together if they're going to regain any of the major country-wide offices in the next few years.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 21 2017, 12:12 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
given they actually won the last election in the popular vote, and Trump is the least popular President of all-time after 6 useless months in the job (aided and abetted by republicans who don't feel the US Constitution is worth the parchment it's printed on as long as they get to potentially save a few million poor people to an early grave), one would hope a Democrat ticket with a skunk with a bad skin condition could run against a Republican and win in many states.....

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 21 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
QUOTE(popchartfreak @ Jul 21 2017, 01:12 PM) *
given they actually won the last election in the popular vote, and Trump is the least popular President of all-time after 6 useless months in the job (aided and abetted by republicans who don't feel the US Constitution is worth the parchment it's printed on as long as they get to potentially save a few million poor people to an early grave), one would hope a Democrat ticket with a skunk with a bad skin condition could run against a Republican and win in many states.....

And yet, the Republicans have won every single seat they have defended for the House of Representatives so far in 2017.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jul 21 2017, 01:43 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
And ehy was my post deleted?!

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 21 2017, 01:46 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
Personal attacks are very much frowned upon, especially when the person you attack happens to be the moderator of this board.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Jul 21 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jul 21 2017, 01:46 PM) *
And yet, the Republicans have won every single seat they have defended for the House of Representatives so far in 2017.

No particularly competitive seats have been up for grabs yet. The Dems certainly haven't covered themselves in glory, but if the Senate seats up in the midterms weren't so godawful they'd definitely have a good chance of taking back both houses.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jul 21 2017, 02:58 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
QUOTE(Soy Adrián @ Jul 21 2017, 02:53 PM) *
No particularly competitive seats have been up for grabs yet. The Dems certainly haven't covered themselves in glory, but if the Senate seats up in the midterms weren't so godawful they'd definitely have a good chance of taking back both houses.

This is basically what I said btw.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Jul 21 2017, 03:11 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
QUOTE(Soy Adrián @ Jul 21 2017, 03:53 PM) *

Indeed, they've got a year to turn these things around, but as things stand I don't hold up much hope of them doing so. They should have been making hay of this situation, and yet they aren't. One interesting poll to come out in the past few days shows that even now, Donald Trump has a higher net approval rate than Hilary Clinton. I must confess some scepticism at that poll's results, especially given that Trump's popularity ratings never exceeded Clinton's during the entire campaign, but it's still a pretty bad indictment of where the Dems stand at the moment.

The Dems need to up their game, particularly on the persuasion front. Their most recent slogan they tried out was “I mean, have you seen the other guys?", which is so darn awful that I don't even need to explain why.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jul 21 2017, 03:17 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
The Establishment need to stop hawking the Elite and run Bernie Sanders. The end.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Jul 21 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
Get over it already.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jul 21 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
From what I've seen in elections like GA06 the dems have increased their share of the vote vs the republicans so I'm not sure I buy into the same doom and gloom mantra that y'all have. That could be influenced granted by my Twitter timeline very much being democrat.

At the state level I believe the democrats have flipped some seats in firmly red/trump voting areas, which would suggest at the local level the swing is beginning to build. Will be interesting to see how the next 12 months play in the run up to the mid-terms

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jul 20 2017, 07:26 PM) *
When a Republican representative can literally BODYSLAM A JOURNALIST, and still win the election for his state by a comfortable margin the next week, it shows just how much trouble the Democrats are in. They've really got to get themselves together if they're going to regain any of the major country-wide offices in the next few years.

I think to be fair that state would elect literally anything that ran under a republican ticket. Possum, satan, cadaver, Michael from Buzzjack, pile of leaves etc.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jul 21 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Sanders certainly isn't the answer though. He'll be coffin dodging by the time the next presidential election comes around and another old white dude is really not what America needs. They need a friendlier face to put on the Hilary platform. Her policies were certainly electable, the problem was partly rampant sexism and misogyny and partly the United States inexplicable hatred of HRC

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post Jul 22 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #20
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596
Neither Clinton nor Sanders were the optimal candidates for their respective wings of the party. I'm still sure that either Biden or Warren would have won against Trump last year. The fact that Sanders was able to do as well as he did makes it pretty clear that finding a "more electable Clinton" isn't going to solve all the Dems' problems. There's too much anti-establishment feeling in their base and in the country as a whole now. I don't really know US politics to know who would be a good 2020 candidate to bring the two wings together.

QUOTE(MoistSummerFruit @ Jul 21 2017, 03:58 PM) *
This is basically what I said btw.

I highly doubt it.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:21 AM