BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> If you could relive through one era, which would it be?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post Jul 17 2019, 07:36 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Taking everything into consideration: the music, visuals, videos, promo, time of history, which one of Madonna's album eras would you most like to replay and live through at your current age? I am aware many of us may have been too young while she experienced some of her biggest eras, so which would you love to go back in time and experience now?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 17 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #2
Group icon
For me it would be the Ray of Light era. It's the era that has my favourite music videos and visual styling. Madonna had so many incredible looks during the era, and I would love to relive the hype of her transformation when Frozen dropped as a single. I vaguely remember the music video for that and Ray of Light being everywhere on TV and it would be amazing to live through it now, being the stan that I am. To hear songs from the album playing on radios too.. what a time to be alive!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jul 17 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Like A Prayer for me.

I wasn’t born at the time and it’s her album what’s the most reflective of my life at this current time.

It’s also unlike anything what’s out at the moment so it would stand out in the current time

I’d have loved to have seen the reactions to the title track and video too. Plus Express Yourself would smash any time given how feel good it is. It’s also mature enough to not just be seen as a regular pop album. .

I so wish I was old enough to have seen the sex book reaction too. I love everything about the Erotica era bar the music. But her look was the best it’s ever been and visually it was also stunning and artistically I think it was genius but I only really enjoy a few songs from that album 🙈.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Jul 17 2019, 08:14 PM

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jul 17 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
The interesting thing about the Ray of Light era is that she was actually cool. I can remember all of the eras from Like a Prayer onwards and had an awareness of the singles from True Blue but Ray of Light was the first era that I can remember the trendy music publications and the more indie sided group of my friends jumping on her as someone who was exciting and musically interesting.

+Quote this post
vibe
post Jul 17 2019, 08:13 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
Blonde Ambition
What I would give to go back in time to see this show live !!!!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 17 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #6
Group icon
QUOTE(vibe @ Jul 17 2019, 09:13 PM) *
Blonde Ambition
What I would give to go back in time to see this show live !!!!

In terms of tours, I would LOVE to go see The Confessions Tour - it's my favourite era musically but also my favourite tour album wub.gif Blonde Ambition would of course also be life changing.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jul 17 2019, 08:20 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I'd kill to have seen either of those also. Really do regret not having paid to see her. :/

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post Jul 20 2019, 01:47 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829
MDNA wub.gif

Joking, of course.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 25 2019, 01:15 PM
Post #9
Group icon
QUOTE(Voodoo @ Jul 20 2019, 02:47 PM) *
MDNA wub.gif
Joking, of course.

mad.gif

The era that really made me wince everytime something of hers came on radio/tv sad.gif The album is fun now and there are highlights from it, but I do not look back on the era as a whole fondly at all.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:09 AM