BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool, 17/11/17 | Annette Bening, Julie Walters, Jamie Bell, Vanessa Redgrave
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 5th September 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

No high quality links to the trailer are on YouTube yet so use the IMDb link below if you want to see it!

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls053181649/video...?ref_=hm_hp_i_2

It tells the story of real-life Hollywood actress, Gloria Grahame. Looks really quite charming and I love tales of classic Hollywood so this is definitely on my watch-list wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 20th November 2017, 09:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

This was really sweet and I like how it told the story through use of flashbacks and cutting between Gloria and Peter for the point of view we were watching from at times. Hoping that Annette can snag another Oscar nomination because it was a really heartbreaking performance near the end.

Jamie Bell is a new found crush too

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th November 2017, 09:49 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:

I was a little confused by the non-linear story structure at times but it really paid off at the end when it was revealed that she was going to the hospital the whole time so I didn't mind too much. Annette and Jamie (that Scouse accent did things to me wub.gif) were both fantastic too. I do hope she can squeeze in to the awards race this year, even the real life footage of Gloria didn't seem out of place as you could totally imagine that just being a younger version of Annette's portrayal. She almost had me in tears towards the end too with the Romeo & Juliet theatre scene cry.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th November 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:

Also, creasing myself at my Dad:

laugh.gif

+Quote this post