BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Greatest Hits 2018 and full World Tour 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
nirvanamusic
post Nov 13 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 16,950
I didn't know if this was in another topic so have started a new one.

The reaction all round to their tour in Australia (two shows in) and the shows coming up in New Zealand and Israel has been so positive and well received! From first two shows in Australia glowing reviews including some 5/5's from Aussie publications!!!
They are being well received for playing the hits familiar to the Aussie audience alongside the lesser known newer material for the audience. Those songs are also going down well with the crowds and getting some exposure. The audiences are really thankful they have come to their country and seen them. The arenas look packed from what I've seen online.

This article gives some great information about their future plans including touring in North/South America, Canada and possibly Australia again in 2019. I think this is great and a no brainer now for them as they have seen first hand the joy and reaction of touring further afield for foreign fans. It's also converting some previously passive bystanders into fans so going and touring these places is a win win for the group as long as the show is good which we all know it always is.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music...f1e5f369d75489b

This is the setlist for the Australian shows (am guessing it'll be the same for the New Zealand shows) In brackets is the Australian peak for that song.

1. Shine
2. Greatest Day
3. Get Ready for It
4. Giants
5. Hold Up a Light
6. Patience (29)
7. Pray (10)
8. The Garden
9. Up All Night
10. Said It All
11. Babe
12. A Million Love Songs
13. Everything Changes (58) / It Only Takes a Minute
14. Could It Be Magic (30)
15. How Deep Is Your Love? (12)
16. Relight My Fire (33)
17. The Flood
18. Cry
19. These Days
20. Back for Good (1)
21. Rule the World
22. Never Forget (12)

They had two other songs chart in Australian top 100 Love Ain't Here Anymore (38) and Sure (31).

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Nov 13 2017, 07:25 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
pippa
post Nov 14 2017, 03:23 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
The set list for the Australian/ New Zealand is extremely song. They are very lucky audiences, although i would like to replace How Deep Is Your Love with something else, it makes sense for them to perform it as it is one of their highest charting singles in those territories.

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post Nov 14 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
I agree however How Deep Is Your Love is a must for global touring as the song charted high on every continent in the World especially South America and Africa (if they go there) and remains their second biggest single after Back For Good worldwide. The song was #1 in Israel (4 weeks) along with Relight My Fire (2 weeks) and Back For Good (1 week) as well so will need to remain included for the Israel show too along with Love Ain't Here Anymore a top 10 hit.

I think the setlist for the Israel show will be a greatest hits also as a first ever show there. The top 10's they had in Israel in the 90's were Could It Be Magic, Pray, Relight My Fire, Babe, Everything Changes, Love Ain't Here Anymore, Back For Good and How Deep Is Your Love. I know Patience and Rule The World were hits in Israel however am unsure of other reunion songs.
They were more popular in Israel than Australia/New Zealand so as a first time ever concert that is why there is so much buzz and joy around them going there. The same with fans hearing they may be going to North/South America and Africa despite them having had less hits there. I know Patience again did well in Canada and South America though unsure about Africa. I think Shine and Rule The World were the bigger hits in Africa than Patience.

In terms of global hits covering each and every continent Pray achieved this in 93/94 (Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Australia) and then again in 96 when released after Back For Good and before How Deep Is Your Love for the remaining continents North/South America where it also became a hit.
Back For Good, Never Forget and How Deep Is Your Love from first time around were all songs successful worldwide in North/South America and Africa as well as the usual Asia, Europe Middle East and Australia continents who had all been consistently giving chart hits to the group since the Everything Changes era at the bare minimum.

REST OF CURRENT TOUR

In terms of the rest of the tour the chart hits where known are as follows. The other songs added are made up from ITunes best sellers and the songs featured in the TV adverts promoting those concerts indicating the song's previous popularity in that country.

For Israel, New Zealand and UAE they read like this: In brackets the chart peak.

Israel (Top 30): Could It Be Magic (6), Why Can't I Wake Up With You (20), Pray (2), Relight My Fire (1), Babe (4), Everything Changes (9), Love Ain't Here Anymore (9), Sure (14), Back For Good (1), How Deep Is Your Love (1), Patience (7) and Rule The World.

Never Forget was likely a hit judging by chart pattern though as of yet not found however it didn't reach #1 though. The #1 in Israel during August 1995 was 'Stars' by Dubstar.

New Zealand (Top 50): Back For Good (6), How Deep Is Your Love, Patience, Shine, Rule the World, Greatest Day, The Flood, Love Love, When We Were Young and These Days.

UAE: Could It Be Magic, Relight My Fire, Everything Changes, Back For Good, Never Forget, Patience, Shine, Rule The World, Greatest Day and These Days.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Feb 19 2018, 11:23 AM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 17 2017, 01:54 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
The tour seems to have got a great reception in Australia.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Nov 20 2017, 09:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
One thing Take That can never be criticized for is putting on a great show. I have no doubts Australian fans will have loved the tour as much as us if not more as they don't get to see them as much.

+Quote this post
jay727
post Nov 20 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 12,273
I’m so pleased for Aussie and Kiwi fans that they’ve gone out to play those venues, the fans deserve to see them playing locally and they’ve always had a strong following out there.

I’d love the US dates to happen, but I’m not sure...feels like they dipped their toe into the water with James Corden but nothing really happened chartwise. Did Giants and Wonderland appear in the lower reaches of the US?

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post Nov 20 2017, 11:18 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Giants didn't appear anywhere on US iTunes top 200. For that to happen they need radio play and repeat day time slots over weeks not late night which has far less power and influence.

The week of Wonderland album release from memory I think the album got to around 115 highest peak on USA itunes and in Canada highest peak was #38/40 for a day. The number fell by end of the week however as was very front loaded in those nations. It did however show there is a core fanbase there.
The album didn't chart anywhere on Billboard 200/Canadian albums top 100 as in order for that to happen it would have had to have been top 40 on iTunes at least all week mixed in with high streaming and physical sales also.
I believe in America it was only a digital release (which considering it was only in 2012 possibly even 2014 when their reunion albums were finally put onto the US iTunes for once an album was available for American fans like rest of the world) on iTunes and no physicals.

I think for them social media is a better tool of judging where to tour especially countries they didn't do masses of promotion/touring first time around like Canada/US etc which naturally means they won't have the same chart presence as they do in Europe and Asia second time around. They are starting where they left off and in North/South America they disappeared as soon as they became a chart topping/one-two hit wonder because of this. The history isn't as long or as rich as it was in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Australia and Africa meaning more promotion/touring would be needed in N/S America to remind the audience of their existence. That said Patience was a hit in Canada and South America so they must have been remembered to an extent and also the fact a great song which could be played on the radio helped.

In terms of African countries for anyone who's interested they are still popular in Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Egypt (very popular in 90's), Gambia, Mauritius, Namibia, South Africa (very popular in 90's) and Swaziland. This is mainly North, East and Southern Africa though in Western Africa they were also very popular especially during Nobody Else Back For Good era and in parts Everything Changes era but haven't really caught on that side of continent since reunion.

On a separate note below is the digital impact of the tour.

Tour iTunes impact (peak)

Australia:

Greatest Hits: #75
Wonderland: between #80 - #100

New Zealand:

Wonderland: #9
Greatest Hits: #27.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Nov 23 2017, 12:25 PM

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post Nov 28 2017, 01:30 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Following on from above post regarding the digital impact of the tour. (Peak Position)

Israel:

Greatest Hits: #7.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Nov 28 2017, 01:31 PM

+Quote this post
milly
post Nov 29 2017, 02:42 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,540
The concert in Israel seems to have been a success.
I loved how all the Israeli fans had balloons - to plan such a big surprise takes a lot of commitment. We tried to do it here for another artist, but had to change to something else because it would have been too expensive to buy so many balloons.

I never expected that they'd be able to sell out a 8000 capacity arena in Israel. That shows that, despite not selling albums in these territories at the moment, they're still very popular and people are still interested in them.

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post Nov 30 2017, 08:35 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Post tour digital impact. (Peak Position)

Greatest Hits or Never Forget: The Ultimate Collection

Israel: #7
United Arab Emirates: #8
New Zealand: #27
Australia: #75

Wonderland

New Zealand: #9
Australia: #80 - #100

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Dec 14 2017, 11:43 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265
Didn't know where to post this.

you might like to hear a song RW wrote with GB. It's on his new album.

A real sweet little song - I love it. smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojnrEKKArmo

12. Weakness

Written by Robert Williams, Gary Barlow
Produced & Mixed by Steve Power
Engineered by Ryan Carline, Joe Kearns & Rohan Onraet
Recorded at Run It Wild Studios, Los Angeles, British Grove, London & Tower of Power Studios, London
Published by Farrell Music Ltd / Sony/ATV Music Publishing (UK) Ltd
Robbie Williams - Vocals, Backing Vocals
Gary Barlow - Keyboards, Backing Vocals
John Paricelli - Guitars
Neil Taylor - Guitars
Gary Nuttall - Guitars
David Arch - Piano
Dave Bronze - Bass
Jeremy Stacey - Drums

+Quote this post
jay727
post Jan 26 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
I do quite like this! The Dolly Parton cover is the best though!

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post Feb 25 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
In anticipation of Take That World tour I've decided to run a list of shows they have done in countries touring or publicised concerts. I've left out festivals as the only non UK festival they did was in Mexico at the Acapulco music festival in 1993. They were a last minute addition to the festival pulled off last minute by Nigel after having filmed the Pray music video earlier and so this wasn't a publicised set and also they weren't a headliner.

TV appearances although plenty done overseas especially in the 90's I'm not counting as again this is not a full setlist or a tour performance.

Take That touring;

AFRICA

No countries

ASIA

Indonesia
Israel
Japan
Singapore
Taiwan
Thailand
United Arab Emirates

AUSTRALASIA

Australia
New Zealand

EUROPE

Austria
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Jersey
Netherlands
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
UK

NORTH AMERICA

No countries

SOUTH AMERICA

No countries

The other three continents so far completely left are being visited during the World tour which is about time for their loyal fans in these places of the world. The reaction to them going to Israel and New Zealand for the first time was testament to this.

Africa they are still popular in North, East and Southern Africa and South Africa would be the obvious place to go and tour as many artists already have including Backstreet Boys and Westlife numerous times. Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban in South Africa are the three main places bigger artists go to tour. Westlife also did a show after South African shows in neighbouring Namibia and the capital city Windhoek. The Progress album did well in Namibia.
Africa has actually been the second most consistent audience for TT since reforming behind Europe and ahead of Asia though is often the one most overlooked.

North America Canada has always been a loyal and moderate to huge (#1 BFG single) country for them and in the US they have a healthy following in Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Chicago, Boston, Las Vegas, Dallas and San Diego. See article below:

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com/take-that/...-tour-in-the-us

They shouldn't however just focus on the obvious three in North America the US, Canada and Mexico though these nations are the obvious start.

South America there is this great research article:

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com/take-that/...n-south-america

The person has even done a viable SA tour breakdown and based on research how many shows. They have even located appropriate venues doing TT work for them!!!

They really need to make this a World tour on all continents at least the three that have so far been neglected. Exciting times ahead with a World Greatest Hits tour!!

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Feb 25 2018, 08:32 PM

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post Mar 7 2018, 08:11 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
The above post is where they have toured and this post is where I'd like them to cover a World Tour.

If Take That were to work on the principle of going to nations where they have had a number one record either singles/albums (though information outside of Europe is harder to come by) it would look like this:

I've thrown in some Take That receptive nations they haven't been to also as they have stated they want to go to countries they haven't been to with an asterisk.

AFRICA

South Africa (*)

Pray, Back For Good, Never Forget, How Deep Is Your Love were chart hits across the continent though information is limited to the published Zimbabwe charts and books detailing these African successes. Patience, Shine, Rule The World and The Flood have also been popular across Africa since the reunion.
A few shows in South Africa where it's been noted they have been popular during both eras would be great. A world tour should be exactly that all continents.

ASIA

Bahrain (*)
Israel
Japan
Malaysia (*)
Philippines (*)
South Korea (*)
Taiwan
UAE

Israel and Taiwan are the big two for them above however they achieved success not many Western artists have with the Nobody Else album in Japan going top 10 and could be good to re-connect with the Japanese market.

AUSTRALASIA

Australia
New Zealand

New Zealand they could tour though hopefully if the new Greatest Hits charts well it would take them from a one hit single status in NZ.

EUROPE

List of nations they've hit number one in:

Austria
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
Germany
Greece (*)
Hungary (*)
Ireland
Italy
Latvia (*)
Netherlands
Norway (*)
Spain
Switzerland
UK

This is the easy one and lots of options here for them. They have always hit the bigger nations for touring however it would be nice like Robbie did for them to go to the smaller yet loyal nations also such as Hungary, Norway and Latvia. You don't achieve full true and lasting success if you only look and focus on the big countries.

NORTH AMERICA

Canada (*)
Mexico (*)
USA (*)

Canada is a must for them regarding this continent and holds chart topping status for them. Mexico information is hard to come by although they were popular there in the 90's and have a loyal following. Robbie is huge in Mexico so they are still known there through his success over the years.

SOUTH AMERICA

Argentina (*)
Brazil (*)
Chile (*)
Peru (*)

These would appear to be the main four areas of interest for Take That who achieved huge success in Brazil and Chile especially. Argentina they have remained successful in the present day as well.

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Mar 7 2018, 08:17 AM

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post Mar 19 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265
I heard a five second snippet of Howard this morning talking about the new GH album.

He said it had " a twist" in that they were re recording some of the old songs.

Sounded quite intriguing. smile.gif

Good way to sell an album too. cool.gif

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post Mar 20 2018, 04:47 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575
I wonder if they are doing the tour as a three or four piece. I always have my doubts about TT without Robbie in not English speaking countries. Rob had problems to sell his tickets in some countries and he is undoubtful far more massive outside the UK (not inside the UK I know). Will they attend smaller arenas? But I like that they will do it for their fans everywhere anyway.
To be honest, I see Rob having recorded some songs with them, but I do not see him on tour. This means the next Robbie album end of 2019 if we are lucky. Sigh

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post Mar 20 2018, 05:57 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
Below is great research done as to how many fans they have actively on social media in South America and gives an idea of the size of venue they should go for.

http://www.radiocremebrulee.com/take-that/...n-south-america

I do believe the Greatest Hits will be marketed more in other places around the World as they have a World Tour in mind and a Greatest Hits is easier to sell/promote rather than a new studio album.
They did pre promotion for their visits to Israel, New Zealand and Australia and they filled the venues for those particular shows. Those nations they had never been to before or not in decades whereas Dubai I noticed had less pre promotion as they had been few years prior so was a well worn path/territory. Lots of fans will travel like what already happens however it's about giving the local fans on that continent the opportunity and excitement of TT coming to their country or fans traveling closer. It also creates a buzz with the local media and interest and touring is the biggest way to gain press and name recognition in these continents. Despite a world of social media the number one most effective way for a group to be successful is to physically go to these places and be seen.

It will be a three piece touring with hopefully one of the three new songs featuring Rob. Like I say they will have to do some TV/magazine promotion beforehand as they have never toured Africa or North and South America so this will be a first footing for them. Regardless it's about time as they do have fans around the world and they have patiently waited for decades always having to travel to Europe. Since the reunion I've always wanted them to think outside just Europe and Asia and credit to them for now doing that.

In terms of the album it sounds like Madonna Immaculate Collection where she remixed all the songs into different versions which is good but I always find myself stuck preferring the originals!

This post has been edited by nirvanamusic: Mar 20 2018, 06:16 AM

+Quote this post
jay727
post Mar 20 2018, 10:54 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ Mar 20 2018, 04:47 AM) *
I wonder if they are doing the tour as a three or four piece. I always have my doubts about TT without Robbie in not English speaking countries. Rob had problems to sell his tickets in some countries and he is undoubtful far more massive outside the UK (not inside the UK I know). Will they attend smaller arenas? But I like that they will do it for their fans everywhere anyway.
To be honest, I see Rob having recorded some songs with them, but I do not see him on tour. This means the next Robbie album end of 2019 if we are lucky. Sigh

I expect stadium tour with Robbie in the U.K. and Ireland, and then a three piece touring smaller arenas in Europe, Middle East and Americas

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Mar 20 2018, 11:28 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
I am so excited for this, bring it on!

+Quote this post
nirvanamusic
post Mar 21 2018, 07:26 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
I wonder what the artwork for the front cover of the Greatest Hits will be due to the number ranging from 3 - 5 members. I think for the Greatest Hits Vol 1 and Never Forget both had great artwork.

I especially liked the 1996 cover with the logo and single/album artworks around it and had the new Greatest Hits been a reunion only collection it would have been nice to follow that theme of having the logo prominent and single/album post 2006 artwork around that. Due to the collection being all years work I'm not sure if they'll do that as it means some 90's artwork covers would be repeated.

The title people have suggested Rule The World - The Best of Take That which I agree would be great though Tears For Fears have recently released their Greatest Hits with that title. Never Forget - The Ultimate Collection was a perfect title as that Greatest Hits was a reintroduction package. I think Take That should use Rule The World also as there are always similar titles. The Circus with Britney Spears was a case in point there will always be overlaps. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a standout Greatest Hits title?

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:01 PM