BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TBA • Album 3, 2018
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Razor
post Sep 16 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,924
   No Gallery Pics

TG4M Part II is coming for a revenge laugh.gif

Joakim is also responsible for Tik Tik Boom by Britney, one of few good songs on BJ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Sep 21 2017, 11:27 AM
Post #22
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

Interview with OCC about the tour but also talks a lot about the new album:

Zara Larsson on her new UK tour and how album two is shaping up: "It's kind of mysterious and a little sexy"

We caught up with the singer ahead of her UK tour to find out what we can expect from her next record.

Zara Larsson is pulling a sickie. When we phone her up for our interview, she tells us she’s spending the day in bed because she’s feeling run down from all her recent travelling. “I’m not very well at the moment, but it is what it is. It’s not like a sick sick day, but my tummy feels funny. I need a good night’s sleep, but I’ll be fine and dandy soon.”

We’d suggest she come up with a better line than that for her manager, but the proof is out there; earlier this week she walked off the stage mid-song at US festival Music Midtown to be sick, only to return straight away to finish her set.

Despite that, she somehow manages to be her usual upbeat and chatty self on the phone: “I am very busy at the moment but I’m fine. It’s a good thing – it would be tragic if I wasn’t [busy]!”

Such determination has undoubtedly got her to where she is today; five Top 10 singles, a Top 10 debut album and now, a 10-date UK tour – her first proper headline tour in country after countless one-off dates.

“I’m actually really excited about these UK shows,” she says with genuine enthusiasm. "In general, England has been so accepting of me. I feel like I’m a part of the UK scene now. I’m excited to do a proper tour.”

You’ve essentially been on one big non-stop world tour since Lush Life took over the world last year. How has your live show evolved since then?

“That’s what I want to do for sure – constantly evolve the live show. I’m always going back into rehearsals and seeing what I can switch up. Not just for the audience but also for me, because, you know, now’s not a good time to be doing the same thing over and over again.

“I want to keep making it a bit more fun and different. I’ve played some festivals this summer – the setlist won’t be too dissimilar to that. I want to tour more though – being on stage and performing is the best part of all of this.”

Your live show is pure energy, and you’ve previously said you’d like to get more into dancing. Can we expect some J Lo-style routines on this tour?

“Ha yes that’s the ultimate goal! I have a personal trainer who said the more you tour, the less choreography you’ll want to do because you’ll get tired. Honestly to me, it’s the opposite! It’s like, you get comfortable with a routine, so you try add more and more to it over time. I look at my dancers and I’m like, ‘okay show me how you do that?’. The show needs to be visual – look good – as well as sound good.”

You’ve released a lot of singles from your debut album, So Good. Please tell us why TG4M hasn’t been one of them?

“I know! Isn’t that weird? I love that song, that song is so good. It deserves better. It’s almost like Lush Life 2.0 - very effortless, and I feel happy when I hear it. I’ve had like, what, eight singles from this album, which makes me feel a huge pressure for the next album, but we’ll see. I hope people still love me when I release that.

“I’m very aware of the fact that Lush Life and Never Forget You gave me a huge push for the album. I want to release an album a year but in this new era, people aren’t really buying albums. To me, it’s not all about sales anyway, other than to make it look good on a poster. I read somewhere I’m the only female artist of the new pop girls who got a certified album, which is so weird! It’s thanks to Lush Life and Never Forget You. I’m really excited for the next project now."

How far into the next album are you?

“I’m gonna say not that far. I started two-and-a-half months ago with MNEK and we wrote two amazing songs. I’m not sure if they’ll make the album yet, but I love to work with him. He is such a blessing to work with. Ever since that session it’s been going super well and I’ve been feeling really inspired.

“Truth be told, I didn’t think writing was fun when I did my first album because I wasn’t good at it. Now I feel more comfortable saying what I want to say. I can express myself a little better. I feel a way bigger part of the process now than I was before, which makes all the difference. I can now go in the studio with writers and say, ‘This is what I want to say and this is what I want it to sound like.’”

You explored a lot of different sounds on So Good. Are you honing in on something more specific for the follow-up?

“I don’t really know to be honest. Maybe I’m exploring or maybe I’m just singing what I like to sing. If someone asked me to describe my music style for us, I wouldn’t know what to say.”

Bangers?

“Ha, right?! I like to listen to a lot of different things, so naturally I’m influenced by that. But then when you work with people like MNEK, of course I want to be inspired by his sound – that’s why I’m working with him! It’s very early but for now, it’s kind of mysterious and a little sexy, but still pop, of course.”

As well as MNEK, have you approached any of pop’s super producers, i.e Max Martin, yet?

“I have worked a bit with the MXM team (owned by Max Martin) recently in LA, and it felt really good. I see Max Martin all the time because he has a studio complex that everybody’s in. Honestly, I wish I could live there. His complex is Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra’s old house. It’s not too shabby I can tell you!

“I haven’t worked specifically with him [Max] yet, but we did a couple of songs and then he called us on Facetime and made some suggestions and changes. He’s definitely always looking over his writers, so he’s very involved. The whole team are great though… it really is pop heaven."

May we request the new album arrives quicker than So Good took to get out please?

“[Laughs] Oh my god, YES for sure!”

Zara Larsson's UK and Ireland tour kicks off in Belfast on October 15 and concludes in Southend on October 28. Tickets and more information can be found on Live Nation's website.

I don't know why OCC are still trying to make out that MNEK is a thing, especially as we've already had an album full of collaborations with him.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Sep 21 2017, 11:30 AM
Post #23
🙄
Member No.: 10,643

Zara stannibg TG4M

Yassss Max Martin song plz

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Sep 21 2017, 11:34 AM
Post #24
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

I'm sure she said in a tweet a couple of months ago the album was finished?!

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Sep 21 2017, 11:39 AM
Post #25
🙄

No?

She started the album last month!

+Quote Post
Razor
post Sep 21 2017, 05:42 PM
Post #26
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

hmm, let's hope for big pop smashes from MXM team. Don't want filler tracks that didn't make the cut for other pop girls.

+Quote Post
Razor
post Sep 21 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #27
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Mysterious Woman, ha dangerous woman era is coming upon us.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Sep 21 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #28
🙄

A fan asked Zara if she would collaborate with Dua on her new album to which Zara said yes and tagged Dua!

I can honestly see a female anthem bop coming with these two

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Sep 21 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #29
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(leewallace @ Sep 21 2017, 10:39 PM) *
A fan asked Zara if she would collaborate with Dua on her new album to which Zara said yes and tagged Dua!

I can honestly see a female anthem bop coming with these two

A Zara/Dua bop would be incredible, especially a track like New Rules/I Would Like *.*

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Sep 21 2017, 10:15 PM
Post #30
🙄

Nicki, Camila, Dua, Charli, Tove, Alma, SZA, Alessia BASICALLY I WANT A GIRLPOWER ALBUM

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Sep 21 2017, 10:24 PM
Post #31
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

I’m already in tears at the thought of that

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Sep 22 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #32
🙄

Vanilla also replied saying yes!

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Sep 22 2017, 11:52 AM
Post #33
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

She also said she wants to work with Tinashe and that Tinashe knows this

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Sep 22 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #34
🙄

Wouldn't surprise me if Zara dropped a girl power album

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Sep 22 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #35
🙄

Permission has been removed from YouTube and tuna she wrote that

+Quote Post
Razor
post Sep 22 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #36
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

i'm here for Dua, Alessia and Tove. cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Razor
post Dec 2 2017, 09:20 PM
Post #37
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

NEWS:
Zara was in LA this past week working with some producers and songwriters.

She worked with those people:

Madison Emiko Love: Bad Things (Machine Gun Kelly), Think Before I Talk (Astrid S) and the most recent G-Eazy and Halsey song (Him & I).

William Wiiki Larsen (Norwegian producer): Am I Wrong (Nico & Vinz), Stay (Kygo).

+Quote Post
Razor
post Dec 7 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #38
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Zara is back to London, working on some music!

She worked with:

Nana Rogues: Passionfruit (Drake), Girls Like (Tinie & Zara), Heavy (Anne-Marie)

Linnea Sodahl: Lush Life and TG4M by Zara

Maejor: This guy worked a lot with Justin Bieber and Trey Songz in the past. The most notorious work was some songs on Purpose by Justin.

JAE5: Common Sense (J Hus)

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Dec 7 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #39
🙄

Max Martin plz

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Dec 8 2017, 10:19 PM
Post #40
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Need another MNEK BOPPPPP. Can he give Zara Touch part 2 pls

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:45 PM