BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jupiter 2018: Week #15, for you-u-u-u // + writeup + videos
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 17th April 2018, 06:18 AM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Kylie easily takes #1 this week for what may be a long run (or at least, the second act this year to have a longer run than one week) with second comeback single Stop Me From Falling. While I liked Dancing, I LOVE this one. I'm a sucker for an upbeat with multiple elements and that chorus switchup almost reminds me of a k-pop turn. It's great to have Kylie back, now with her highest chart position since I started doing these charts.

Having said that, the triumphant return of Azealia Banks with a classic house banger will present a strong challenge to Kylie's reign at the top. The controversial rapper's responsible for a large chunk of my favourite songs from 2012-14, ish, and after a few missteps, this one's a welcome return to form. It debuts at this week's #4. Whinnie Williams, Grace Carter, Sean Paul and Sabrina Carpenter are also strong new entries into this week's top ten as most of last week's are pushed out. My BJSC entry this month from Antonia drops back to #12, but may rebound next week. I hope you guys enjoy that one tongue.gif

New entries this week come from a diverse bunch as usual; besides the aforementioned, Tinashe, Shura, Gaga, Era Istrefi, Rachel K Collier, Marian Hill, Reign, Ralph, the Preatures, M0, Rasmus Thude, Rebecca & Fiona, Blood Orange and Yellow Claw debut with new tracks. Those new entries should be linked in this thread a bit later in the week with videos biggrin.gif
They're also scattered through my (linked) weekly playlists, so feel free to check those out in the meantime.

Without further ado, here's the whole top 40 list for this second week of April 2018:

01 Kylie - Stop Me From Falling [35-4-5-1]
02 Inna - Tropical [8-1-2]
03 Sean Paul & David Guetta ft. Becky G - Mad Love [18-3]
04 Azealia Banks - Anna Wintour [N]
05 Whinnie Williams - What About Me [22-19-5]
06 Sabrina Carpenter ft. Jonas Blue - Alien [26-6]
07 Grace Carter - Ashes [20-7]
08 BoTalks ft. Caroline Pennell - F*ck It [31-11-8]
09 Pink - Whatever You Want [27-9]
10 Tinashe ft. Ty Dolla $ign + French Montana - Me So Bad [N]
11 Chvrches ft. Matt Berninger - My Enemy [5-5-3-11]
12 Antonia - Tango [7-6-4-12]
13 Hayley Kiyoko ft. Kehlani - What I Need [39-13]
14 Tinashe ft. Offset - No Drama [14-9-9-6-4-4-1-2-14]
15 Yungen ft. Jess Glynne - Mind On It [21-14-15]
16 Lana Del Rey ft. A$AP Rocky + Playboi Carti - Summer Bummer [22-12-7-7-16]
17 Years & Years - Sanctify [27-10-6-17]
18 Karen Harding x Tom Ferry - Runaway [18-13-18]
19 Mat Kearney ft. RAC - Memorized [16-12-19]
20 Tunde Olaniran - Namesake [19-9-15-20]
21 Lady Gaga - Your Song [N]
22 Tracey Thorn ft. Shura - Air [N]
23 Angger Dimas ft. NERVO - Give It All Up [15-19-16-23]
24 Era Istrefi ft. Maphorisa - Origami [N]
25 Rachel K Collier - Darkshade [N]
26 Marian Hill - Differently [N]
27 Blakey ft. Jones - Prism of Love [17-24-17-27]
28 Vuyina - Journey [23-17-21-28]
29 Shy Martin - Bad in Common [25-29]
30 Reign - Make Me [N]
31 Snow Tha Product ft. Arcangel - Nuestra Cancion Pt. 2 [23-22-31]
32 Troye Sivan - Strawberries & Cigarettes [28-28-32]
33 Shakka ft. AlunaGeorge - Man Down [29-29-33]
34 Ralph - September Fades [N]
35 Preatures - Cherry Ripe [N]
36 Jack Antonoff ft. M0 - Never Fall in Love [N]
37 Rebecca & Fiona - Need You [N]
38 Blood Orange - But You [N]
39 Rasmus Thude - Riddles [N]
40 Yellow Claw ft. Valentina - Villain [N]

#1s this year:
Inna – Nirvana (1)
Eminem ft. Ed Sheeran – River (1)
Femme En Fourrure ft. Pykari – Ride (2)
Simian Ghost – Eat The Rich (1)
MGMT – When You Die (1)
Chvrches – Get Out (1)
M.O ft. Lotto Boyzz + Mr Eazi – Bad Vibe (1)
Jhene Aiko ft. Rae Sremmurd – Sativa (1)
Paloma Faith – Til I'm Done (1)
HAIM – You Never Knew (1)
Rae Sremmurd ft. Juicy J – Powerglide (1)
Tinashe ft. Offset – No Drama (1)
Inna – Tropical (1)
Kylie Minogue – Stop Me From Falling (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: 23rd April 2018, 07:32 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 23rd April 2018, 07:30 AM
Post #2
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Here be new entries!

Kicking us off, this is actually Yellow Claw's debut as a lead and follows-up the Krewella collab that peaked in March. The producer's been on my radar for a long time but hasn't ever made it in before. While this one does swing a bit to pop, it works nicely and isn't a complete sellout wink.gif

Both Rebecca and Fiona and M0 are old hands in my charts now and add with these new entries to already long tallies. Jack Antonoff also charts as credited artist for the first time since 2016 Brooke Candy collab Changes, although of course we've seen his touch on Pink's recent singles, among others.

Rasmus Thude is a spotify discovery (could you have guessed?) who also seems to not be anywhere online, so no link! He sneaks in here, while Blood Orange follow-up 2017 hit Nelly Furtado collab Hadron Collider which peaked just outside the top ten. I'm hearing a mix of The Weeknd and Portugal The Man on that one, so recommended for fans of either. Australian band the Preatures, probably best known for lead singer Isabella's Flume collabs, also follow-up 2017 #1 Something New (no relation to the Girls Aloud song) with a more modest entry, while Reign scores a second charter following top 30-peaking The Last Time.

Rachel K Collier lands a second top 25 two years after the first, long-running hit Ships, which some of you may have just seen in my 2017 top 100 countdown. It's also in my BJSC potentials thread. Ralph's September Fades, also here, just missed being my BJSC entry for this month in favour of Antonia's Tango - please check that out and support if you like it! Ralph may see the light of day for next month's contest, though. Marian Hill also modestly enter here beginning the campaign for their second album. It's a good song as a sequel to Down, their biggest hit to date, even if it doesn't show much development from their first album material.

The two star new entries next, top ten debuts for Tinashe (with a GORGEOUS music video), fresh off the back of her first ever #1 No Drama, and Azealia Banks finally coming back with a really solid song that makes the best of her impressive voice and ability to rap, sing, and make great club music. This one's almost certain to become her second chart topper for me at some point in the next three weeks (following 2014's Chasing Time).

And finally for this week's bunch, three alomst in a row just outside the top 20. Shura's return is welcome after what seems like years away (it's maybe two) with a feature on Tracey Thorn's latest album. Gaga comes in strong with a classic Elton cover, which considering their now long-established relationship and mutual respect, seems an oddly late time in happening. Finally for this week, Era Istrefi debuts with new song Origami, currently her lowest charting track compared to her previous three top tens, but plenty of time for this one to rise to greater heights. And that's the lot for this week! Please feel free to comment on anything you liked or hated!

This post has been edited by Jüpiter: 23rd April 2018, 07:31 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 03:48 PM