BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> The Buzzjack Christmas Top 40., Results happening now!!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Dec 20 2020, 09:51 PM
Post #21
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 18,473

31 • Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year | 43 points

Awwwww, who doesn't love this song. It's without a doubt my favourite song from this section. It's a staple of the Christmas advertising on TV. Also the first time I've seen the video for this btw. It's fantastic. Very holiday-ish. Probably one of my favourite Christmas music videos, straight away actually. This is the last song in this section and it'll be over to Jordan, tomorrow, to reveal the next top 10. Happy Holidays everyone biggrin.gif xoxox
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thom Spirit Kay
post Dec 20 2020, 10:24 PM
Post #22
eat hot chip, be homosexual
Group: Members
Member No.: 6,946

I low-key don’t love this, it reminds me of a Staples advert from the early noughties where it was used (ironically) about Back To School being the most wonderful time of the year.

Santa’s Coming For Us though, YAAAASSSS. Even if it’s a tad sinister, but all the best Christmas songs are.

Same time tomorrow? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 20 2020, 11:05 PM
Post #23
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Loving the end part of this countdown maybe because there’s some lesser known gems for me!

Absolutely love both Sia tracks and the rest of her Christmas album. Also surprised Frankie Goes to Hollywood is as low as this because for me it’s one of the greatest seasonal tracks. As Tom said very much the ‘Stay Another Day’ of the 80s in terms of recurrent success. The vocals by Holly Johnson make it easily the best version of it, some much emotion.

Love the Queen Christmas song mainly because you don’t hear it as much as other perennials - only charted top 30 in 1984 mainly because of the abundance of Christmas releases that year. Probably similar to Elton John in 1973 albeit its had a lot more success since.

Big fan of the new Taylor Christmas song, think it’ll be a classic in the next 30 years especially with how big an artist she is.

My favourite version of CBPCH is probably the Buble or U2 one!

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 20 2020, 11:06 PM
Post #24
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(James Frost ☃️ @ Dec 20 2020, 09:51 PM) *

31 • Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year | 43 points

Awwwww, who doesn't love this song. It's without a doubt my favourite song from this section. It's a staple of the Christmas advertising on TV. Also the first time I've seen the video for this btw. It's fantastic. Very holiday-ish. Probably one of my favourite Christmas music videos, straight away actually. This is the last song in this section and it'll be over to Jordan, tomorrow, to reveal the next top 10. Happy Holidays everyone biggrin.gif xoxox

Think this video is from the Andy Williams Christmas show in 1963

+Quote Post
Thom Spirit Kay
post Dec 20 2020, 11:25 PM
Post #25
eat hot chip, be homosexual
Member No.: 6,946

QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 20 2020, 11:05 PM) *
My favourite version of CBPCH is probably the Buble

Oh god he didn’t sick2.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 21 2020, 12:13 AM
Post #26
The horrors persist, but so do I
Member No.: 19,534

I didn't realize 'Snowman' was a brand new song, impressed that it made the top 40, and not that far behind 'Santa's Coming For Us' either ohmy.gif

So glad that someone else voted for 'Where Are You Christmas' and that it made the countdown wub.gif

QUOTE(Thom Xmas Kite @ Dec 20 2020, 05:24 PM) *
Same time tomorrow? biggrin.gif
I will try for the same time tomorrow, but I'll still be at work so it might be a bit later!

+Quote Post
JSG
post Dec 21 2020, 09:22 AM
Post #27
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Christmasteve201 @ Dec 20 2020, 11:06 PM) *
Think this video is from the Andy Williams Christmas show in 1963

It very well might be, but I think this was the best quality video on YouTube.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Dec 21 2020, 09:22 AM
Post #28
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Rizzard @ Dec 21 2020, 12:13 AM) *
I didn't realize 'Snowman' was a brand new song, impressed that it made the top 40, and not that far behind 'Santa's Coming For Us' either ohmy.gif

So glad that someone else voted for 'Where Are You Christmas' and that it made the countdown wub.gif

I will try for the same time tomorrow, but I'll still be at work so it might be a bit later!

I absolutely love Where Are You Christmas. Guess what I'll be charting myself next year kink.gif

+Quote Post
Simon.
post Dec 21 2020, 12:04 PM
Post #29
Sugar Like Apple Pie
Member No.: 126

I feel like there are so many fantastic Christmas songs and having only 30 songs left is worrying me laugh.gif I mean my Christmas playlist has 66 songs, never even heard of Sufjan Stevens.

+Quote Post
King Rollo
post Dec 21 2020, 12:10 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

The Power Of Love - This would have got the full 20 points from me but I wasn't sure if it counted as a Christmas song and when I voted, I hadn't seen it on anyone else's lists. It's only the Nativity video and the fact that it came out in December that have turned it into a Christmas song.

Christmas Unicorn - I'm pleased that someone apart from me gave this enough points for it to make the top 40. I only discovered it last year from the BJSC Christmas spin-off. Did you listen to all 12 minutes of it? It starts slowly but builds up as it goes along. I like the way it turns into Love Will Tear Us Apart towards the end.

Thank God It's Christmas - You couldn't find the official video as they never made one for it. I think it only charted at number 21 as everyone just bought the Band Aid and Wham Christmas songs that year.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Dec 21 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #31
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Rizzard @ Dec 21 2020, 12:13 AM) *

‘Snowman’ was on the 2017 Sia Christmas album so is relatively new!

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 21 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #32

30 • Hurts - All I Want For Christmas Is New Year’s Day | 45 points

10 more songs are being revealed today, and half of them are celebrating a big anniversary this year! We start with Hurts and their original song ‘All I Want For Christmas Is New Year’s Day’, first released 10 years ago in 2010. I’m listening to it now for probably the first time since that year, oops. It’s a perennial favorite for some of you though as I see it mentioned on Buzzjack every December. There’s a music video for the song but I can’t find it on Youtube for some reason…geoblocked maybe? I think the sentiment of the song title is more relevant than ever in 2020…we certainly need a new year!

+Quote Post
danG
post Dec 21 2020, 09:07 PM
Post #33
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

fantastic to see Hurts make an appearance in the top 30!!

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 21 2020, 09:10 PM
Post #34

29 • Abba - Happy New Year | 47 points

Here we have back-to-back songs about New Year’s! I’m not familiar with this one, so I’m listening now, and while it’s no ‘Dancing Queen’ (honestly, I’d much rather listen to that on New Year’s), it’s still very distinctively Abba—who were just named Buzzjack’s 4th-favorite group, in case you missed it!—and the chorus is catchy enough to do the trick. It’s 40 years old this year as well birthday.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 21 2020, 09:20 PM
Post #35

28 • Brenda Lee - Rockin Around The Christmas Tree | 56 points

The one and only Brenda Lee with the original ‘Rockin Around The Christmas Tree’, seemingly more popular than ever this year as it just hit #1 on US Spotify – yes, ahead of even Mariah! It’s not very high in this countdown though, but #28’s not bad for a song that’s over 6 decades old. It first charted in America 60 years ago this year, in 1960, although it didn’t enter the UK chart until 1962. Mel & Kim’s version also received one vote for this countdown.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 21 2020, 09:30 PM
Post #36

27 • Gabriella Cilmi - Warm This Winter | 58 points

I voted for this one and am glad to see others did too! The original is by Connie Francis, but Gabriella Cilmi’s remake has stood the test of time over the past 12 years…on Buzzjack at least, not sure about the general public. Of course, the irony is that Gabriella is Australian, so Christmas is during their summertime and winter is in June and July! That might explain why we don’t have many Christmas classics from down under tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 21 2020, 09:40 PM
Post #37

26 • The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride | 61 points

Ringalingalingalinga-ding-dong-ding! The Ronettes’ version of ‘Sleigh Ride’ might be 57 years old, but it’s so cheerful and catchy that people come back to it every year, and rightfully so. I actually grew up with Debbie Gibson’s version while I’m guessing many of you grew up with S Club Juniors’ cover? It’s weird to me that the Ronettes’ version has some lyrics missing, such as “giddy-up, giddy-up, giddy-up let’s go”, and the pumpkin pie / Currier & Ives references…but it’s still catchy enough that I didn’t even notice that until now!

I'll be back in an hour or so with #25 to #21. There's one song in that batch that I'd call a shock elimination...any guesses? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Dec 21 2020, 10:44 PM
Post #38
BuzzJack Legend

Ahhh this section is full of goodies.

I especially love Warm This Winter but got some reason I didn't even think of it when doing my chart. That actually happened with a lot of tracks for the Christmas chart this year.

I know what the shock elimination is kink.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 21 2020, 10:45 PM
Post #39

25 • Coldplay - Christmas Lights | 73 points

Another song celebrating its 10th anniversary this year…does it feel 10 years old yet!? ‘Christmas Lights’ starts with a somber Chris Martin on piano before building up to a bigger and happier final chorus…pretty much what you’d expect a Coldplay Christmas song to sound like, really. No shade though, it’s quite nice even though it didn’t make my votes.

+Quote Post
Riser
post Dec 21 2020, 10:55 PM
Post #40

24 • Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me | 80 points

I’m sure some of us are surprised to see this as low as #24 ohmy.gif To be fair, it’s done well as one of the most recent tracks in the countdown, not sure if anything more recent is ahead of it (I haven’t seen what’s in the top 20!), and probably just needs more time to compete with the classics we all grew up with. ‘Santa Tell Me’ hardly reinvents the wheel, but it suits Ariana well enough to be her signature Christmas song, and has rightfully grown in popularity every year, to a new peak of #11 so far in 2020. We can only hope it makes the top 10 eventually!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:09 AM