BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nadine Coyle • General Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
sajjadali
post 24th November 2014, 11:20 AM
Post #61
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 1,100

Kimberley has always spoken quite well of Nadine until her book where she spoke a lot more truthfully.

I can't see Kimberley ever saying anything like what Cheryl said.

I can't see her following suit Cheryl and Nicola and unfollowing Nadine on twitter. I know its only twitter, but you have to go to her account and click Unfollow! It takes some effort doing so you must be riled if you go to her page to do it for example. I'm glad Cheryl's album is flopping could stand to be taken down a peg or two after what she said about Nadine so care freely in attitude without a thought when she was getting her 2nd no.1 single this year and breaking that record.

The thing is it's sad it ended like that. I mean they all had a chance with this reunion to let all the old stuff go and end it on a high properly as friends. They did make amends and then something must have happened on tour mid-way. At the start of the tour they were all hugging etc but by the end of the tour Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola wouldn't even make eye contact with Nadine. It's kind of insane. Then the split drama. Has any band ever fell out over something stupid like that.

Why weren't management more competent and informed Nadine of the decision a week or two ago or held a big 'What happens next' meeting. Despite what Kimerberley and Cheryl like to imply i don't think there was an intention to split afterwards at the start. But when Beautiful flopped i think it became clear that any future music not backed by CIN would under perform too so thats when they made the decision. They wanted to keep it open incase things went REALLY well so they could continue cash in, things went well just not Take that well. Maybe those three just made the decision and let Sarah know. Probably told one of management to tell Nadine and then no one did!? Meeting or no meeting four people were happy for the band to split even if Sarah didn't want to the decision was the same the majority wanted it to end. I think not wanting to work with Nadine any more was part of the decision and lets just come here Cheryl knows its in her best interest to be a solo artist right now!

Do you think Cheryl and co could have tried to get back at Nadine for what she did to them i.e hire a band manger without telling them, hold them to ransom to secure a solo deal etc. Could have been a sneaky 'Tweedy' type thing to do.

They publicly kept saying 'we'll see after the tour' which might have lead Nadine on bit. I don't think Nadine and the others were even talking backstage near the end of the tour. She probably just kept herself to herself and went home and came to the next one. So everyone's to blame bit. They make me quite angry really, it is us the fans that gave them their success and i really all the way believed if any band would end as 'friends' and on a 'high' unlike other bands it was them but they became stupid and did exactly that. No communication what do you expect.

Kimberley, Cheryl and Nicola's friendship is to blame bit. It's nice etc. but they have become like a gang. I mean why has Nadine fallen out with all 3 of them!? Why is not just one for example. Those 3 stick together.

At least all is good between Sarah and Nadine as we know she visited Nadine with her baby w00t.gif

Even now Nadine could invited all the girls round or something, or visited Kimberley or something but these people are so s**t and up themselves there's no doing anything.

This post has been edited by sajjadali: 24th November 2014, 11:28 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Carlos V
post 24th November 2014, 01:48 PM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 7,808

lol at your theories.

But not sure about them when Nadine can't even be bothered to tweet a Happy Birthday to Sarah when she does it all on twitter so fans see how much 'she misses GA' (as if!). Shame she didn't miss anyone during the Insatiable campaign when she acted like a total bitch.

She actually blocked me on twitter during the Sweetest High era when I dare to ask her about a Girls Aloud coming back and the three album contract rotf.gif

That's how much she wanted the reunion... That even asking about Girls Aloud coming back with respect she blocked me. That was my first and last question to her because I'm still blocked, like half of the fanbase.

This post has been edited by Carlos V: 24th November 2014, 01:49 PM

+Quote this post
post 24th November 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I'm sure Nadine has Sarah's mobile number. Twitter isn't the only way of communication.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 24th November 2014, 03:44 PM
Post #64
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Yeah Sarah's the only one to have actually spoken to Nadine since the split (Twitter aside) I think, I remember Sarah saying she'd spoken to her a few months ago and was planning to go and visit her!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 24th November 2014, 03:50 PM
Post #65
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

And this is why Sarah is the best! *.* She seems impartial and doesn't take sides, it's the best way to be. I hope the rift between Nadine & Cheryl/Nicola/Kimberley will heal one day. Anything is possible with time.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 24th November 2014, 03:55 PM
Post #66
Group icon

A reunion is definitely possible one day for the reason Jay stated - time is the greatest healer!

Sarah's being very admirable in this situation, she's keeping herself to herself and not being dragged into anything, hats off to her wub.gif

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 24th November 2014, 04:24 PM
Post #67
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

We all know why they would reunite again...

+Quote this post
Only Human
post 25th November 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 8,112

I don't see why Cheryl wouldn't comment back when Nadine has basically blamed the whole split on the three girls (Cheryl, Nicola & Kim).
It was clear Nadine wanted to go solo & when that didn't work out she was suddenly straight up for a reunion.

+Quote this post
post 25th November 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Cheryl unfollwoing Nadine on Twitter is really saddening. why can't they all pretend to be friends?

This post has been edited by Joe.: 25th November 2014, 09:30 PM

+Quote this post
sajjadali
post 30th November 2014, 03:39 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 1,100

Also it's really petty and stupid, does it really cost her anything to keep following her for FFS.
It's not like she's inviting her to her house or something she follows thousands of fans she wouldn't even notice the tweets.
It's her way of sending a clear message. It doesn't achieve anything though
Pretty sad really considering Nadine has recently said some nice things about Cheryl and even tweeted her and Kimberley congrats on her baby and marriage.

I like how Nadine has followed tradition of what Kim and Cheryl did to Nadine when she got engaged and didn't contact her and done the same to kimberley...

This post has been edited by sajjadali: 30th November 2014, 03:40 PM

+Quote this post
Umi
post 30th November 2014, 06:05 PM
Post #71
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659

QUOTE(Joe. @ Nov 23 2014, 09:07 PM) *
^not airing your dirty laundry in public is classy. What's the point of publicly dragging people? it's none of our business who's a bitch and who's full of shit really.

But Nadine did air it in public. Cheryl may have used more visceral language but Nadine is the one who said she was kicked out of the band by a gang of backstabbing bitches. There was no need to do that in public either and to blame Cheryl for not being "classy" when all she was doing was retaliating to someone [publicly] attacking not only her character but that of the rest of the band is really strange. Maybe what Cheryl did wasn't terribly classy but Nadine was arguably worse - what she said was unprovoked.

It's sad to see the forum so split in Cheryl vs Nadine fans. It shouldn't be "no, [NAME] is the one who's a bitch!". They're as bad as each other in terms of what they've recently said.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st December 2014, 02:00 AM
Post #72
Group icon

Umi bye

kink.gif

+Quote this post
kimberley
post 1st December 2014, 03:00 AM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 10,195

Nadine brought this on her self it started mainly when she moved to the US at first it was like " i will only do girls aloud stuff if it is singing if it is not i will not turn up" , to us fans it really did seem like she didn't want to be in the group most of the time, she would rather be in the US.

then she started to not turn up to birthdays , events ect that was important to the other girls (even when she was in London during those events she didn't turn up) . she was never there for the girls after she moved , she just didn't want to know. I am not suprised she is being unfollowed why follow someone that doesn't want to keep in touch. it seems to me that because Nadine has had such bad press of late and a flop solo that she said these things just to save face. Kimberley and Nadine use to be best friends and i don't think Kimberley wrote the stuff she did for nothing, what would she have to gain?. Nadine changed so much because of her big ego " i am the singer of the band".

The has been times when i have not been a fan of Cheryl , but at least with Cheryl she turns up to her work mates events and makes the effort , she really showed how much she loved the group and so did Kimberley, Nicola and Sarah, i never saw that in Nadine for a few of Girls aloud years. They always said if someone didn't want to be in the group anymore they would split up, Nadine was never there so the others probley felt like it was the end for them.

i meet them at the eye lash signing ( kimberley and Cheryl was the most talkative) sadly Sarah and Nicola never spoke ( but Nicola was very chatty at her make up signing) . Nadine seemed very short with me for some odd reason (we never had a fight or nothing and i had never said anythink bad to her i wouldn't do that ) " hi , how are you " i am good thanks as soon as i said thanks she said straight away ooo okay in a tone and that was it, she never spoke again during the signing , i am not sure what went wrong there to be honest .

I follow 4 out of the 5 members of girls aloud, Nadine is the only one i don't follow

This post has been edited by kimberley: 1st December 2014, 03:32 AM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st December 2014, 04:03 AM
Post #74
Group icon

There's two sides to every story. Perhaps the little clique that formed within GA weren't very friendly to Nadine and started to isolate her, making her feel like moving to LA and exploring a solo career would be healthy options for her (this is me speculating, I'm not saying this is definitely how things went down). We just don't know what may have made Nadine start to feel distant towards the other girls. They went from being her close friends (very apparent in the early years) to being her "work colleagues", so something must have gone down on their side to make Nadine feel cool towards them, and evidently vice versa.

Nadine dedicated 7 years to Girls Aloud before she seemingly pushed for the hiatus. 5 albums, 21 singles, and 5 tours where she never missed a single date. Despite living half way around the world she never missed anything truly important, bar the 2008 Brits (which admittedly was a bit dodgy looking, but they didn't win anything anyway so it didn't amount to much more than a red carpet and a night out for them) or if she was ill. In the grand scheme of things she missed very little. She expressed after 'Off The Record' that she had no further interest in appearing in the reality shows, and at the end of the day that's her decision to not get a pay check away from the music side of things. The way people/the girls speak of Nadine, it's as if she jumped shipped within 2 years or something (hi Geri Halliwell). Nadine turned down record deals in the early days to stay loyal to the group. As a vocalist she really held them together, let's be honest, and I'm not sure whether the other girls have much respect for that. Would they have been as successful without Nadine, initially?

It's all very well for Nadine to be dragged like this, but Nadine has never said anything personal about any of them as individuals. Nadine was annoyed about a situation and felt like she was left out of a decision, but she hasn't said "so and so is full of shit, she's a liar".

Sorry to sound biased, I do stress that there must be two sides to every story and maybe both sides acted badly, but it annoys me when Nadine is the one that people tend to throw under the bus. She deserves some more respect, when you look back at Girls Aloud's whole career.

As a slight aside, I think the way Cheryl was with Mel B on the X Factor & Xtra Factor tonight is perhaps a telling glimpse at what Cheryl might be like with people who don't fall in line with what she wants. They went from high 5-ing at the start of the show to Cheryl making a very barbed & passive aggressive comment at Mel B just because Mel didn't choose to save her act.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 1st December 2014, 04:29 AM
Post #75
Group icon

I'm sorry that your meeting with Nadine didn't go well by the way. sad.gif

Strangely when I met Girls Aloud at their 2008 book signing, Nadine was the only one who was friendly and gave me the time of day. Nicola said nothing to me at all, she looked vacantly at me, signed the book and shoved it to her left. Cheryl & Sarah were talking to their security man and pretty much ignored me, save for signing my book (although Sarah did say sorry). Kimberley chatted to my friend behind me in the line while signing my book(!) and didn't acknowledge me at all. Then there was Nadine, who was the first to even say hello, and asked me how I was. By the time I got to Nadine I was feeling really deflated and disappointed, so I probably didn't sound convincing when I said I was great and felt happy to meet them! Still, I didn't hold it against the other 4. Well, after I got over it anyway. kink.gif It was a really quick meeting and the purpose was to sign the book really. I was a bit sad about it for a few days, but eventually I just accepted it for what it was. Although if Nadine hadn't have been nice to me I'd have been completely crushed to be honest, lol.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st December 2014, 08:14 AM
Post #76
Group icon

Gosh that sounds awful, both of you, I'd feel very deflated if I met my faves and got pretty much blanked!

I do think there are two sides to every story and both Nadine and Cheryl will have done things to upset each other, I think you both raise valid points and neither side is wrong exactly. I would love to hear Sarah's take on things as she's the only one who's impartial it would seem, but equally I'm enjoying how she's not saying a word on it, she evidently knows it's not worth sharing as it went on behind closed doors.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post 1st December 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #77
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955

QUOTE(JosephCarey @ Dec 1 2014, 08:14 AM) *
I would love to hear Sarah's take on things as she's the only one who's impartial it would seem, but equally I'm enjoying how she's not saying a word on it, she evidently knows it's not worth sharing as it went on behind closed doors.

Yes I would love a tell all book from Sarah! Like you say, she's always been very friendly with all of them.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 22nd December 2014, 09:00 PM
Post #78
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 22nd December 2014, 09:01 PM