BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You, 25th Anniversary of the Christmas classic!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
dancember
post Yesterday, 12:12 AM
Post #121
I don't think I can remember a colder, lonelier dancember
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Anyway this is #3 in the US this week, it could potentially go #1 for the first time this year!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChristmaSteve201
post Yesterday, 12:24 AM
Post #122
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(dancember @ Dec 9 2019, 11:56 PM) *
OCC will probably inaccurately estimate Mariah's Thursday streaming in a way that conveniently denies her of the last #1 of the year just like last year, I get the feeling. sad.gif

So no year is ever going to be perfect for her if they do this!

+Quote Post
Feel_The_Fever
post Yesterday, 01:48 AM
Post #123
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

Let's hope they are kind to her.

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Yesterday, 09:26 AM
Post #124
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

but the occ people are not [REDACTED], when they estimate Thu streams, they don't just make the average
I was at a big Data Science meeting in London the other week and talked with some people about it and they do it thru a process called "machine learning"... so first you feed the model with real data, ie whats happened with all songs every week since Spotify exists, so real data for every song for every Thursday...
and then you make a model and use the data you have for a particular song you wanna predict, and the model estimates its Thu streams... but it's based on lots and lots of real data and the model learns from this data and then makes. prediction...

there was an example called "would you have survived in the Titanic?"... its there same machine learning, so first you put the data of everyone that was on there titanic, age, sex, class etc and if they survived/died... and then you put your real data, I'm a man, 30, I'm poor so I'd go on 3rd class, and then the model tells you... "you'd have died" smile.gif so the model learns from the data you entered and makes a prediction based on that
Reason for edit: Removed a word.

+Quote Post
joyride
post 14 hours ago
Post #125
New Entry
Member No.: 20,034
   No Gallery Pics

I read that they use a method used in cricket. Darwin something, too lazy to look.

But in other news, a new music video is dropping soon cheer.gif get those streams Mimi!

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post 1 hour ago
Post #126
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Mariah and her team really are pulling out all the stops in the US, there's now a limited signed CD with alternative artwork! https://mariahcareyshop.com/products/all-i-...igital-download

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 01:46 PM