BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Avenged Sevenfold for number 1?, As a tribute rather than 'just something different'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Chez Wombat
post 1st January 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #1
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

In memory of James Sullivan (aka The Rev) I think all Avenged Sevenfold fans should get on the Itunes store and buy it at the little price of 79p!
Do your bit, show the friends, family and most importantly the fellow band mates; M Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance & Johnny Christ love for the band and most importantly, for The Rev.

We are doing this NOT just because The Rev has passed away, but to show that REAL music can make it out there, I'm personally sick of hearing the same manufactured music in the charts, let's have something real and something different make it to the top.

From Sunday the 31st of January is the time to get buying the track! STOP buying it before Sunday the 7th of February. Then the number 1 will be aired on Sunday the 7th of February, 3 days before The Revs birthday, give him a birthday present to remember guys!

Invite your friends!

R.I.P. ♥

Just got this from the facebook page- the songs Seize The Day

Its got a good few months to build up and who knows what will happen? also it poses as a tribute
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
All★bySmashMouth
post 1st January 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #2
Group icon
former insolent era FM11
Pronouns: he
User: 7,795

Over 4000 fans already. Hmm... it might reach 10000 by next week. I doubt they can get it to #1 though, it's not like there's an occasion around that time (except for The Rev's B-day) like a Valentines chart or something.

This post has been edited by Hapinuyir FM11: 1st January 2010, 01:30 AM

+Quote this post
Chris.
post 1st January 2010, 03:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Everything goes numb
User: 4,561

QUOTE(chart wizard @ Jan 1 2010, 01:19 AM) *
In memory of James Sullivan (aka The Rev) I think all Avenged Sevenfold fans should get on the Itunes store and buy it at the little price of 79p!
Do your bit, show the friends, family and most importantly the fellow band mates; M Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance & Johnny Christ love for the band and most importantly, for The Rev.

We are doing this NOT just because The Rev has passed away, but to show that REAL music can make it out there, I'm personally sick of hearing the same manufactured music in the charts, let's have something real and something different make it to the top.

From Sunday the 31st of January is the time to get buying the track! STOP buying it before Sunday the 7th of February. Then the number 1 will be aired on Sunday the 7th of February, 3 days before The Revs birthday, give him a birthday present to remember guys!

Invite your friends!

R.I.P. ♥

Its got a good few months to build up and who knows what will happen? also it poses as a tribute

Not to take a huge p*** on your parade but yanno Rage Against The Machine sort of managed that already, it is a hardly a point as to why we should get it, it's already been proved real music can do it.

Anyway no disrespect to "The Rev" but he was hardly someone important to music, he was a drummer in a metal band who arent really anything special, hardly Michael Jackson is it, who didnt get to number 1 after he died (number 2 though).

And tbh I doubt A7X even have enough fans.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 1st January 2010, 03:14 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632

QUOTE(chart wizard @ Jan 1 2010, 01:19 AM) *

Invite your friends!

R.I.P. ♥

If you NOT doing it becuase The Rev died then why didnt you do it last month? 6 months? year ago?

+Quote this post
Shaky Fan
post 1st January 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 509

****! We're going to be plagued by these bloody campaigns now with people thinking "well RATM did it!". rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Shaky Fan: 1st January 2010, 03:54 PM

+Quote this post
Severin
post 1st January 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

Seems to be a fair few of these now

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2279...3549&ref=ts

This one has 19,000

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 1st January 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #7
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

its not my campaign! I just found it

+Quote this post
WesWhite
post 1st January 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,241

I think this one's going to do it, personally -

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&a...id=215163731304

+Quote this post
Severin
post 1st January 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

QUOTE(WesWhite @ Jan 1 2010, 04:02 PM) *
I think this one's going to do it, personally -

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&a...id=215163731304

I admit they've got a long time to gear up for that and have a reasonable chance

+Quote this post
WesWhite
post 1st January 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(Severin @ Jan 1 2010, 04:11 PM) *
I admit they've got a long time to gear up for that and have a reasonable chance

The Avenged Sevenfold one is indeed growing quite fast right now too though - more than one a minute - if that's more than just temporary there could well be a rash of these things.

This post has been edited by WesWhite: 1st January 2010, 04:29 PM

+Quote this post
Dark Horse
post 1st January 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,457

it might reach the top 100...

+Quote this post
biffff
post 1st January 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #12
Group icon
bandontherun
User: 1,450

Well, good luck with that.. rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
WesWhite
post 1st January 2010, 05:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

I'm interested in the skepticism... a lot of people thought the RATM campaign wasn't going to go anywhere either, even when they had over a hundred thousand members. The Avenged Sevenfold thing isn't for me but it's clearly got momentum - the Sex Pistols one is I think a really good idea.

I've got a bigger idea though happy.gif

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 1st January 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

I'm gonna do a SASH! campaign! Sash to finally get a UK #1! Now that's a good campaign, plus he's alive, that's always a bonus!

+Quote this post
Storm Lee
post 2nd January 2010, 10:50 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I Am The Storm
User: 10,366

QUOTE(Christopher. @ Jan 1 2010, 03:12 PM) *
Not to take a huge p*** on your parade but yanno Rage Against The Machine sort of managed that already, it is a hardly a point as to why we should get it, it's already been proved real music can do it.

Anyway no disrespect to "The Rev" but he was hardly someone important to music, he was a drummer in a metal band who arent really anything special, hardly Michael Jackson is it, who didnt get to number 1 after he died (number 2 though).

And tbh I doubt A7X even have enough fans.

It's in memory of The Rev, not because we want to see something different, although it will be a breath of fresh air too.

He was a lot to music, one of the best drummers from a very popular band might I add.

And tey have LOTS of fans in the UK, 24,600 members of that Facebook group already, and around 10 new ones every minute or so...you do the math. still a month to go until the group starts downloading the single. When that happens there will be at least 50,000 members, enough to get it into the top 5 at least.

This post has been edited by Sunset Vista: 2nd January 2010, 10:50 PM

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 3rd January 2010, 03:02 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632

QUOTE(Sunset Vista @ Jan 2 2010, 10:50 PM) *
It's in memory of The Rev, not because we want to see something different, although it will be a breath of fresh air too.

He was a lot to music, one of the best drummers from a very popular band might I add.

And tey have LOTS of fans in the UK, 24,600 members of that Facebook group already, and around 10 new ones every minute or so...you do the math. still a month to go until the group starts downloading the single. When that happens there will be at least 50,000 members, enough to get it into the top 5 at least.

Its a shame none of those 50,00 fans bought any of their singles, because maybe then 1 of their 5 singles that entered the chart would have got higher than 44. These whole campaigns really annoy me. Im a huge Kylie, Madonna, Pink etc fan but im not going to all of a sudden buy there music again or expect others just becuase they died. If you like a song then buy it, not just becuase something bad has happened.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:33 AM