BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
26 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mel B • General Discussion, Brutally Honest re-release on paperback
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Mr.X
post 2nd October 2023, 09:38 PM
Post #461
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Oct 2 2023, 06:00 PM) *
Re-releasing an autobiography over 5 years after original release is quite a surprising move. Is that quite rare? Usually I notice autobiographies getting a paperback release a few months after the hardback, either with a slight update to it or no update at all. But I haven’t noticed any get re-released after many years. Interesting decision from Mel and the publishers.

I wonder if they’ll leave all the previous chapters untouched, and add a new chapter, or chapters. Her book is all over the place in terms of jumping around the timelines of events, so I’m not sure whether they’d try and add new stuff within the book, or make it more straightforward and add it all to the end.

Hopefully new artwork is a given, something superior to the original art. Her image nowadays is more recognisably Mel B than back then. I wonder if it’ll still be credited to “Melanie Brown”? I know the book did well in the first place, but I feel like “Mel B” on the cover would be beneficial over Melanie Brown.

I would say this is more interesting than Emma & Melanie C reissuing vinyl in different colours!

Thats for damn sure! Mel's book might be a bit all over the place as you say, but it did give us a lot of new insight into the 2007-2008 reunion at least.

Also, I forget what she said about the Olympics era? Anything?... i can't really remember anything at all

Hope we get some juicy intel teresa.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 21st November 2023, 05:25 PM
Post #462
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

A rare performance of Tell Me at TMF Awards 2000 has just been uploaded to YouTube:

Bless Mel. She could have had it all heart.gif

+Quote this post
Matttttt
post 22nd November 2023, 02:26 AM
Post #463
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 67,132

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 21 2023, 11:25 AM) *
A rare performance of Tell Me at TMF Awards 2000 has just been uploaded to YouTube:

Ooh I’ve seen this one before! At the end the turn her mic on and she shouts out Mel C, who was coming out later to sing. Guess they cut that part out sad.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 22nd November 2023, 11:14 AM
Post #464
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Matttttt @ Nov 22 2023, 03:26 AM) *
Ooh I’ve seen this one before! At the end the turn her mic on and she shouts out Mel C, who was coming out later to sing. Guess they cut that part out sad.gif

Oh that's a shame! A bit of girl power is always welcomed teresa.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 22nd November 2023, 11:15 AM
Post #465
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Variety has mentioned Mel B as one of the Top Female Reality TV Stars. She seemingly comes right at the top:

Mel B is best known as Scary Spice thanks to her decades performing with the Spice Girls. But she’s also been on unscripted television for more than 15 years, appearing as a judge on “America’s Got Talent,” “The X Factor” in the U.K. and “The Masked Singer Australia.” This year, she competed on Fox’s “Special Forces: World’s Toughest Test,” and judged Paramount+’s “Queen of the Universe.” And while she’s not on dating shows, she likes to watch them. “I can’t get enough of ‘Married at First Sight,’” says Mel B. “I’ve watched every version there is. I find it totally fascinating!”

Link to article

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 23rd November 2023, 11:46 AM
Post #466
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Brutally Honest will have 3 new chapters, but it’s sticking with the original cover art. Out 7th March 2024.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 23rd November 2023, 01:17 PM
Post #467
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I WANT SPICE GIRLS GOSSIP MEL B!!! Give us info on the reason you cancelled the 2019 international dates, why was the planned documentary in 2019 also cancelled??

GIVE US EVERYTHING WE NEED cheer.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 23rd November 2023, 02:48 PM
Post #468
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 23 2023, 01:17 PM) *
I WANT SPICE GIRLS GOSSIP MEL B!!! Give us info on the reason you cancelled the 2019 international dates, why was the planned documentary in 2019 also cancelled??

GIVE US EVERYTHING WE NEED cheer.gif

Well one word can answer those questions - Geri.

The release date is interesting as that is the date I'm expecting the documentary to either release or the first big trailer. If it is for the 30th anniversary the only solid date from 1994 is the day of the audition which was very early March iirc.

Would make sense to have it out when hype and interest is at max.

+Quote this post
Babyboy
post 29th January 2024, 10:44 PM
Post #469
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,611

https://youtu.be/68kiUNQegLo?si=SCXPS-OEwMBfsQaz

This is an jingle of a famous italian radio. One of the Dj confirmed it was recorded by Mel B in 1999.
It's still on the radio everyday.

+Quote this post
Buzzz
post 10th February 2024, 10:20 AM
Post #470
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 173,178

I had no clue she was in such a terrible place financially after her divorce.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 10th February 2024, 10:32 AM
Post #471
Group icon

I’m very glad that she’s in a much more stable position now. wub.gif

+Quote this post
colinn
post 10th February 2024, 11:23 AM
Post #472
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 18,033

Always have so much love and respect for Mel, so glad to see she's in a much better place.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 10th February 2024, 11:40 AM
Post #473
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Hmmmm, that post is interesting. I happen to know where she has been living in a 3 million pound mansion in what is possibly, THE most prestigous area of Leeds for the last few years. I guess she was renting the place, however she was certainly not penniless or living a life of someone who was truly broke.

Don't get me wrong I am not taking away how difficult the whole thing must have been for her, but she is not the normal woman who is financially left with nothing following leaving an abusive partner.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 10th February 2024, 01:11 PM
Post #474
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Feb 10 2024, 11:40 AM) *
Hmmmm, that post is interesting. I happen to know where she has been living in a 3 million pound mansion in what is possibly, THE most prestigous area of Leeds for the last few years. I guess she was renting the place, however she was certainly not penniless or living a life of someone who was truly broke.

Don't get me wrong I am not taking away how difficult the whole thing must have been for her, but she is not the normal woman who is financially left with nothing following leaving an abusive partner.

Yeah I agree. Even from posts we've seen over the last few years, that 'mum's shed' she talks about looked like a million pound-worth lol

Love Mel B but even when she was 'bankrupt' that just might mean her 'business' was pennyless. SHE herself is not a working class or poor, come on... Even after the divorce before she moved to Leeds, she was living in a private condo in LA. Sure it wasnt a mansion like she was used to, but lets be honest here...

Good for her that she finally has gotten back to the level she wanted/was used to though, for sure...

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 10th February 2024, 04:50 PM
Post #475
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Feb 10 2024, 01:11 PM) *
Yeah I agree. Even from posts we've seen over the last few years, that 'mum's shed' she talks about looked like a million pound-worth lol

Love Mel B but even when she was 'bankrupt' that just might mean her 'business' was pennyless. SHE herself is not a working class or poor, come on... Even after the divorce before she moved to Leeds, she was living in a private condo in LA. Sure it wasnt a mansion like she was used to, but lets be honest here...

Good for her that she finally has gotten back to the level she wanted/was used to though, for sure...

It is, her mother lives round the corner from me in the big houses, they are 800k upwards. I'd bloody love one of those houses they are utterly gorgeous wub.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 24th February 2024, 11:47 PM
Post #476
Group icon

'START FROM SCRATCH' I was so broke after I left abusive ex I was secretly shopping in Lidl & sleeping in same bed as 3 kids, reveals Mel B
When the star walked out of her abusive ten-year marriage in 2017 she had just £700 in the bank

SPICE Girl Mel B has revealed how she was left so broke after walking out on her abusive marriage that she took to shopping in budget stores Lidl and Costco to save cash.

Melanie Brown, 48, returned to her native Leeds in 2019 — a year after divorcing abusive ex Stephen Belafonte.

But she was so drained of cash following the ten-year marriage she was forced to move in to mum Andrea’s bungalow with her three kids.

Mel, who has made more than £80million in her career, says: “People will assume, ‘She’s rich, she’s a Spice Girl’.

“But I went from performing to thousands at Wembley on the Spice Girls’ 13-date Reunion Tour in 2019 to squeezing into my mum’s with my kids sleeping in bed with me.

“I didn’t expect that to happen in my 40s after a successful career but I had nowhere else to go.

“Because I was so badly affected financially from my relationship, I had to pick up the pieces.”

When Melanie Brown walked out of her abusive ten-year marriage in 2017 she had just £700 in the bank with costly divorce and custody battles to fight.

It has taken her five years to save the cash to move out of her mum’s, and she finally exchanged on a converted farmhouse in West Yorkshire earlier this month.

Although Mel had carved out a successful career during her ten-year stint living in Los Angeles, appearing in the US version of Strictly, Dancing With The Stars, and as a judge on America’s Got Talent, she claims she lost control of her fortune while married to film producer Belafonte, 48.

Sparkling Spice
But in the wake of her split, Mel has rebuilt.

She was Seahorse on The Masked Singer in 2021, is a judge on the show’s Australian version and this year returned to the America’s Got Talent panel.

She adds: “Luckily, I have always been a hard worker. I thoroughly enjoy my job and have thrown myself into it.

“I spend a lot of time speaking to abuse survivors and I want to show abuse, including financial abuse, can happen to anyone, and you can build yourself back up.”

Mel recalls how she went from having a loft apartment in LA, a ten-bed pile in Marlow, Bucks, and owning an impressive collection of furniture and art, to doing the weekly shop at budget stores.

She says: “In LA I hadn’t bought a pint of milk in years.

“But back home I would buy in bulk from Costco and got really into shopping in Aldi and Lidl.

“It was Covid times and I would put on my face mask and no one would recognise me.

“I stood in a queue for the first time in a long time. No one batted an eyelid.

“After being in an abusive relationship for years you really have to rebuild yourself inside and out. Nobody can do that apart from you.

“Having to budget and learn how much a packet of crisps costs again kind of felt like me reclaiming my power.

“I felt I went back to my Leeds roots, and I have never forgotten where I came from.”

Mel also switched from Scary Spice to Sparkling Spice.

She says: “I love cleaning. If there is something abnormal going on, like I am fighting in the courts, steaming the floors or doing laundry makes me feel normal and OK.

“I’ve tried out every steamer for floors. Seeing how clean something is gives me instant gratification.”

Astonishingly, the singer had become so isolated in LA that there were everyday things she was clueless about.

She says: “I would say to people, ‘Do you know there is this service called Amazon that delivers to your door?’ And they would be like, ‘Of course!’

“But I didn’t have access to a credit card during my relationship and was working 24/7.”

Mel, awarded an MBE in 2022 for her work as a patron for domestic abuse charity Women’s Aid, says of her time with Belafonte: “I had always taken care of my own money but over time I didn’t worry about money because in my eyes he was taking care of it.

“But afterwards I realised, ‘Oh my God, I am going to have to start from scratch, Ground Zero’.”

Scary Spice admits that even when safely cocooned in her mum’s bungalow, with her ex thousands of miles away, she struggled to shake off the trauma of that relationship.

She says: “The past five years living with my mum have been intense.

“When you are in an abusive relationship it affects your whole family and I was really angry at my mum for a while.

“I was like, ‘Why didn’t you come and get me when I was with Stephen?’

“But I didn’t know he was calling her and yelling at her and she didn’t know how to reach me.

“You have to build those relationships back up and living in that small bungalow saved ours because there was no escape.

“We joked it was like Last Of The Summer Wine meets One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.

“My mum would say, ‘But you’ve left him, you’re away, you’re fine’. But it isn’t like that.

“A friend once asked me what it was like being in my head.

“The only way I could describe it was it is like being in a house where a baby is crying but you can never find the room where the baby is.

“I’m a work in progress. But look how far I’ve come.

“A few years ago if a door slammed I would jump out of my skin. Now I think, ‘It’s just a door’.”

Continuing hurt
A continuing hurt has been ­separation from youngest child Madison, since courts ruled after expensive custody wrangling that, as a US citizen, the 12-year-old must live with dad Belafonte, who also has daughter Giselle, 19.

Mel, also mum to 16-year-old Angel, from a romance with actor Eddie Murphy, and Phoenix, 25, from a previous marriage to dancer Jimmy Gulzar, now sees Madison only in school holidays.

She says: “It is like having an arm cut off. She is my baby. I have spent a fortune on legal battles but at least she spends big chunks of time here.

“In the eyes of the court I’m the big earner and have to pay his court fees as well as my own.

“I’ve been campaigning through my work on behalf of Women’s Aid for the court system to better understand financial abuse.”

Mel reached a divorce settlement in August 2018 which involved all abuse charges being dropped.

Pivotal in rebuilding her self-esteem has been her fiancé, Leeds hairdresser Rory McPhee, 36.

She says: “He is a family friend and I have known him for a long time. So there was a foundation of trust and respect.

“And he is a great hairdresser! When I came back home in 2019 he nurtured my curls back and at the same time nurtured my trust and affection, and it just grew bit by bit.

“I kept pushing him away, saying, ‘I’m damaged goods’.

“But Rory can’t even understand how someone would even raise their voice to a woman. He is a great influence on me. If I am ­getting manic he can calm me.”

This year marks three decades since the Spice Girls formed and rumours of reunion gigs have been rife, although Sporty Spice (Mel C) yesterday claimed it was just talk.

Mel B adds: “All our mums get along. If there is a bit of a tiff or we get excited about something, all the mums seem to know everything first.

“My mum will be like, ‘I just got off the phone to Pauline (Baby Spice Emma Bunton’s mother) and I hear you are doing . . . ’”

Her bandmates have always been supportive.

She says: “Emma bawled her eyes out when she read my book (2018 memoir Brutally Honest).

“But there was nothing she or any of them could have done, I lied to everyone about my relationship, including myself.”

Mel says the band have recently supported Ginger Spice (Geri Horner) who has stood by her husband, Red Bull F1 boss Christian Horner, amid a probe into claims — which he vehemently denies — that he sent suggestive texts to a female colleague.

Mel says: “We have a WhatsApp group and we have sent messages.”

Mel has a packed diary this year, but many engagements seem a long way from her jet-set Spice days.

She says: “I’m going to Buckingham Palace in a few weeks for an International Women’s Day event with the Queen.

“Later in the year I am addressing the Women’s Institute at the Royal Albert Hall. It’s mad, I’m joining the Jam and Jerusalem crowd.”

Mel’s updated Brutally Honest, written with Louise Gannon (Quadrille, £10.99), is republished on March 7.

Exclusive extracts are in this week’s Sun on Sunday.

Source: The Sun

-------------------------------------------

MEL B plans to tie the knot with fiancé Rory McPhee in St Paul’s Cathedral.

She says: “As I have an MBE I am allowed to marry at St Paul’s.

“They only do a small number of weddings a year so we are on the waiting list.”

Mel hopes it will be this year or next, and explains how she and Rory had to meet the chaplain of St Paul’s.

She says: “Because I have been married twice before we talked about that.

“I was very open and honest.

“I take marriage seriously and am actually very traditional.

“I spoke about how I was married for ten very abusive years.

“Before the conversation even ended they said they would approve us.

“I keep thinking how proud my dad Martin, who died in 2017, would have been.”

The Spice Girls are invited.

Mel joked: “They won’t be bridesmaids though, we are all too old.”

TALK OF THE TOWN Mel B reveals surprise career change in ‘huge moment’ she’s spent ‘years looking for’
The Spice Girls' star said her new job was influenced by her being a mum

SPICE GIRLS singer Mel B has got a job as a telly voiceover actress.

She narrates new Sky Kids series Happy Town, which follows a problem-solving hedgehog and ladybird pals Pep and Tabitha.

The insects must lift the spirits of the creatures, as the lights of the cartoon town are powered by their glee.

Mel said: “This is a huge moment for me – my first time as a narrator.

“I’ve spent years looking for the perfect children’s show to get involved with because I’m a mum of three, and I believe that little ones learn so much through brilliant, colourful, creative storytelling.

“At Happy Town’s heart is adventure and great entertainment – just like me really!”

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 25th February 2024, 12:09 AM
Post #477
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Nov 21 2023, 05:25 PM) *

Shame the press ripped rhem down. She cojlda been huge!

She looks great, but question: Tell Me was released in winter, with Hollier, sooo ... why is she wearing a t shirt??? She's outside. It must be freezin!!

+Quote this post
Doomsday Dong
post 25th February 2024, 12:11 AM
Post #478
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Feb 24 2024, 11:47 PM) *
'START FROM SCRATCH' I was so broke after I left abusive ex I was secretly shopping in Lidl & sleeping in same bed as 3 kids, reveals Mel B
When the star walked out of her abusive ten-year marriage in 2017 she had just £700 in the bank

SPICE Girl Mel B has revealed how she was left so broke after walking out on her abusive marriage that she took to shopping in budget stores Lidl and Costco to save cash.

Melanie Brown, 48, returned to her native Leeds in 2019 — a year after divorcing abusive ex Stephen Belafonte.

But she was so drained of cash following the ten-year marriage she was forced to move in to mum Andrea’s bungalow with her three kids.

Mel, who has made more than £80million in her career, says: “People will assume, ‘She’s rich, she’s a Spice Girl’.

“But I went from performing to thousands at Wembley on the Spice Girls’ 13-date Reunion Tour in 2019 to squeezing into my mum’s with my kids sleeping in bed with me.

“I didn’t expect that to happen in my 40s after a successful career but I had nowhere else to go.

“Because I was so badly affected financially from my relationship, I had to pick up the pieces.”

When Melanie Brown walked out of her abusive ten-year marriage in 2017 she had just £700 in the bank with costly divorce and custody battles to fight.

It has taken her five years to save the cash to move out of her mum’s, and she finally exchanged on a converted farmhouse in West Yorkshire earlier this month.

Although Mel had carved out a successful career during her ten-year stint living in Los Angeles, appearing in the US version of Strictly, Dancing With The Stars, and as a judge on America’s Got Talent, she claims she lost control of her fortune while married to film producer Belafonte, 48.

Sparkling Spice
But in the wake of her split, Mel has rebuilt.

She was Seahorse on The Masked Singer in 2021, is a judge on the show’s Australian version and this year returned to the America’s Got Talent panel.

She adds: “Luckily, I have always been a hard worker. I thoroughly enjoy my job and have thrown myself into it.

“I spend a lot of time speaking to abuse survivors and I want to show abuse, including financial abuse, can happen to anyone, and you can build yourself back up.”

Mel recalls how she went from having a loft apartment in LA, a ten-bed pile in Marlow, Bucks, and owning an impressive collection of furniture and art, to doing the weekly shop at budget stores.

She says: “In LA I hadn’t bought a pint of milk in years.

“But back home I would buy in bulk from Costco and got really into shopping in Aldi and Lidl.

“It was Covid times and I would put on my face mask and no one would recognise me.

“I stood in a queue for the first time in a long time. No one batted an eyelid.

“After being in an abusive relationship for years you really have to rebuild yourself inside and out. Nobody can do that apart from you.

“Having to budget and learn how much a packet of crisps costs again kind of felt like me reclaiming my power.

“I felt I went back to my Leeds roots, and I have never forgotten where I came from.”

Mel also switched from Scary Spice to Sparkling Spice.

She says: “I love cleaning. If there is something abnormal going on, like I am fighting in the courts, steaming the floors or doing laundry makes me feel normal and OK.

“I’ve tried out every steamer for floors. Seeing how clean something is gives me instant gratification.”

Astonishingly, the singer had become so isolated in LA that there were everyday things she was clueless about.

She says: “I would say to people, ‘Do you know there is this service called Amazon that delivers to your door?’ And they would be like, ‘Of course!’

“But I didn’t have access to a credit card during my relationship and was working 24/7.”

Mel, awarded an MBE in 2022 for her work as a patron for domestic abuse charity Women’s Aid, says of her time with Belafonte: “I had always taken care of my own money but over time I didn’t worry about money because in my eyes he was taking care of it.

“But afterwards I realised, ‘Oh my God, I am going to have to start from scratch, Ground Zero’.”

Scary Spice admits that even when safely cocooned in her mum’s bungalow, with her ex thousands of miles away, she struggled to shake off the trauma of that relationship.

She says: “The past five years living with my mum have been intense.

“When you are in an abusive relationship it affects your whole family and I was really angry at my mum for a while.

“I was like, ‘Why didn’t you come and get me when I was with Stephen?’

“But I didn’t know he was calling her and yelling at her and she didn’t know how to reach me.

“You have to build those relationships back up and living in that small bungalow saved ours because there was no escape.

“We joked it was like Last Of The Summer Wine meets One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.

“My mum would say, ‘But you’ve left him, you’re away, you’re fine’. But it isn’t like that.

“A friend once asked me what it was like being in my head.

“The only way I could describe it was it is like being in a house where a baby is crying but you can never find the room where the baby is.

“I’m a work in progress. But look how far I’ve come.

“A few years ago if a door slammed I would jump out of my skin. Now I think, ‘It’s just a door’.”

Continuing hurt
A continuing hurt has been ­separation from youngest child Madison, since courts ruled after expensive custody wrangling that, as a US citizen, the 12-year-old must live with dad Belafonte, who also has daughter Giselle, 19.

Mel, also mum to 16-year-old Angel, from a romance with actor Eddie Murphy, and Phoenix, 25, from a previous marriage to dancer Jimmy Gulzar, now sees Madison only in school holidays.

She says: “It is like having an arm cut off. She is my baby. I have spent a fortune on legal battles but at least she spends big chunks of time here.

“In the eyes of the court I’m the big earner and have to pay his court fees as well as my own.

“I’ve been campaigning through my work on behalf of Women’s Aid for the court system to better understand financial abuse.”

Mel reached a divorce settlement in August 2018 which involved all abuse charges being dropped.

Pivotal in rebuilding her self-esteem has been her fiancé, Leeds hairdresser Rory McPhee, 36.

She says: “He is a family friend and I have known him for a long time. So there was a foundation of trust and respect.

“And he is a great hairdresser! When I came back home in 2019 he nurtured my curls back and at the same time nurtured my trust and affection, and it just grew bit by bit.

“I kept pushing him away, saying, ‘I’m damaged goods’.

“But Rory can’t even understand how someone would even raise their voice to a woman. He is a great influence on me. If I am ­getting manic he can calm me.”

This year marks three decades since the Spice Girls formed and rumours of reunion gigs have been rife, although Sporty Spice (Mel C) yesterday claimed it was just talk.

Mel B adds: “All our mums get along. If there is a bit of a tiff or we get excited about something, all the mums seem to know everything first.

“My mum will be like, ‘I just got off the phone to Pauline (Baby Spice Emma Bunton’s mother) and I hear you are doing . . . ’”

Her bandmates have always been supportive.

She says: “Emma bawled her eyes out when she read my book (2018 memoir Brutally Honest).

“But there was nothing she or any of them could have done, I lied to everyone about my relationship, including myself.”

Mel says the band have recently supported Ginger Spice (Geri Horner) who has stood by her husband, Red Bull F1 boss Christian Horner, amid a probe into claims — which he vehemently denies — that he sent suggestive texts to a female colleague.

Mel says: “We have a WhatsApp group and we have sent messages.”

Mel has a packed diary this year, but many engagements seem a long way from her jet-set Spice days.

She says: “I’m going to Buckingham Palace in a few weeks for an International Women’s Day event with the Queen.

“Later in the year I am addressing the Women’s Institute at the Royal Albert Hall. It’s mad, I’m joining the Jam and Jerusalem crowd.”

Mel’s updated Brutally Honest, written with Louise Gannon (Quadrille, £10.99), is republished on March 7.

Exclusive extracts are in this week’s Sun on Sunday.

MEL B plans to tie the knot with fiancé Rory McPhee in St Paul’s Cathedral.

She says: “As I have an MBE I am allowed to marry at St Paul’s.

“They only do a small number of weddings a year so we are on the waiting list.”

Mel hopes it will be this year or next, and explains how she and Rory had to meet the chaplain of St Paul’s.

She says: “Because I have been married twice before we talked about that.

“I was very open and honest.

“I take marriage seriously and am actually very traditional.

“I spoke about how I was married for ten very abusive years.

“Before the conversation even ended they said they would approve us.

“I keep thinking how proud my dad Martin, who died in 2017, would have been.”

The Spice Girls are invited.

Mel joked: “They won’t be bridesmaids though, we are all too old.”

TALK OF THE TOWN Mel B reveals surprise career change in ‘huge moment’ she’s spent ‘years looking for’
The Spice Girls' star said her new job was influenced by her being a mum

SPICE GIRLS singer Mel B has got a job as a telly voiceover actress.

She narrates new Sky Kids series Happy Town, which follows a problem-solving hedgehog and ladybird pals Pep and Tabitha.

The insects must lift the spirits of the creatures, as the lights of the cartoon town are powered by their glee.

Mel said: “This is a huge moment for me – my first time as a narrator.

“I’ve spent years looking for the perfect children’s show to get involved with because I’m a mum of three, and I believe that little ones learn so much through brilliant, colourful, creative storytelling.

“At Happy Town’s heart is adventure and great entertainment – just like me really!”

The Sun reported on her money PLUS her mobe into her ma's when it happened. My qu3stion is: who told them?? Mel or her mam?

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 7th March 2024, 03:55 PM
Post #479
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Has anyone read the new chapters of her book? Just wondering if she shared anymore info around the Spice tour 2019 and any other info on the girls?

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 7th March 2024, 07:03 PM
Post #480
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

Like Rosie Frost most people on Spice Circle seem to be buying it for collection purposes only. I haven't seen one topic about the actual content of the new chapters.

It is no wonder they put zero effort into anything these days when the hardcore fans would buy anything.

+Quote this post

26 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 6th June 2024, 09:27 PM