BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Mongrels // Season 2, BBC3 // Monday // 10:30pm
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Doug
post 16th November 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #1
Group icon
I can't help that I need it all...
User: 9,410

this show begun during the summer of last year, and is back for a new season! wub.gif some may have caught it during the first season, some may have not. for those who haven't, you have MISSED OUT. it's an animal puppet show which isn't as innocent as it looks - the animals are all pretty mature and find themselves in realistic situations.
this show was probably my favourite discovery of last year. it's just fantastic: from the adorable characters and the mature storylines.

the new season started last week, and episode 3 was last night. visit here if you wish to catch up. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 23rd November 2011, 11:44 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Probably the least funny programme I've EVER watched. Seriously awful.

+Quote this post
Gezza
post 24th November 2011, 12:08 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Ciao, 911? E 'Quagmire. Sì, è preso nella finestra di questo
User: 13,341

Actually I love Mongrels- though the second series hasn't yet proved as funny as the first but there's time.......

+Quote this post
Doug
post 24th November 2011, 01:12 AM
Post #4
Group icon

yeah I think so far that this season hasn't lived up to the first, the latest episode in particular was very underwhelming. too much of vince who is imo, the worst character there. an episode mainly orientated around kali is what it needs. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Doug
post 9th February 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #5
Group icon

I'm sure no one cares, but...

Mongrels friends, it is my unbearably sad duty to announce that we will not be returning for a third series on BBC THREE, a decision that has been made based on the fact that apparently you need more than two people watching a programme to make it successful. Crazy talk. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at BBC Comedy, BBC THREE and BBC Worldwide who have supported us so strongly over the years, and helped us put our silly puppet show on the digital screens of the nation.

I’d also like to thank, from the bottom of my heart, all the writers, cast, crew and support team who have made a horribly challenging show such an utter joy to make. This news could not be less of a reflection on your brilliant work.

Most of all I’d like to thank those of you that loved watching Mongrels as much as we loved making it. It’s wonderfully reassuring to think that we weren’t mad after all, and that what we find funny, other people do too.

I’d like to believe that there’s room on television for a little show like ours; one that's not just another sitcom, one that tries to do things a bit differently and that tries to push a few boundaries here and there. Who knows, maybe we’ll find a that room in the future. I hope it has a minibar.

But why listen to me moan when you can listen to a chimpanzee singing.

Thank you for watching. Both of you

Adam Miller
Creator, Mongrels

from their facebook page. sad. sad.gif this can join the mighty boosh, coming of age and how not to live your life on the pile of amazing shows on bbc three that couldn't make it.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:41 PM