BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> SUPER EUROVISION '12 // 2006
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
p a v
post 12th February 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #1
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Hello and welcome to the past. Or, to be exact, the absolutely fabulous year 2006 and 51st Eurovision Song Contest that was held in Athens!

Here you will find the full Semifinal show and here is the Final of Eurovision 2006, also in its entirety.

I hope these links work for y'all.

Here are the individual performances, in random order, containing ALL songs from Eurovision 2006.

01. Slovenia // Anžej Dežan - Mr Nobody
02. Malta // Fabrizio Faniello - I Do
03. Finland // Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah
04. Estonia // Sandra Oxenryd - Through My Window
05. Belgium // Kate Ryan - Je t'adore
06. Croatia // Severina - Moja štikla
07. Romania // Mihai Trăistariu - Tornerņ
08. Cyprus // Annet Artani - Why Angels Cry
09. Germany // Texas Lightning - No No Never
10. Poland // Ich Troje feat. Real McCoy - Follow My Heart

11. Albania // Luiz Ejlli - Zjarr e ftohtė
12. Russia // Dima Bilan - Never Let You Go
13. Armenia // André - Without Your Love
14. The Netherlands // Treble - Amambanda
15. Spain // Las Ketchup - Bloody Mary
16. Monaco // Séverine Ferrer - La Coco-Dance
17. Greece // Anna Vissi - Everything
18. Bulgaria // Mariana Popova - Let Me Cry
19. Belarus // Polina Smolova - Mum
20. Norway // Christine Guldbrandsen - Alvedansen

21. Sweden // Carola - Invincible
22. Bosnia and Herzegovina // Hari Mata Hari - Lejla
23. Denmark // Sidsel Ben Semmane - Twist of Love
24. United Kingdom // Daz Sampson - Teenage Life
25. Iceland // Silvia Night - Congratulations
26. Turkey // Sibel Tüzün - Süper Star
27. Ireland // Brian Kennedy - Every Song Is a Cry for Love
28. France // Virginie Pouchain - Il était temps
29. Macedonia // Elena Risteska - Ninanajna
30. Latvia // Vocal Group Cosmos - I Hear Your Heart

31. Moldova // Arsenium feat. Natalia Gordienko & Connect-R - Loca
32. Andorra // Jenny - Sense tu
33. Ukraine // Tina Karol - Show Me Your Love
34. Portugal // Nonstop - Coisas de nada
35. Lithuania // LT United - We Are the Winners
36. Switzerland // six4one - If We All Give a Little
37. Israel // Eddie Butler - Together We Are One

Here's the RECAP of all 37 entries.

As always, you vote using the traditional Eurovision system, i.e. 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points, and send the scores to me by PM! 6 songs will qualify for the Semifinals. If you already voted and realised that you missed something, you can change your votes if you want.

You have until evening of SUNDAY, February 19th to vote. And yeah, vote for you favourite song, and not the country, etc.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 12th February 2012, 06:51 PM
Post #2
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480

2006! *.*

+Quote this post
p a v
post 12th February 2012, 06:56 PM
Post #3
Group icon

This year will be exciting results-wise, as I have no idea what will do well. Except for one country we all know (and some even love) obviously.

3 girls in the Top 10, and none in the Top 4 (not counting the chick from Lordi)! ohmy.gif Now this is a penis Eurovision year.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 12th February 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

What a good year! I do hope the obvious (and frankly nowhere near as good as people think it is) song doesn't win.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 12th February 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
DROTTNING!

There's NOTHING WRONG with LOVING CAROLA JOHN

+Quote this post
p a v
post 12th February 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #6
Group icon

QUOTE(JohnMK @ Feb 12 2012, 11:02 PM) *
What a good year! I do hope the obvious (and frankly nowhere near as good as people think it is) song doesn't win.

Yet you still voted for it! kink.gif If I understand which this song is, of course.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 12th February 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Oh don't get me wrong, I like it, I just don't LOVE IT. It's entirely worthy of the score I gave it.

+Quote this post
Sempachorra
post 12th February 2012, 07:15 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Let's Go Brandon
User: 421

I find Sweden overrated several times, but Invincible is pretty great wub.gif Not as great as a certain other dance entry from 06 though... tongue.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 12th February 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

My personal highlights and lowlights of this wonderful year wub.gif (life wise that is, not necessarily Eurovision wise...). For starters, the draw was incredibly crap for the final, it was the WORST first 30-40 minutes of a final ever, such boring/bad songs. Only 2010's first semi final comes close to being so crap.

- Malta pulling off a vocal as bad as Jemini and getting a point too many in the final...

- Finland FINALLY proving their worth, and in some style! Loved that it was 100% televoting and still most countries were turning up to say Finland. Fearne Cotton even did the two finger rock concert hand thing when delivering our 12 to Lordi laugh.gif

- Belgium DNQ'ing with one of their best ever entries, and a song that I saw played quite a bit on UK TV/heard in the background of documentaries for years after. Long live Je T'adore!

- Germany's heartbreaking DNQ with a song that didn't leave the top ten there for something crazy like 30 weeks! Lovely pop country song, 15th was an injustice.

- Ich Troje returning with a completely different genre, and bringing a 90s dance legend along for the ride wub.gif

- Las Ketchup. What was the point? Imagine if they'd sent Asereje to Eurovision in 2002! ohmy.gif

- Everybody predicting a second Greek win on the trot for the eternally overrated Everything by Anna Vissi. Was one of their smallest of the decade in terms of success in fact ohmy.gif

- Norway thinking that it was 1996, not 2006 with a song that could have sat beautifully next to I Evighet, Den Vilda and The Voice. Oops, amazing though.

- Queen Carola of wind machines and her schlager stomper wub.gif

- Bosnia and Herzegovina whose Balkan ballad song I actually liked a lot, despite not being my cup of tea at all...

- Daz! Teenage Life is and will always be beyond amazing, points from ten countries but all low sad.gif Misunderstood. Loved that it was a UK top ten though!

- Silvia Night, that was fun wasn't it!?!

- Una from The Saturdays and a retired jockey (?) serving as backing singers for the surprise Irish top ten

- Elena Risteska prophesising the immense Beyonce and Shakira collaboration of the following year, with Macedonia's best entry to date!

- Andreas Lundstedt FINALLY getting to Eurovision as part of the Swiss act, but with sentimental dreck and not a great slice of disco pop sad.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 12th February 2012, 08:04 PM
Post #10
Group icon

I agree about the running order. The first few acts (except Christine) were awful. Everyone else performing after Sidsel (herself not included; except LT United and Daz) was either great or EXCELLENT.

Oh and Germany can't DNQ kink.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 12th February 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Ljósiš @ Feb 12 2012, 08:04 PM) *
I agree about the running order. The first few acts (except Christine) were awful. Everyone else performing after Sidsel (herself not included; except LT United and Daz) was either great or EXCELLENT.

Oh and Germany can't DNQ kink.gif

True, forgot about Christine being on early wub.gif The rest were dire though. Daz was a huge part of the great/EXCELLENT run for me!

Oops, I meant Germany's heartbreaking flop (compared to the odds they had at least!)

+Quote this post
N-S
post 12th February 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 816

I agree with gooddelta and I'd like to add up

- Portugal getting the Barbara Dex award! It was the final chapter for Non Stop, the Portuguese Girls Aloud (they were formed through the local version of Popstars).

- Mihai's charismatic octave range and the dancer who would suddenly get jealous and sit down at the middle of the performance.

- Carola and the flags.

- The ghost dancer out of the piano. It was then clear that a victory for Russia anytime soon was pretty much a given.

- Turkey relatively flopping. (i.e. not being top 10, on current Turkish standards)

- Tina Karol's scream as if she was falling from the London Tower.

+Quote this post
Ghosty.
post 12th February 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,886

There were some really good entries in 2006, but I think a lot of the auto-qualifiers spoilt it. Even if we take the Big 4 and Greece out of the equation, under the current two semi-final system, 6 of the auto-qualifiers statistically wouldn't have reached the final.

By auto-qualifying, Latvia, Switzerland, Denmark, Moldova, Israel and Malta stole the places of Poland (who's semi final score suggests it would have finished 12th in the final), Belgium, Iceland, Albania, Cyprus and Slovenia. Bulgaria would also have qualified to bring the total number of entries in the final to 25.

Obviously similar instances occurred in all the contests between 2004 and 2007, but it was 2006 that had the worst case for this.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 12th February 2012, 11:50 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Hello?

Completely agree, the sheer level of amazing DNQ's in 2006 is horrifying, and all because of that awful system of so many countries booking themselves places in the final for their crap entries sad.gif

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 13th February 2012, 01:45 AM
Post #15
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

The year that made me an absolute Eurovision LOON. So many entries to give out points to I'm lost!

Ukraine gave me my absolute favourite Eurovision song this year, a title that was taken away by another former Soviet Republic the following year.

I actually like Las Ketchup, even with the added cousin. Never quite understood Belgium's appeal and I've always been baffled by how much Germany and The Netherlands were underrated. Especially the former being the absolute smash hit that it was in its homeland.

And I still think to this day that "Teenage Life" is absolutely APPALING!

Also: AFRIKA PAPRIKA!!! wub.gif

+Quote this post
Vülker
post 13th February 2012, 02:45 AM
Post #16
Group icon
üüü barracüda
User: 10,222

Votes sent in.
My Top 6 swapped positions around 20 times!

Gonna do some predictions and say that the following 6 countries will qualify for the Semifinals: Belgium, Macedonia, Norway, Romania, Sweden and United Kingdom (please prove me wrong on this one!)

+Quote this post
p a v
post 13th February 2012, 05:59 AM
Post #17
Group icon

7 people voted and GOOD GOD, I'm not even going to pretend people are voting for males in this. ONE male act in the Top 10 currently. SHAME ON YOU, BUZZJACK.

QUOTE(N-S @ Feb 13 2012, 02:02 AM) *
- The ghost dancer out of the piano. It was then clear that a victory for Russia anytime soon was pretty much a given.

Ghost dancer? Ballerina, perhaps? heehee.gif

Oh and 'Je T'Adore' is SO overrated by y'all. I for one think it DNQ'd very much DESERVEDLY. ph34r.gif

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 13th February 2012, 06:56 AM
Post #18
Group icon
DROTTNING!

Voted! And my 12 is not at all going where everyone would expect it...anyway, HIGH/LOWLIGHTS:

- What a HIDEOUS opening quartet of songs! This really was the year of the DIRE autoqualifier, and I'm surprised they kept it on for 2007 after the absolute outrage that was the likes of Israel and Latvia making it in automatically. Grim.

- The absolutely divine Alvedansen. This would've probably swapped places with Lithuania had the mixed jury/televote been in this early...

- The terminally underrated of this year, which probably suffers more than most. These days, who remembers the likes of Denmark's sublime 50s pastiche, the gorgeous German entry, or Macedonia's entry which harks back to the best of the generic RnB (I'm thinking Christina Milian, or Can't Hold Us Down video-style Xtina) of the early 00s?

- Noted good-time girl Tina Karol taking to the stage and giving Europe a good PUNCH IN THE TITS with an ethnostomper nearly unrivalled since. You could probably SMELL the semen on her breath!

- Old TROLL DOLL-MULLET for Russia. THAT SAID, going by 2006 me's Google image search history the hair was seemingly NOT an issue (omg I'm so old)

- (Also the track for that matter wasn't bad either)

- The utter shitness of the Moldovan entry and its lyrics. 'Eh LOCA, come and give me your POCA'. What the FUCK?

- CAROLA SÅ BRA (and getting Sweden the traditional 5th place with 170 points, more than noted professional cunt SEAN FUCKING BANAN could EVER hope to muster. Bitch needs to KNOW HIS PLACE!)

- Silvia Night. your faves could neva (literally. bitch knew how to COMMIT TO A ROLE!)

- Also Congratulations was a bona fide max track and I'll see all who disagree NEXT YEAR IN ICELAND (for Eyjafjallajökull-related tasks)

- Also, how gloriously gaytastic were the likes of Slovenia, Turkey and Romania this year?

- Saving it for LAST as it's got to be the highlight of the whole thing: the AMAZING RETARDED JOY of La Coco-Dance Eurovision's V OWN Start Without You (except unappreciated in its lifetime. R.I.P. Severine sad.gif)

- Oh GO ON THEN LORDI

A year of HIGH HIGHS and LOW LOWS. Voting was so difficult.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 13th February 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #19
Group icon

It should say "Carola, jävvla bra!", if you want to disagree with Sean Banan.

Silvia Knight wub.gif She really made people believe she behaved like that in real life, but it was an act all along laugh.gif

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 13th February 2012, 09:14 AM
Post #20
Group icon
Hello?

QUOTE(Ljósiš @ Feb 13 2012, 05:59 AM) *
7 people voted and GOOD GOD, I'm not even going to pretend people are voting for males in this. ONE male act in the Top 10 currently. SHAME ON YOU, BUZZJACK.

It had better be Daz! wub.gif

Haters can pleasure themselves but Teenage Life was as good a novelty pop track as we'll ever find to enter. A glorious melodic fusion of Where Is The Love and the forgotten second Shanks & Bigfoot single Sing-A-Long fronted by a ridiculous cult figure in the UK cheese dance scene, also behind Bus Stop, Rikki & Daz and Uniting Nations. It was also clear that Daz cared more about Eurovision than the other nine acts we sent in the noughties combined, it was obvious that he was a huge fan of the contest and actually cared about his placing, so it was a shame to see him just scrape into the top 20.

Absolutely adore Teenage Life, I don't even care that the performance looked ridiculous and he looked like any 30-something 'trying to relive his youth' rolling out of Liquid and Envy after a few too many, it all added to the charm. The song's slow climb into the UK top ten was great to see, it was a bonafide hit single - certainly it got quite a bit of support from UK music channels iirc, naturally radio didn't touch it but I'm not sure what Eurovision song they would touch, music snobs that they all are in this country (Radio 2 aside!).

By some margin my favourite UK entry of the 00s, underrated to the max. Jonjo had better vote this time!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:27 PM