BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> S03; E17: 'Dance with Somebody'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post 9th April 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
THE NEW DIRECTIONS HONOR A MUSIC LEGEND ON AN ALL-NEW "GLEE" TUESDAY, APRIL 24, ON FOX

The glee club pays homage to a true icon when they cover Whitney Houston's greatest hits. Meanwhile, Emma and Will are one step closer to their dream wedding in the all-new "Dance with Somebody" episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, April 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-317) (TV-14 D, L)

Guest Cast: Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Mike O'Malley as Burt Hummel.

Yet another tribute. I was never the biggest fan of Whitney's music but her biggest hits are pretty good and hopefully there will be enough actual plot.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Aidan
post 9th April 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 6,246
I really hope this isn't just going to be like the Michael episode, with a song every few minutes. That was just awful tbh.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th April 2012, 08:50 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
^ Agreed, and I only really cared for 3/4 of them...

I LOVE Whitney but this better have actual plot to t as well!
Rumoured songs so far are I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Brittany and Santana, It's Not Right But It's OK by Blaine, a Kurt solo, a ND number, a Quinn/Joe duet, a Rachel/Santana duet, a Mercedes solo and a Rachel/Santana/Kurt/Mercedes number.

So that's 9, tbh it could be a musically packed episode again, and I bet the Mercedes solo is predictably I Have Nothing laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Liаm: 10th April 2012, 08:57 AM

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 15th April 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #4
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
'Saving All My Love For You'
'My Love Is Your Love'
'So Emotional'
'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' [Santana/Brittany]
'How Will I Know'
'I Have Nothing'
'It's Not Right But It's Okay' [Blaine]

Songs confirmed and rumours are suggesting that 'I Have Nothing' is Kurt. It's possible that a couple of songs are missing, 'When You Believe' was rumoured at one point and that's my personal favourite out of the selection.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 15th April 2012, 11:31 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Kurt wouldn't be my immediate choice for I Have Nothing, but I actually think it could work really well! As for the inevitable Mercedes solo, I'm hoping for How Will I Know rather than a cliched ballad again.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 15th April 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I hope they're not too predictable and actually don't want a Mercedes solo. laugh.gif

Considering the songs from what is rumoured for Kurt and what Blaine seems to be singing, something is likely to happen between them two during the episode then. (More Kurt's fault)

'How Will I Know' will be the big, group number. As much as I don't want it to be, I'm guessing Mercedes will get 'My Love Is Your Love', to sing to Sam.

Here's what I think:

'Saving All My Love For You' [Kurt/Blaine]
'My Love Is Your Love' [Mercedes]
'So Emotional' [Quinn/Joseph (? - new guy)]
'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' [Santana/Brittany]
'How Will I Know' [New Directions]
'I Have Nothing' [Kurt]
'It's Not Right But It's Okay' [Blaine]
'When You Believe' [Rachel/Mercedes] (If they do this. If not then Rachel/Mercedes will be getting 'Saving All My Love For You')

I'm gutted they don't seem to be doing 'One Moment In Time' or one of her newer songs. ('I Look To You' I thought would be a dead cert for this episode!)

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 15th April 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
"I Look to You" was done in Grilled Cheesus tongue.gif As expected, far too many songs chosen! I'm glad Brittany and Santana seem to be getting another duet though - "Me Against the Music", although not Britney's best, worked really well for the two of them!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 15th April 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Ah shit. It was, wasn't it? laugh.gif It was a decent cover, too. I probably forgot because it was such a bland episode. (Emotional, but bland). I'm actually pretty hopeful about this episode and think it'll be more 'The Power of Madonna' quality as opposed to the 'Michael' episode...

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 18th April 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #9
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

'How Will I Know' sounding really good and it looks quite emotional - now more excited for this episode despite it being a tribute.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 19th April 2012, 01:35 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Seems to actually be contributed towards a storyline. So that's good and I like the sound of 'How Will I Know' from that preview.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 19th April 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #11
Group icon

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post 20th April 2012, 11:50 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,344
The version of "How Will I Know" is beautiful, they really did a great job with that.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th April 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Ahhh! A performance like that is why I stick with Glee. They can take a song and completely make it their own and rework the whole thing which gives it a completely different meaning. Beautiful version of the song wub.gif

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 20th April 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179
Love How will i know one of there best covers i think they all sound amazing and blend really well smile.gif

+Quote this post
Joao.
post 21st April 2012, 02:17 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 2,497
I HATE what they've done to 'It's Not Right But It's Okay'. It's like a bad J.Lo/RedOne single.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 21st April 2012, 09:25 AM
Post #16
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
I love 'It's Not Right But It's Okay', possibly my favourite thing that Blaine has done. Really like 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody Too' even though it's been changed a lot. 'How Will I Know' is brilliant too of course so the music is better than I expected.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st April 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #17
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
I Wanna Dance With Somebody is amazing, so fun and carefree! I Have Nothing is pretty painful, I thought Kurt had a stronger voice than that... Not sure what to make of Blaine's It's Not Right But It's Okay, it's one of my fave Whitney songs and they've changed it SO much. Loving So Emotional and My Love Is Your Love though wub.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 21st April 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #18
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 25th April 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #19
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Really enjoyed this episode, actually LOLed a few times. Seems Klaine are going to work through their problems, wouldn't have minded them splitting up. As much as I liked the 'It's Not Right But It's Okay' performance I kinda cringe when they reference the song that is about to follow in such a way. 'My Love Is Your Love' was very sweet at the end.

Joe/Quinn is OK but I wish they'd have mentioned Artie and the bond he appeared to have formed with Quinn following her accident.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 25th April 2012, 05:29 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Really good episode! The best since "On My Way"! The songs were all very good (if a bit cheesy at times) and also quite emotional too! "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)" was the one that gave me shivers for some reason though, probably because it's my personal favourite Whitney song. Great storylines too, and although it's nice to see Kurt and Blaine settle their differences towards the end, it would've been interesting to see what happens had they split.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 09:31 AM