BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Prisoners' Wives, Series 2 - 14 March
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post 7th March 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

I'm surprised that there was no topic on this last year, but it's returning next Thursday for a second series! Only two of the 'wives' are going to reappear (Francesca and Harriet), although they other two had run their course I guess. I'm interested in what else they can add to the former's ridiculous lifestyle, but I thought that Pippa Haywood was excellent in the role of Harriet, and I'm looking forward to seeing how her character develops.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post 7th March 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #2
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

I'll definitely be watching this!

It'll be great to see Sally Carman in a different role to Kelly in Shameless. wub.gif

+Quote this post
jark
post 7th March 2013, 08:06 PM
Post #3
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

What happened to Francesca in the end? I think I only saw 3 episodes, she was working as a cleaner at the hospital. Did she become rich again?

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 8th March 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #4
Group icon

QUOTE(Jark @ Mar 7 2013, 08:06 PM) *
What happened to Francesca in the end? I think I only saw 3 episodes, she was working as a cleaner at the hospital. Did she become rich again?

I can't remember exactly but in the final episode the thugs broke into her dad's house (where she was staying with her kids) and beat him up. She also managed to have sex in the prison with her husband, although I'm not sure in which episode that was or if it was relevant. I'm sure Wiki can help you! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 15th March 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #5
Group icon

The relaunch was so much better than I expected - the great opening sequence and the car shooting were fantastic (although the latter was terrifying!) I really like the new lead characters too, the TV papers have already said that Kim's husband is innocent, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they resolve that. It also didn't feel like Gemma and Lou were missing, and Aisling fit in well with Harriet and Francesca (and I'm sure Kim will too once she gets to know the others better).

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 4th April 2013, 09:11 PM
Post #6
Group icon

Fantastic finale! I wasn't expecting the twist with Matt and Lauren. A shame that if there's a third series, Pippa Haywood will no longer be in it, but Polly Walker was still excellent so I'd still enjoy it.

+Quote this post
jark
post 4th April 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #7
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

I only caught the last two episodes, but yes it was brilliant. All four of the women were great this year and I thought the writing was absolutely fantastic. Ratings haven't been great so I'm not sure about a third series, or what Fran would do in it now she's jacked in her gangster days.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 4th April 2013, 09:24 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(Jark @ Apr 4 2013, 10:18 PM) *
I only caught the last two episodes, but yes it was brilliant. All four of the women were great this year and I thought the writing was absolutely fantastic. Ratings haven't been great so I'm not sure about a third series, or what Fran would do in it now she's jacked in her gangster days.

They could always go for a completely new prison set-up. The Syndicate's ratings haven't been excellent (better than PW's), but their second series was a new set-up and it still works.

+Quote this post
Calum
post 4th April 2013, 10:21 PM
Post #9
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

The whole episode was AMAZING, but the scenes accompanied by Home by Gabrielle Aplin *.* Absolutely fantastic!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 02:57 PM