BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ed Sheeran - x, 23rd June 2014
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
dispatchwood
post 28th May 2014, 09:37 AM
Post #21
Group icon
New Entry
User: 20,896

Ed Sheeran is an incredible artist! Has anyone seen his live shows? Immense.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 16th June 2014, 11:03 PM
Post #22
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

This album is shaping up really well. I love all the elements of "Afire Love", absolutely gorgeous track. Melodically it reminds me of "Old School Love" that he did with Lupe Fiasco.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 17th June 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

I really wish it was the Kygo remix of "I See Fire" included on the deluxe edition, because if it were, then the album would be shaping up to be one of my favourites of the year. I've only heard the live performance of "Don't", but it and "Afire Love" are both gorgeous. I'm not a huge fan of "One" but I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 18th June 2014, 12:15 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

'Thinking Out Loud' is the latest track to be made available from the album and is definitely my favourite so far! wub.gif

+Quote this post
dispatchwood
post 19th June 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #25
Group icon
New Entry
User: 20,896

Thinking out loud is AN AMAZING song. live performance of it on Jools a couple of weeks ago was completly out of this world ridiculous. Really can't wait for him to perform his new stuff when he tours again...... yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 19th June 2014, 10:49 AM
Post #26
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

'Thinking Out Loud' sounds like an instant classic. It has the potential to be massive, particularly in the US, I feel. It would have also been an appropriate name for the album if he wasn't such a whore for mathematical symbols sleep.gif.

'Afire Love' is my favourite from the few that I've heard so far though - absolutely gorgeous. This rarely happens to me but I heard it for the first time last night and by about the halfway point it hit me and I realised I needed to concentrate properly on every word and had to start it again. Played it about ten times since. It's clear why he's so in-demand as a songwriter.

'Bloodstream' is definitely a grower. Love the layered vocals. It was annoying me for ages but his voice reminds me of Ben Howard on it, particularly on the 'brokenheaaaarted' parts!

'The Man' is pretty deep. Don't know if it's a coincidence or a reference to the '27 Club' of Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morisson etc. but talking about being dead by 27...blink.gif.

This post has been edited by Noahspike: 19th June 2014, 11:02 AM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 19th June 2014, 09:11 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

The album's leaked. I'm just listening to bits and pieces from it and Nina is very good, I went to it first because I was intrigued about the lyrics, as it's obviously about Nina Nesbitt. It's not an Ellie style attack at least and the music is lovely (and the intro is like a distorted version of the intro to Spin My World by DJ Kent laugh.gif)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 19th June 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #28
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I had a listen to the album earlier, it's really good as a whole and less samey than + was. My favourites are I'm A Mess, Thinking Out Loud and Afire Love right now but there isn't one track I dislike.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 20th June 2014, 09:25 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Hello?

This album is full of surprises isn't it. Lyrically, musically, on all levels. I'm surprised because as much as I loved it, + was incredibly safe and a complete misrepresentation of his diversity as an artist.

The verses of The Man are proper rap not sing/rap like he usually does ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 20th June 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

Sing's only just clicked with me and I love it now but haven't heard anything else yet. Loved + so will buy X on Monday.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 22nd June 2014, 09:35 PM
Post #31
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Not massively keen on the album, I wasn't a huge fan of the first but really liking One and Photography. Both surely crying out to be singles, although I know the former has had quite a lot of exposure thus far.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 22nd June 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

'Thinking Out Loud' has managed to overtake 1 of the tracks released after it and is about to overtake a 2nd, so it looks like it must be getting a lot more individual sales relative to the others. Hopefully this indicates it should be a single!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 22nd June 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Hello?

It deserves to be one, it sounds like a lost soul classic. That and Don't are the easy album highlights for me thus far.

I don't get the fuss with One at the moment, I can't remember how it goes and I've apparently notched up 7 plays of it so far.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 23rd June 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #34
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Colour me SHOCKED. The album is pretty good. ohmy.gif So varied. Don't, Runaway and The Man (those guitar tracks in the chorus *.* ) are my favourites I think.

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 23rd June 2014, 12:47 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Hello?

Inside the album booklet behind the lyrics to Don't there's a sketch of Ed kissing a girl who's facial features are crossed out. But her hair and body shape looks a hell of a lot like Ellie Goulding laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 23rd June 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Jun 23 2014, 01:47 PM) *
Inside the album booklet behind the lyrics to Don't there's a sketch of Ed kissing a girl who's facial features are crossed out. But her hair and body shape looks a hell of a lot like Ellie Goulding laugh.gif

I really want to know what she thinks about this whole thing!

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post 23rd June 2014, 01:13 PM
Post #37
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860

I feel a little sorry for Ellie in all of this. I'm all for artists being explicit and honest in their songs but he's made it completely obvious that she's the subject of 'Don't' and as a result, she's going to get a lot of Twitter abuse from immature fans as well as interview questions etc. about it. By his own admission in the lyrics, they were never going out so it's not as if his public shaming of her is even particularly warranted. He comes out of it a little bitter and clingy TBH! I wonder if he regrets some of the phrasing in the song as maybe he thought he was being more cryptic than he was.

Also, I read an interview with him where he said that 'Sing' is about a very famous person and that nobody knew that. My money's on Taylor Swift ph34r.gif.

This post has been edited by Noahspike: 23rd June 2014, 01:23 PM

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 23rd June 2014, 06:38 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Hello?

Yeah, I'm really surprised how frank he's been on Don't and it's probably a little out of order, as he obviously wanted more from the fling than she did.

I think it's fair to say Ellie and Ed aren't going to be best of friends after this. I'll watch eagerly to see what happens when they both next turn up at the same event or whatever.

+Quote this post
THE GRIFF
post 23rd June 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #39

Thinking Out Loud is great but seriously, he has turned from one of my favourite artists to my least. Every time I hear him in an interview or something else now being cocky as f*** it irritates me.

+Quote this post
NellyEverySundae
post 10th July 2014, 06:28 PM
Post #40
Group icon
#TeamKrustyKrab
User: 20,675

I guess I'm the only one who adores 'Nina' sad.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >