BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> #THROWBACK • 'One Thing'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post Jun 14 2014, 12:35 AM
Post #1
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

So after the nightmare for nearly everybody on Buzzjack apart from myself that was 'Gotta Be You', the boys decided to release 'One Thing' as the third single from their début album 'Up All Night'! Granted it's a good song and it's one of the only ones I'd go back and listen to on the album out of choice, but I think there are others that could have been better choices than this - particularly 'Taken' or 'I Wish' (although following a ballad being released I doubt they could have fared that well, or maybe?).
The video for this is really, really good - just the boys and a few hundred fans. Them having fun and the fans crazing over them and proving to be one of the most powerful and dedicated of all in the world. Zayn looks amazing in it, as does Liam (he certainly looks better than many times in this one!), Harry looks nice as well.

Join us in the ninth part of #THROWBACK as we now take a look back at this single release, the final one from 'Up All Night', where the boys would go after this with their music ('Take Me Home' *.*) and what they would strike back with that would be 10x more powerful. Comment below and let us know what you think~

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jun 14 2014, 08:28 AM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
One Thing is one of my favourite 1D singles, it's really catchy!

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jun 14 2014, 01:41 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
QUOTE(Calum Sandé @ Jun 14 2014, 01:35 AM) *
Granted it's a good song and it's one of the only ones I'd go back and listen to on the album out of choice, but I think there are others that could have been better choices than this - particularly 'Taken' or 'I Wish' (although following a ballad being released I doubt they could have fared that well, or maybe?).

NO! One of the worst/blandest songs on the album. I think "One Thing" was the best choice but "Up All Night" would've probably worked as a good alternative.

I love "One Thing" and it's easily their best post-album single for me. Adore the video as well, it's simple fun and all five of them look great (the cute Zouis moment <3)

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 14 2014, 01:54 PM
Post #4
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
How ANYONE can think I Wish would be a good *single* is beyond me. It's a nice enough song (far from my favourite on the album) but would have missed the top 10 easily, considering One Thing only just made the top 10 with a physical sales boost (and is still one of their most known songs despite that).

Whilst One Thing isn't my favourite of their singles, it's still great and was DEFINITELY the right choice. It has a brilliant video too, one of my favourites of theirs! I wouldn't have chosen to release Up All Night in place of this, purely cause it's too similar to WMYB to be a single I think. Choosing a WMYB soundalike after Gotta Be You flopped would make them look quite desperate IMO.

+Quote this post
AdamAloud
post Jun 14 2014, 02:30 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
User: 11,955
I loved it at the time and still like it but it hasn't stood the test of time particularly well. I think it'll be cut from their next tour as well, they've made it quite clear they don't really like the song anymore.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jun 15 2014, 10:21 AM
Post #6
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
It's a decent enough song, but they've had much better since then

+Quote this post
Rose Mary
post Aug 4 2014, 01:17 PM
Post #7
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,119
I hope they create more beautiful songs! happy.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:48 AM