BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How close are you and your Family?, <3
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JSG
post Aug 2 2014, 07:30 AM
Post #1
'Run Away With Me'
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,473

I was just telling someone how my family isn't close at all.

Like my mum and 2 sisters stay 60 miles away and my dad, brother niece and nephew stay about 400 miles away.

I mean I could pop down to see my mum but usually I get one day off at the beginning of the week and one day off at the end of the week so if I got the bus or train to my mums I would spend half the day on the bus and train between going there and coming back and there would be no point. As for going to see my dad and brother well that would take longer.

Out of everyone, I'm closest to one of my sisters although I see her once every couple of months.

Don't talk to my mum all that often and can't stand my dad at all :/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Aug 2 2014, 08:13 AM
Post #2
I go up, I come down and I'm emptier inside.
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

But do you want to be close to your family?

+Quote Post
Sceryl_Streep
post Aug 2 2014, 08:16 AM
Post #3
Miss Rodham, if you're nasty
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I think it'll probably be different in 5/10 years once my family has all moved away (or at least those that intend to do so), but right now, living under the same roof, we're all pretty close. There's just one odd one out (and it's more a case of actively excluding himself because he's A MAN NOW and doesn't need us - until something goes wrong, which it frequently does), but he and I don't get on at all so it's not really a problem.

I also think age plays a factor too, there's just over 10 years between me and my youngest sister (with 5 others in between) so there's still enough common ground and stuff for it to be fine. Plus we all have fairly similar TV tastes and stuff, so I end up spending loads of time spending time with them doing that too.

+Quote Post
HausAlone
post Aug 2 2014, 11:14 AM
Post #4
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 13,007

Interesting question, and has made me realise that i rarely have any sort of deep or meaningful talks with my parents or brother now eek. I should probably change that, but i'm quite enjoying a bit more independence even while still living at home. My wider family did drift apart for a few years, but circumstances brought them all together and it's all amicable now.

I am probably closest to the one that is furthest away from me distance wise (my sister in Canada).

+Quote Post
dancember
post Aug 2 2014, 12:20 PM
Post #5
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

I am close to an extent as I'm still living with my parents and younger brother, which means I have to talk to them at dinner or when we go out somewhere (which happens a few times every month). I can't really answer this question properly until I move out I guess (which isn't happening anytime soon), I don't think I'll ever fully distance myself from them but I probably won't meet them every week or talk to them every day once I get going. (I imagine my mum would call me everyday though when I first make the move)

+Quote Post
M.
post Aug 2 2014, 02:46 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

I would say I am very close to my sister. I visited her very recently and it was really easy for me to talk to her about anything and everything. She doesn't judge and she makes me feel free and I'm able to be open with her. It's pretty much the same thing now with her girlfriend too, I'm pretty open with her too which is nice. She is definitely family.

It's similar with one of my cousins, who I also visited on the same trip. We have always had fun with each other and while there have been conflicts over little things, I don't think there is anything that could properly come between us.

My mum and I are not that close. We have our positive moments, but quite often there seems to be some kind of barrier between us that stops us from utilising the potential to really communicate well with each other. I often become irritated with her and stuff. We do get along a lot of the time too though.

+Quote Post
Cucumberella
post Aug 2 2014, 02:48 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9,403

my mum and i are extremely close and are really good friends as well as relatives, which i am so thankful for. she's the only family i really stay in ANY contact with.

+Quote Post
M.
post Aug 2 2014, 02:52 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(✖ ketalina ✖ @ Aug 2 2014, 03:48 PM) *
my mum and i are extremely close and are really good friends as well as relatives, which i am so thankful for.

I really admire you. Wish I had that with my mum.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Aug 2 2014, 03:02 PM
Post #9
unofficially fabulous
Member No.: 5,342

I think I'm really close with a lot of my immediate family, my Mother and Sister slightly more than my Dad and Brothers because we've got more in common, but I totally see how I have elements of both my Mum and my Dad's personalities. Extended family is a different story but I think that's the same for everyone.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 2 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Not at all tbh laugh.gif I don't live with my mum, I won't go into that, although I see her twice a week or so. We aren't that close though and never have been tbh, I still think she's not huge on the thought of me being gay and we don't have much in common etc. at all, idk I can't explain it. Haven't seen my dad for years, my nan has been absolutely horrible in the past so I don't have much time for her, my aunties are ok but they don't really bother. I guess I'm closest to my two older sisters, especially the eldest recently as she's been to uni/recently gradually so she's helped me a lot with that.

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Aug 2 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #11
masala me
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

One of my brothers is pretty much my best friend, so there's that, we have all the same sort of interests and if we're feeling up to it, talk for ages and ages on little things. Very much getting on with my mum as well these days which pleases me. My dad's also cool too, although I don't see him as often. Yeah, no horror stories, occasionally my youngest brother but even he's maturing these days. When I'm at home I feel very comfortable.

I like seeing my cousins on the rare occasions I do and most of my extended family are pretty cool.

+Quote Post
TheGrinch
post Aug 2 2014, 03:26 PM
Post #12
🙄
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 10,643

I'm only really close with my mum, dad and brother tbh. I don't really speak to the family that much.

+Quote Post
M.
post Aug 2 2014, 03:36 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Haha, this thread reminds me. My sister and I spent the night in our uncle's room when I was on holidays there, and our uncle came home in the middle of the night and asked us "Why are you so drowsy?" and my sister goes "It's 3 a.m.". What a great little moment laugh.gif

Yeah I didn't mention my uncle at all in my previous post. We are not close, I rarely see him. Same with my aunties, although I do get along really well with two of them especially, when I do see them.

+Quote Post
5 Silas Frøkner
post Aug 2 2014, 05:03 PM
Post #14
Surfing in paradise
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 3,474

Our nearest extended family is 300miles away so we don't see them that often and aside from my dad's sister there's barely any point in being related to the rest of my dad's family we see/speak that little.

As for my immediate family, I once moved far away from them and that was the best my relationship with them has ever been. I hate living at home with a passion, I just miss my freedom even though I can largely come and go as I please. Thankfully my little sister is moving to the States to go to Uni on a sports scholarship on Tuesday so that's one less family member to deal with. cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Riser
post Aug 3 2014, 02:50 AM
Post #15
King of nothing at all
Member No.: 19,534

I'd say my mom's side and my dad's side are complete opposites!

On my mom's side, everyone lives so far apart, spread out all across the states, but we all make an effort to see each other as much as possible, so any time I travel is usually to visit them.

My dad, on the other hand, never makes any effort to see his aunts/uncles/cousins so there's a lot of them I don't really know even though there's a lot less distance than my mom's family. But, I'm really close with my aunts/uncles/cousins on this side because we all grew up in the same town and went to the same school.

Plus, my brothers are basically my best friends, though one of them has just moved across the country. He has no family around now, I don't think I could handle that!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 01:37 AM