BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how seriously do you take the rate?, blimpjob pop contests in general
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
jjake
post Aug 3 2014, 02:02 PM
Post #1
jenny from human resources
Group: Members
Member No.: 47

with the impending rate and some of the comments being tossed about the site i thought it'd be interesting to create a discussion on the rate and the effects it has on ourselves and others on the forum. are you a fan of these comps? do you think people take it too seriously? perhaps not seriously enough?

why do we spend time judging others on the basis of their preconceived textual postings over the internet. should we hold rates irl? are we all seeking some sort of validation? does a high rate score make you feel better about something lacking within yourself and within your life?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Aug 3 2014, 02:04 PM
Post #2
Jemma Lucy of t Seet
Member No.: 16,660

As long as I'm the most popular Dutchmen, everything will be okay. If Totto or Atonement snatch my wig, I'll have a mental breakdown smoke.gif

On a more serious note,it's really nothing deep. I just like knowing what people think about me as a poster and how I come across to others around here.

This post has been edited by *Tim: Aug 3 2014, 02:06 PM

+Quote Post
152chris
post Aug 3 2014, 02:04 PM
Post #3
down with jakewild
Member No.: 10,105
   No Gallery Pics

if i don't get top ten this time i'm quitting my music career.

+Quote Post
Jack
post Aug 3 2014, 02:05 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

I do not feel like I have truly fulfilled my life aspirations until I come Top 10 tbh.

This post has been edited by Jack: Aug 3 2014, 02:07 PM

+Quote Post
Jack
post Aug 3 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend

But really, as in real life I only care about people who I like liking me back. Why do I give a shit if some randomer or someone I actively dislike doesnt like me?! Especially if it is online and they dont even know me?!

This post has been edited by Jack: Aug 3 2014, 02:06 PM

+Quote Post
jjake
post Aug 3 2014, 02:07 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(♒ chris @ Aug 3 2014, 03:04 PM) *
if i don't get top ten this time i'm quitting my music career.

hmm i see now why you've planned the paris move

+Quote Post
_____
post Aug 3 2014, 02:08 PM
Post #7
I like it slow
Member No.: 11,494

I enjoy it. I wouldn't say I take it that seriously, but I enjoy telling people what I think of them, and that's not just here but everywhere.

+Quote Post
Jack
post Aug 3 2014, 02:09 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend

I can almost guarantee you do not tell people what you think of them in real life. Not because it is you, just because hardly anyone does unless it is positive or they are in an argument.

+Quote Post
_____
post Aug 3 2014, 02:10 PM
Post #9
I like it slow

I also think because it's been a long time since the last one, people are talking about it more and therefore it's become quite a big discussion point on Buzzjack recently.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 3 2014, 02:10 PM
Post #10
Honey I rose up from the dead I do it all the time
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

I did care in my first two rates 2011 and 2012, I was 14/15 then, now I've grown up a bit I've realised there's no point in caring so much. It's a bunch if people on the internet, some of whom I've never so much as exchanged a sentence with, if they don't like me based on a few posts on an Internet forum it isn't going to ruin my life or anything, and if someone I don't like dislikes me then that's fine because I've probably made comments about them in the rate/hate chart before laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jjake
post Aug 3 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Jack @ Aug 3 2014, 03:06 PM) *
But really, as in real life I only care about people who I like liking me back. Why do I give a shit if some randomer or someone I actively dislike doesnt like me?! Especially if it is online and they dont even know me?!

because no matter how far we come we are all gays somewhere on an insecure scale. probably less and less insecure with time but nobody wants to be disliked nor see criticism of themselves. that said with time you become more and more separated in age from others and who gives a shit what some closeted 16 year old thinks of you.

(i say this as someone who gets a barrage of negative comments annually but gets by fine)

p.s. miss u bbz and hope u r well xxx

+Quote Post
_____
post Aug 3 2014, 02:12 PM
Post #12
I like it slow

QUOTE(Jack @ Aug 3 2014, 03:09 PM) *
I can almost guarantee you do not tell people what you think of them in real life. Not because it is you, just because hardly anyone does unless it is positive or they are in an argument.

I never said I did it that often, I said I enjoy doing it.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Aug 3 2014, 02:13 PM
Post #13
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I wouldn't mind coming in higher than last year's rate but it's not the be all and end all of my life.

+Quote Post
Klampus
post Aug 3 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #14
wtf are perfect places
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

My pre-order is not Top 1500 (not even in Pop) and the only promo I've got booked is Let's Do Lunch so I guess I'm not that bothered.

+Quote Post
_____
post Aug 3 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #15
I like it slow

One of my favourite things about forums is people claiming that they don't care what someone thinks of them.

Not that I do unless it's someone who I care about, but I just wish someone would say that they do care as it's perfectly normal to actually take criticism in any form quite badly, and shouldn't be discouraged because it's "cool".

This post has been edited by GRIFF: Aug 3 2014, 02:16 PM

+Quote Post
April
post Aug 3 2014, 02:16 PM
Post #16
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

QUOTE(Rabbit Heart @ Aug 3 2014, 03:14 PM) *
My pre-order is not Top 1500 (not even in Pop) and the only promo I've got booked is Let's Do Lunch so I guess I'm not that bothered.

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jack
post Aug 3 2014, 02:16 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(░░░░ @ Aug 3 2014, 03:11 PM) *
because no matter how far we come we are all gays somewhere on an insecure scale. probably less and less insecure with time but nobody wants to be disliked nor see criticism of themselves. that said with time you become more and more separated in age from others and who gives a shit what some closeted 16 year old thinks of you.

(i say this as someone who gets a barrage of negative comments annually but gets by fine)

p.s. miss u bbz and hope u r well xxx

Oh I know, I used to care quite a bit when I was 16 and would genuinely get upset if they didnt. Bizzare looking back at it, but we all grow with age like you say. I am fully expecting a whole load of negative comments this year as well, but it doesnt phase me anymore really.

p.s you too, I am good thanks, hope you are too. I will probably end up giving you the obligatory "really like you as a poster, wish we spoke more off the forum" rate sad.gif.

+Quote Post
Jack
post Aug 3 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(GRIFF @ Aug 3 2014, 03:12 PM) *
I never said I did it that often, I said I enjoy doing it.

That is kind of odd. But each to their own.

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 3 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

It's a bit of fun for me. Well, a lot of fun actually. However, I would be lying if I said I sat and read through every single rate from start to finish. And when it comes to actually writing up a rate myself, well I believe I have only done it twice, with very different mindsets. What I mean is, the first time I did it, I have to admit, I was probably deliberately trying to be a little bit bitchy for fun, but then the second time I found myself being much more nice in general. I don't have incredibly negative feelings towards anyone on this site, so I have no real reason to be unnecessarily bitchy apart from what I found fun the first time. This year? Well, we'll see... tongue.gif

(As much as I love being part of the rate, there is a slight chance I won't write one up this year but I'll see)

+Quote Post
Jack
post Aug 3 2014, 02:19 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(GRIFF @ Aug 3 2014, 03:15 PM) *
One of my favourite things about forums is people claiming that they don't care what someone thinks of them.

Not that I do unless it's someone who I care about, but I just wish someone would say that they do care as it's perfectly normal to actually take criticism in any form quite badly, and shouldn't be discouraged because it's "cool".

But why do I care when it is usually someone I dislike anyway or someone I dont know criticizing me?! I probably do not think too highly of them anyway. If it was a genuine friend or someone I speak to a lot on here I might take it on board, but otherwise I could not give a f***. That isnt me trying to be "cool" or whatever, its just the truth.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 10:38 PM