BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~STEP PARENTS~, {you're not my real mom}
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
*Callum
post Aug 6 2014, 12:42 PM
Post #1
C A L
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,799

I was wondering, how many of you have step parents i.e. your mother and father have split up / divorced etc.??? Do you get along with them? Do you ever wish that your parents had stayed together??

I only ask this as I have step parents due to my mum and dad splitting when I couldn't have been far past 1. My stepmum has been in my life for around 14 years now so I get along with her just fine, but my stepdad must be the spawn of Satan. How yhuu feel??? heart.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Aug 6 2014, 12:53 PM
Post #2
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Both of your parents are step-parents? Are you sure you don't mean foster / adoptive parents? Or did your mum / dad remarry, then the person they remarried then themselves remarried and you remained living with this entirely new couple for some reason? Cos that all sounds like a pretty stressful mess.

My mum and dad are my biological parents as far as I know. Related thought: unless you go and get it tested for whatever reason this is just something that you trust them about and not that you know for sure.

+Quote Post
Joe ho ho!
post Aug 6 2014, 12:57 PM
Post #3
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 19,931

QUOTE({ bré } @ Aug 6 2014, 01:53 PM) *
Both of your parents are step-parents? Are you sure you don't mean foster / adoptive parents? Or did your mum / dad remarry, then the person they remarried then themselves remarried and you remained living with this entirely new couple for some reason? Cos that all sounds like a pretty stressful mess.

He means both his parents have re-married.

Same with mine. I get on fine with my stepmother, she's been around since I was 7 (I'm 26). So she's kind of an extra mother (Saying that without shading my biological mother too much).

My stepdad, also, is the spawn of Satan though.

+Quote Post
jark
Post #4
something you consider rare
Member No.: 2,990

No, his mum and dad separated, remarried, and thus he has a stepmum (not mom) and a stepdad.

+Quote Post
*Callum
Post #5
C A L

No my mum and dad split and married other people, the people they married are my step-parents. laugh.gif

Over-confusing things Bré. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Michael Bubré
post Aug 6 2014, 01:08 PM
Post #6
Mr Jade Lauren Williams <333
Member No.: 8,300

Oh I get it now (I think). Thought you were saying you have a stepmum and a stepdad who are married to each other ~ That makes a lot more sense.

+Quote Post
jjake
post Aug 6 2014, 01:11 PM
Post #7
jenny from human resources
Member No.: 47

Breanna do you want me to produce a barchart to explain this simple concept?

Or perhaps these step-parents are actually step-aunts and uncles as the stepmother and adoptive sister went missing

+Quote Post
*Callum
post Aug 6 2014, 01:14 PM
Post #8
C A L

By all means anyone talk about their parents, I didn't mean for this to become a school 4 bré. rotf.gif

+Quote Post
Yuki On Ice~
post Aug 6 2014, 01:28 PM
Post #9
don't lose your way
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 12,929

I have a fairly decent relationship with my stepmum, when I do see her and my dad, which isn't that often. She's very practical and down-to-earth which does clash a bit with my idealism/laziness but we get on okay these days. She and my dad have been married for several years now (even then it's the most recent wedding I've been to) so I'm quite used to her.

My mum does have a steady partner so even though they aren't married he almost feels like another parent and I really do like him a lot, he's very easy-going, has a wonderful sense of humour and is very into his music like me.

I used to wish my parents had stayed together, they split when I was 12 so it wasn't the best time for me to be having family drama for the next few years on top of entering puberty, but these days I couldn't really imagine it any other way, they did use to fight a lot and they've both found people who complement them better.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 6 2014, 01:29 PM
Post #10
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

My stepdad is awful and we really don't get along. Him and my mother had a baby after being together for under a month, and now she see's what a big mistake that was. They're always arguing/screaming and once he threw beer over my 2 month old sister (his DAUGHTER). He has no respect for the house and there are lots of stains and holes in walls from things have been thrown or punched. He also has no respect for anything inside the house, often tearing up peoples clothes and he even snapped his own laptop in half?????? He also cheated on my mother and is always texting other women. He doesn't know how to look after my sister despite have FIVE previous children, even I'm better with her despite having no previous baby experience. Mum wants to get rid of him but fears that her daughter won't have a good life. sad.gif

However, my stepmum is lovely and I love spending time around her and my Dad's house smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slade
post Aug 6 2014, 01:30 PM
Post #11
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Member No.: 12,810

I'm lucky enough to have parents that are still together now and very much happy and still in love, I'd be devastated if they ever called things a day because it's all I've ever known.

+Quote Post
*Callum
post Aug 6 2014, 01:32 PM
Post #12
C A L

QUOTE(jsilv @ Aug 6 2014, 02:29 PM) *
My stepdad is awful and we really don't get along. Him and my mother had a baby after being together for under a month, and now she see's what a big mistake that was. They're always arguing/screaming and once he threw beer over my 2 month old sister (his DAUGHTER). He has no respect for the house and there are lots of stains and holes in walls from things have been thrown or punched. He also has no respect for anything inside the house, often tearing up peoples clothes and he even snapped his own laptop in half?????? He also cheated on my mother and is always texting other women. He doesn't know how to look after my sister despite have FIVE previous children, even I'm better with her despite having no previous baby experience. Mum wants to get rid of him but fears that her daughter won't have a good life. sad.gif

However, my stepmum is lovely and I love spending time around her and my Dad's house smile.gif

Wow. If you need someone to talk to I'm always here, you know that. smile.gif It's really endearing that you remain so positive even though what seems to be a rather hellish living situation is happening around you. angel.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 6 2014, 01:45 PM
Post #13
c:

QUOTE(Callum Sandford @ Aug 6 2014, 02:32 PM) *
Wow. If you need someone to talk to I'm always here, you know that. smile.gif It's really endearing that you remain so positive even though what seems to be a rather hellish living situation is happening around you. angel.gif

Thank you. I think that's why I'm quite positive, I kind of have to be laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Aug 6 2014, 02:03 PM
Post #14
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

I don't have any step parents. My Mum & Dad split when I was 5 and only my mum remarried. And now she's divorced again sad.gif Her new man is a c**t though and I can stand the ground he walks on. And as far as I'm aware my dad has been single since then.

+Quote Post
JSG
post Aug 6 2014, 02:05 PM
Post #15
'Run Away With Me'
Member No.: 18,473

That is utterly awful. Like Callum says, if you ever need to chat you know where my inbox is smile.gif

+Quote Post
HowToPronounceMa...
post Aug 6 2014, 02:10 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

My parents split when I was super young. My mum got a new partner sometime after that, but he passed away last year and I wonder if she'll ever get someone new. My dad has also passed away, in 2008, and he had a new partner in the last few years of his life.

I got along quite well with my dad's partner (I keep saying the word 'partner' because none of them were married to each other, just together), she was a bit mentally unstable but I never witnessed any of it. My mum's partner and I got along ok, but I would be lying if I said we were very close. We didn't have much in common, we didn't talk to each other that much and it was often awkward, even after so many years of knowing each other which is kind of sad.

+Quote Post
_____
post Aug 6 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #17
I like it slow
Member No.: 11,494

Get social services involved. You don't want the situation to manifest into something more ugly.

+Quote Post
*Callum
post Aug 6 2014, 02:15 PM
Post #18
C A L

QUOTE(GRIFF @ Aug 6 2014, 03:11 PM) *
Get social services involved. You don't want the situation to manifest into something more ugly.

THIS.

As much as I know it's not anybody's place to tell you what to do, I'd strongly advise you to not let either of your parents know you've said this on an Internet forum as it could potentially get uglier, but by all means talk to any of us if you have any problems jsliv. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Callum Sandford: Aug 6 2014, 02:16 PM

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 6 2014, 02:23 PM
Post #19
c:

Thanks James smile.gif

I think their relationship is on the very last legs anyway so hopefully we'll get shot of him soon, but thanks for the advice anyway.

This post has been edited by jsilv: Aug 6 2014, 02:23 PM

+Quote Post
dancember
post Aug 6 2014, 04:38 PM
Post #20
DANTA CLAUS 🤶
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Fortunately my parents have been together throughout the entirety of my life so I haven't had to deal with stepparents.

that step-dad situation sounds awful josh sad.gif do you have to live with him or would your real parents understand you wanting to live with your dad/step-mom (assuming that's possible/better)? The advice given in this thread is pretty good actually, I'd worry about getting him out first. Would be a shame for the daughter to not have 2 parents but it's better than the current situation

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 11:17 AM