BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Leonardo & Michelangelo & Raphael & Donatello
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post Aug 8 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,742
   No Gallery Pics

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles released in U.S yesterday!!! I'm very exciting because I was a big fan of animation series when I was kid and I will not lose this movie for anything!! Megan Fox plays April O'Neil and Johnny Knoxville is the voice of Leonardo. Whoopi Goldberg also plays in this movie. Jonathan Liebesman is the director of the movie and the budget is quite high ($125.000.000). I think that it will be entertaining as the series.

This post has been edited by Insomnio: Aug 8 2014, 08:10 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Insomnio
post Nov 11 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,742
   No Gallery Pics

The "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" was definitely one of my favorite cartoons from my childhhod. I remember that I tried not to miss any episode and I have always found the 4 main heroes very amusing. Last August, the new film was released in cinemas in America and opened in first place at the Box Office! Although, it is a well known cartoon and comic, the Greek distribution company did the worst marketing for it. It wasn't promoted as it should have been, it had almost a month delay from the official release date and it was restricted to afternoon screenings from the second week onwards. Perhaps the younger generations are not familiar with this cartoon since they have grown up with new animation (Pokemon e.t.c) but the current generation of thirtysomething surely would have see the TMNT in their childhood. So, I wasn't suprised that there weren't many children and teenagers in the cinema hall since most viewers were over 30.
The movie was just as I expected. It had some nice visual effects, pretty funny scenes and the plot was decent for a Hollywood movie. The role of the journalist April O 'Neil was performed by gorgeous Megan Fox and the four ninja turtles were processed with the best digital media. Do you remember only the original film in the 90s? The TMNT were performers that were wearing physical costumes and the spectacle was quite tragic and ridiculous. At least, in the new film the 4 ninja turtles were presented in the best possible way. Josh Appelbaum, André Nemec and Evan Daugherty co-wrote the script and Jonathan Liebesman is the director of the film. Having seen his previous works (Darkness Falls, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, Battle: Los Angeles and Wrath of the Titans), I think that he did a good job in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". He began to direct scary movies (I guess he is a fan) with low-budget but in recent years he began to work with the major movie studios, undertaking high-budget productions. However, I believe that his new work doesn't distinguish from his own personal directing. It looks like a movie that would have been directed by Michael Bay and it is no coincidence that the latter is one of the main producers! Apparently, Bay had the first and the final word in this project. However, that was not bad since many Bay films have always had very good cinematography, fast cutting and exciting scenes and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" could not be an exception.
The "TMNT" is already one of the most successful films of this year. With a large enough budget ($125 million), it has collected about $465 million so far. It is even being played in many countries, it is having a good run in the Box Office. Although it received very negative reviews, it seems that they didn't affect the desire of the viewers to watch this movie in the cinema. It's not the kind of film that critics will be happy to watch just for enjoyment. They draw obviously some conclusions from the official trailer. I would say that it is primarily for the fans of the cartoon or comic but also for all those who consider cinema as a nice way of entertainment.

This post has been edited by Insomnio: Nov 11 2014, 11:34 PM

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Nov 12 2014, 06:40 PM
Post #3
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I don't recall ever seeing an episode of the TV series but I found this to be a fun romp. Just an easy and not over-long watch, liked the characters, it had some good humour. Lost a bit of focus with all the action scenes but it's solid enough and I don't feel that not having seen the TV series hindered my enjoyment at all.

I also liked the Gwen Stefani relevance.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 10:48 PM